[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yankees/Angels

SLAYER

The Yankees just can't buy a win in wherever the hell they play these days out west. Everything that can go wrong usually does. So it will be interesting to see out this shapes up. It will be a close series with the Yankees needing home wins or reversing their showing over the past few years out west.

The Yanks just have the look of a Championship team this year. Honestly, it's all but in the bag already. Anything less than a 27th title would be shocking.

The Yanks just have the look of a Championship team this year. : Honestly, it's all but in the bag already . Anything less than a 27th title would be shocking.

:wacko:

Holy Crap, what a BS call at second base.

I agree completely as that's just an understood call. However, they had the guys look at it and he had touched the base every other time he turned two except that one and they called him on it. It had no impact on the outcome, so no use even bringing it up. The Yanks once again found a way to scratch out another win.

The Yanks just have the look of a Championship team this year. Honestly, it's all but in the bag already. Anything less than a 27th title would be shocking.

Jinx, thy name is Irish.

Why on earth would you write something like that? Did 2004 NOT teach you anything? Did the 2007 Super Bowl, or Lake Placid in 1980 not teach you anything? Hell, did Buster Douglas not teach you anything? Come on man....

Jinx, thy name is Irish.

Why on earth would you write something like that? Did 2004 NOT teach you anything? Did the 2007 Super Bowl, or Lake Placid in 1980 not teach you anything? Hell, did Buster Douglas not teach you anything? Come on man....

Seriously, the things that happened in NY to the Angels( errors, stupid playing, bad luck) are the things that have been happening to the Yankees when they play in LA. So until I see some evidence of this not repeating, it is far from over.

Jinx, thy name is Irish.

3 reasons mainly.

1- I don't believe in jinxes and am not superstitious. Things will play out and it'll be what it'll be.

2- Just wanted to get a rise out of some fellow Huddlers.

3- Confidence. 2-0, World Series here come the Yankees!!

Edited by irish

Seriously, the things that happened in NY to the Angels( errors, stupid playing, bad luck) are the things that have been happening to the Yankees when they play in LA. So until I see some evidence of this not repeating, it is far from over.

These things happened to the Twins in game 2 in the ALDS, plus maybe the worst call on the live / foul ball from Mauer I've ever seen. I would not worry if I were you, the Yankees are going to the WS.

Arod is swinging with complete confidence in the playoffs. CC is dealing. Yanks look awesome so far and the Angels look surprisingly out of sync given their talent and excellent manager. Gonna be interesting as this heads out west

I laugh because i remember you had all but guaranteed Giants would not advance to SB a few years back and believe you posted they would not win

this reminded me of it

as a Yankee hater , i now have hope :D

I laugh because i remember you had all but guaranteed Giants would not advance to SB a few years back and believe you posted they would not win

this reminded me of it

as a Yankee hater , i now have hope :D

:D I did but what do I know. I posted here to gets some folks fired up. Objective achieved. Those who believe in jinxing, etc. are just silly. Something that some random guy from NJ says, will certainly not affect the outcome. I agree though that it would be funny if the Yanks experience a meltdown.

Baseball needs to expand instant replay like the NFL. You can't blow a call like that in these big games.

ETA - twice....

I agree and no that haven't impacted things in regard to runs but just poor calls.

just turned the game on...what happened?

The 2 from tonight that I recall were a pick off move that caught Swisher sleeping at 2nd and he was clearly tagged out but called safe. The other was a play where Posada was on third base and Cano was on 2nd with 1 out and the batter hit a ball back to the pitcher. The pitcher threw it home and Posada was caught in a run down while Cano ran to 3rd but didn't stand on the base. The catcher ran Posada down the line and Posada proceeded to run over 3rd base and stand behind the bag. The Angel's catcher tagged Cano who wasn't touching 3rd and than tagged Posada who was also not touching 3rd. Both should've been out but only Posada was called out. Cano stayed on 3rd but never made it home anyhow.

I agree and no that haven't impacted things in regard to runs but just poor calls.

