[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FourSport dynasties

Tford

The Huddle is home to many sports; not just football. Hockey (of which I'm personally in the BOTH league; Huddle on the Puddle), baseball and basketball among others.

Has there ever been any thought given to a dynasty league that incorporates four different sports into one league? Each owner maintains a football, hockey, baseball and basketball roster? I think the concept is pretty cool.

I wonder if the idea could drum up any interest? Maybe here would be a good place to chat it up.

:D the hell kind of minnesota sports fan are you, anyway? :wacko:

One that lives in CA. :D Plus, I'm 6'6", and even though I weigh quite a bit more now than I did 15 years ago, I was about a buck seventy-five in high school... in other words, not the build of a hockey player, to say the least. Basketball was always my sport... never really got into hockey, although I have a lot of friends who were (and still are).

I think part of the fun for me would be NOT being strong at every facet of it.

I'll be the first to say that my knowledge of basketball is poor at best and although I'm been part of a couple fantasy baseball leagues, I doubt I could match the acumen of most huddlers.

But that said, something about managing all four sports for one team sounds pretty cool.

I did one locally about 5-6 years ago. I called it the fantasy Triathlon. It was just 1 stat that was counted in 3 sports and you gained Triathlon points by finishing either 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the respective sport. Plus each sport had a prize for 1st 2nd 3rd.

Example

Baseball

The only stat we based the socring on was RBIs. You drafted 7 we used your best 5

Football

The only stat we based the scoring on was TD's. You drafted 7 we counted your best 5

Basketball

The only stat we based the scoring on was points scored. You drafted 7 we counted your best 5

This was from the thread I started here a few years back seeing if anyone was interested

I came up with an idea last year and we started the league this year and so far its been great.I Included it in pro football because thats one of the legs of the triathlon .Heres how it works.There is 3 stages of the fantasy Triathlon.Baseball,Football,and basketball.In baseball you pick 7 players and use your top five and the only stat you keep track of is RBIs.In football you pick 8 and count your best 5 and the only stat you keep is TDs.In basketball you draft 7 and your best 5 count and the only stat you keep is points.Ech sport has individual winners with prize money.Example.baseball has a payout for 1st and 2nd place.But the way the Triathlon kicks in is 1st place gets 10Triathlon points 2nd place gets 7 Triathlon points and 3rd place gets 5 Triathlon points.Then you move on to football and its the same format 1st 2nd and 3rd get Triathlon points 1st and 2nd get a payout.Same for basketball.At the end of basketball the team with the most Triathlon points wins the Triathlon and a huge payout.This thing is really working out great because even if your not in contention for the Triathlon you can still win money on individual sports and it keeps everyone involved.The beauty of it also is that once you draft your done.theres no moves free agents etc its just strictly rbis ,tds, and points.Just thought Id share this with you guys because we are having a great time with it.You really have to be a fantasy junkie to do it which I know a lot of you guys are.So I hope some of guys start one of these and it catches on..Take care.
Edited by whomper

I did one locally about 5-6 years ago. I called it the fantasy Triathlon. It was just 1 stat that was counted in 3 sports and you gained Triathlon points by finishing either 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the respective sport. Plus each sport had a prize for 1st 2nd 3rd.

Example

Baseball

The only stat we based the socring on was RBIs. You drafted 7 we used your best 5

Football

The only stat we based the scoring on was TD's. You drafted 7 we counted your best 5

Basketball

The only stat we based the scoring on was points scored. You drafted 7 we counted your best 5

This was from the thread I started here a few years back seeing if anyone was interested

This I would try. As a novice NBA fan I still know who scores.