[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dodgers - Phils

keggerz

It is going to take 27 Outs!!! Man, what a great win!

One gripe from last night; The home crowd appeared to be a non-factor after the 4th inning and it is my understanding that people were actually leaving during a one run game to "beat traffic"... Shameful!

Definitley in deep water now. Brutal.

Did'nt determine the outcome, but my God that plate umpire sucked last night. ( for both teams)

spell edit

he sure had a small strike zone for sure but I will say I thought he was very consistent with it for both teams (like you pointed out)

he sure had a small strike zone for sure but I will say I thought he was very consistent with it for both teams (like you pointed out)

not much better tonight. I thought it was just the cold weather LOL

anyway results aren't that bad :wacko:

It should be an exciting series!!

I did however see a stat today on Sportscenter that showed that this is the 3rd time in history that the NLCS is a rematch of the year before. The first 2 times, the team that won the series the previous year won again.

Looks like history has repeated itself once again..

Don't really have a favorite in the soon to be world series, but I always root for the underdog. As much as I'd like to see the Phillies repeat, I say the Yankee's take them in 6 (granted they haven't clinched yet, but lets not fool ourselves here - Anaheim isn't gonna come back). I think this will be the best WS since the 2001 series when Arizona beat the Yanks..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Not really trying to rub anything in cause the Dodgers had a hell of a season, but I think it's kinda fitting that the team that needed Cliff Lee MORE than anyone else did, lost a shot at the WS to the team who went and make a play for him..

Good Luck Phillies.

Great season Dodgers!!

Not really trying to rub anything in cause the Dodgers had a hell of a season, but I think it's kinda fitting that the team that needed Cliff Lee MORE than anyone else did, lost a shot at the WS to the team who went and make a play for him..

Good Luck Phillies.

Great season Dodgers!!

I know that when the Dodgers traded for Sherril(sp?) from Balt I was a bit miffed because I thought the Phils could use his help to get to the Series..surprisingly he still sorta helped to get them there.

Edited by keggerz

Did you see the Phillies fans waving those towels around. How "terribly" original............... :wacko:

Seriously, congrats. That is one hell of a team they've got there. What impresses me the most is how there guys continue to come through in clutch situations. All the talk will be about the Yankees, but, I think the best team in baseball resides in Philadelphia again this year, and I think they will repeat. Phillies in 6.

Now, try to win something in the most important sport.............. :D

Congrats phillies fans, the better team for sure

Now, go burn a cab or something. :wacko:

thanks and I have to ask if you noticed what I did...when they asked Joe about the series and stuff he kept saying

"they were the better team this week"....what sorta crap is that? Joe is a classy guy but come on now....this week?

I have never heard another coach say that...they give props..."they were the better team" etc.

thanks and I have to ask if you noticed what I did...when they asked Joe about the series and stuff he kept saying

"they were the better team this week"....what sorta crap is that? Joe is a classy guy but come on now....this week?

I have never heard another coach say that...they give props..."they were the better team" etc.

missed it keg. sounds a little weird though.

Was a good series and the Dodgers had a great year. The Phillies just have a better team right now.

Not sure why you feel the need to rub salt , maybe losing to the Raiders does that to some people. :wacko:

Oh, and I'm doin' fine.

you just did the same thing...Phils are not getting the respect they deserve, imo and I sure hope that continues that way thru the series

you just did the same thing...Phils are not getting the respect they deserve, imo and I sure hope that continues that way thru the series

if the Dodgers won the WS last year and we beat them this time, then he might get away with saying something like that....

but recent history has shown which team is clearly "better".....and not right now....but for the season

JMO but I think you guys are too defensive. Look, at times this year the Dodgers were playing better than the Phils. At times, the Phils were playing better than the Dodgers. At times the Cards were playing better than both of them.

The Phillies have a really good team and they're playing really well right now. They've been the hottest team in the National League lately.

You posted yourself that you thought game 4 was a must win for the Phils b/c it'd be tie with 2 games left in L.A. If Broxton had'nt blown it in that game would you still feel that the Phils deserve as much respect as you feel they do now?

Again, props to the Phils, I think they're undoubtedly the best team in the National League right now. And they beat the Dodgers hands down, the Dodgers did'nt lose it, the Phils beat them. :wacko:

JMO but I think you guys are too defensive. Look, at times this year the Dodgers were playing better than the Phils. At times, the Phils were playing better than the Dodgers. At times the Cards were playing better than both of them.

The Phillies have a really good team and they're playing really well right now. They've been the hottest team in the National League lately.

You posted yourself that you thought game 4 was a must win for the Phils b/c it'd be tie with 2 games left in L.A. If Broxton had'nt blown it in that game would you still feel that the Phils deserve as much respect as you feel they do now?

Again, props to the Phils, I think they're undoubtedly the best team in the National League right now. And they beat the Dodgers hands down, the Dodgers did'nt lose it, the Phils beat them. :D

I think there is something to be said for the ebb and flow of a series and that was why I felt game 4 was so important...I do see your point but still think that the Phils are being somewhat overlooked, right now :wacko:

I'm a baseball fan (Dbacks) but as someone with no pull either way - I personally think that the Phillies are getting PLENTY of respect. Regardless of who they face in the WS (it's gonna be the Yanks) I'm starting to feel more and more confident that the Phillies will repeat.

Better starting rotation - better bullpen, and just as (if not more) deadly of a lineup.

Respect or no respect - the Phillies are definitely good, and IMO were the best in the NL regardless of records.