The other was a play where Posada was on third base and Cano was on 2nd with 1 out and the batter hit a ball back to the pitcher. The pitcher threw it home and Posada was caught in a run down while Cano ran to 3rd but didn't stand on the base. The catcher ran Posada down the line and Posada proceeded to run over 3rd base and stand behind the bag. The Angel's catcher tagged Cano who wasn't touching 3rd and than tagged Posada who was also not touching 3rd. Both should've been out but only Posada was called out. Cano stayed on 3rd but never made it home anyhow.

That was the worst call i have ever seen. How could the ump who was standing right there not see that...

The other was the Yankees had the bases loaded with one out, and a fly ball to Hunter. The player tags and scores. The Angels appeal and they call him out and take the run off the board. The replay showed Swisher was still on base when Hunter caught the ball. Those are not hard calls to make.

They need to give the Managers a challenge flag like the NFL.

That was the worst call i have ever seen. How could the ump who was standing right there not see that...

The other was the Yankees had the bases loaded with one out, and a fly ball to Hunter. The player tags and scores. The Angels appeal and they call him out and take the run off the board. The replay showed Swisher was still on base when Hunter caught the ball. Those are not hard calls to make.

They need to give the Managers a challenge flag like the NFL.

I agree that they have been some of the worst calls and after you reminded me of the Swisher tagging from 3rd play, I retract my statement about how the bad calls have not affected the score as it should be 6-1 right now and maybe more. At least the bad calls have been going both ways. But they have been relatively easy calls to make. The ump who called Swish out for leaving too early never even looked at Swish during the play so he just went with the challenge from the Angels.

I agree that they have been some of the worst calls and after you reminded me of the Swisher tagging from 3rd play, I retract my statement about how the bad calls have not affected the score as it should be 6-1 right now and maybe more. At least the bad calls have been going both ways. But they have been relatively easy calls to make. The ump who called Swish out for leaving too early never even looked at Swish during the play so he just went with the challenge from the Angels.

Still should've been 3-0 at that time since Swisher was really picked off of 2nd anyway.

Oh well, Yanks and Phillies in the World Series. It would've been fun to see Torre and Girardi managing their clubs in the fall classic.

That hugh delay the Yankees engineered last night so they could warm up Rivera needs to be addressed by MLB. They had umpteen separate mound visits by coaches and players plus they kept throwing to first regardless of the runner at first never leaving the bag. Yankee games already take significantly longer than any other team's and it doesn't help MLB's efforts to speed the game up.

I'd suggest that the at-bat starts when the first attempt at a pickoff is thrown and the period between the last out and the start of the next at-bat not exceed one minute. The penalty would be moving everyone up a base.

That hugh delay the Yankees engineered last night so they could warm up Rivera needs to be addressed by MLB. They had umpteen separate mound visits by coaches and players plus they kept throwing to first regardless of the runner at first never leaving the bag. Yankee games already take significantly longer than any other team's and it doesn't help MLB's efforts to speed the game up.

I'd suggest that the at-bat starts when the first attempt at a pickoff is thrown and the period between the last out and the start of the next at-bat not exceed one minute. The penalty would be moving everyone up a base.

back when I was a kid there was an amatuer tournament that was held each year at one of our fields and they actually utilized a time clock like in football...i want to say I think they had 1 minute after an out or hit was recorded to deliver their next pitch to the plate(it may have been more or less cause i really cant remember)...and when a coach visited the mound I think the timer started for that also (i think).

edit: actually here is an article on it(20 different speed up rules) http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/art...08437/index.htm

Violations of the tournament's sacred rules are dealt with—how else?—swiftly. Whenever the timer reaches zero, the clock operator in the press box pushes a button that sets off a bell. If the violation is committed by the team at bat, a strike is called on the batter. If it is by the team in the field, a ball is called.

here is another link that gives some specific times: http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/...85adb8bdf5.html

To keep the game moving, teams have 90 seconds to get on and off the field between innings. Pitchers have 20 seconds between pitches, while batters get 10.
Edited by keggerz