[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IE 8 wants to install add-on

T_bone65

Every page I visit on the huddle I keep getting prompted that:

This website wants to run the following add-on: "microsoft office XP Web Components' from Microsoft Corporation'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here....

I know some members that have clicked on this and it has killed their computers, is this something new? It just started happenening after the outage yesterday.

TIA for any help

I am thinking now might be a fair time to ask what exactly happened to the forums yesterday. If this was an attack on the forums that is now bleeding over to our personal computers then that would be something we should be aware of I would think.

I am thinking now might be a fair time to ask what exactly happened to the forums yesterday. If this was an attack on the forums that is now bleeding over to our personal computers then that would be something we should be aware of I would think.

My work computer cannot access the forums in IE or Firefox without crashing. Something unusual is happening.

I can't find any other web sites that cause a problem, but the Huddle forums crash both browsers immediately.

I keep getting a popup that says Acrobat Plug-in - "this operation is not allowed" then firefox crashes or I click OK then when i type something it inputs it backwards.

Update: I seemed to have stopped the annoying PoP Up for now. If using Firefox click on tools > add ons > then disable adobe acrobat. Band aid fix till they remove whatever is causing the problem.

Edited by goose228

Still crashing every browser on my work computer. AVG and Malwarebytes say that I'm free of viruses and spyware.

I did notice that personalbag.com was trying to load for a while before it crashed.

Can someone let us know if this is a problem the Huddle is trying to address or not?

I keep getting a popup that says Acrobat Plug-in - "this operation is not allowed" then firefox crashes or I click OK then when i type something it inputs it backwards.

Update: I seemed to have stopped the annoying PoP Up for now. If using Firefox click on tools > add ons > then disable adobe acrobat. Band aid fix till they remove whatever is causing the problem.

I just tried launching Firefox in safe mode (all extensions off), and I can access the forums here.

IE is still crashing.

I'm not having any problems (FF) since yesterday's shut down. Wait and see I guess.

ETA:

I see that personal bag loading but that's all. I don't have the acrobat plugin.

Edited by rocknrobn26

Given the current activity on the forums this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem, and it is one we here are not experiencing. It may be a leftover issue from yesterday's problems and we have our forum hosting company looking into it.

Confirmed that if I launch Firefox normally and try to load the forums, Firefox crashes.

Make the change to disable the "Adobe Acrobat" Plugin, and load the forums and it's fine.

I cannot figure out what to disable in IE to make it work. I tried disabling both Adobe Reader and the Adobe Reader Link Helper add-ons but it kept crashing.

Given the current activity on the forums this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem, and it is one we here are not experiencing. It may be a leftover issue from yesterday's problems and we have our forum hosting company looking into it.

With all due respect... The current activity on the forums? It seems that those who are most effected by these issues are those of us who are the most active on the forums. Widespread or not when you have individuals browsers, and in some cases computers crashing it is widespread enough.

Again I will ask if there is anything that the regulars around here need to know about what happened to the forums yesterday and if that is why many are experiencing problems now?

Add Whomper and Darin to the list of those with problems. Theirs seem to be the worst....Windows won't even load for them, and tehy are looking at an uninstall/re-install of their OS.

FWIW, I use IE8, and have no problems whatsoever.

Big Country was also taken off the grid.

I'm having this same exact problem with Firefox and the Acrobat Plug-In.

Internet Explorer 7 simply crashes everytime I try to access the Huddle front page. I used a backdoor link to the Forums which seem fine.

Today I had the opposite problem at work. I could pull up the front page no problem, but now the forums crash my browser IE7.

Let me tell you, I know that I am addicted to the Huddle forums, but I always secretly want to break that addiction. If this problem continues long enough it might just cure me by forcing me to go cold turkey.