[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rush is out!

STL Fan

It's a shame....this decision by Chekkets is the result of a 23 year long smear campaign of Rush Limbaugh. The overall perception of Rush by the general public has been so tainted they had to separate themselves from him.

Rush is arguabley the #1 target of all time of the Left Wing motus-operandi when it comes to people on the other side of the Political isle with whom they disagree - Personally attack, smear, defame and destroy their character, rather than debate him on the issues. And you Rush haters who eat up all the false, fake, made up "racist" quotes he has supposedly uttered - millions of you are the end result. You hate him because your told to hate him, because you want to hate him - but you know next to nothing about him. How about listening to the man yourselves instead of believing all the smears, out-of-context quotes and lies cooked up by people on TV, in the newspaper and on the internet who are paid to destroy him. Politics is a shameless, heartless, soulless cut-throat sport, Rush has been THE most powerful push back against the Democrat Party/Liberal agenda of the last 20 years - do the math.

The McNabb comment - not racist, just politically incorrect.

The "slavery had it's merits" comment - Fake, he never said it.

:wacko: Poor Rush. Just goes about, minding his own business. Diligently and humbly pointing out a simple fact, here and there. Never jumping to conclusions for shock value. Then, out of nowhere, with no provocation, comes the evil leftist smear campaign.

Oh, and FWIW, he is anything but the #1 target of this "leftist". Dude's a clown and I hope with all my might that he continues to maintain his status as one of the loudest voices of the right.

And, again. As far as I'm concerned, I couldn't care less if he wants to own a NFL franchise.

Edited by detlef

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. Calling people who listen to Rush hate mongers is an over reaction. And your Black Helicopter theories are simalirily an overreaction as well.

I personally don't care for Rush (I think he's too obnoxious most of the time) but I do believe he makes some good points. And you're overlooking the larger fact that he has MILLIONS of listeners. Ask yourself WHY he has so many listeners. Is it because they are all racist hate mongers? Or does it have to do more with the fact that they don't like the direction the current administration is moving the country in? Or the constant barrage of left leaning attacks on conservative values?

Calling millions of people who disagree with you "hate mongers" simply because they don't agree with you is disingenuous.

His point is valid, if painted with a very broad brush. There's no doubt that Rush is a smart man. Early on in his radio career, he identified a segment of America that was not being served by any talk radio shows. He developed his current shows format to precisely fill that void. The man knows his audience, he knows what they want & he supplies them accordingly. Rush does spew hate & there are millions of his listeners (though not ALL) who indeed feed off that.

Rush self promotes his talk radio show, by stating he has 20 million listeners per week.

A non biased sources has put the number at a 14.25 million people per week..."Limbaugh typically attracts about 14.25 million listeners weekly -- is based on Arbitron figures from about 30 cities and spot checks of a similar number of stations"

:wacko:

Whatever the number of his listeners, the fact of the matter is, given that there are 307,702,774 American citizens, far, far, far, far more Americans tune Rush out, than tune Rush in.

There's a reason so many American citizens choose to tune Rush out. It is because so many Americans find his show to be highly offensive.

"Remarkably, voters view Limbaugh negatively by a two-to-one ratio (53 to 26 percent),

with nearly half the country, 45 percent, viewing him very, very negatively. Among independents, the ratio rises to three-to-one. Meanwhile, Limbaugh’s rating has deteriorated among moderate Republicans since November’s election, with his unfavorability rising from 37 to 46 percent"

:D

But this is the beauty of America & Free Speech. Anyone can say just about anything without fear of legal reprisal, or incarceration.

Now the court of public opinion is a whole different ball of wax, as Mr. Limbaugh has obviously just found out. In this day & age, you will be held accountable for your words.

:D Poor Rush. Just goes about, minding his own business. Diligently and humbly pointing out a simple fact, here and there. Never jumping to conclusions for shock value. Then, out of nowhere, with no provocation, comes the evil leftist smear campaign.

Oh, and FWIW, he is anything but the #1 target of this "leftist". Dude's a clown and I hope with all my might that he continues to maintain his status as one of the loudest voices of the right.

And, again. As far as I'm concerned, I couldn't care less if he wants to own a NFL franchise.

That's because it's not your team. :wacko:

That's because it's not your team. :wacko:

:D Well, that's a fair point. If he bought my team, I guess I'd be pretty embarrassed. Mostly though it has more to do with the fact that I gave up, long ago, the notion that there was much to really like about the league besides the product itself.

Rush got EXACTLY what he wanted! More publicity!

Rush Limbaugh is only about the business of RUSH LIMBAUGH. To somehow think he is a self sacrificing crusader of virtue is laughable in the extreme.

A potential ownership group dropped him as a minority owner because he divisiness could have threatened the overall bid. Boo fricken hoo . . .

And just in time for a slow time of year for talk radio! What an AMAZING coincidence that keeps Rush on the front page? :wacko:

The "slavery had it's merits" comment - Fake, he never said it.

Actually that is flat out wrong - he did indeed say it, as has been linked to previously in this thread.

BTW, he's entitled to say it - that is his right under the First Amendment. He can say what he likes without fear of punishment but he cannot say what he likes without fear of criticism. It's my right to say that what he said is racist drivel.

There are moments like these when you have to wonder what's become of a country in which a private business group holds even millionaire businessman accountable for the things they say in public, and on federally regulated airwaves.

These liberal fascists like Checketts Group and Disney/ABC are a threat to the underpinnings of democracy as we know it. And by democracy, I mean minority stakes in NFL franchises for everyone and anyone and a job in which you're paid for commentary that might reflect negatively upon your employer.

There are moments like these when you have to wonder what's become of a country in which a private business group holds even millionaire businessman accountable for the things they say in public, and on federally regulated airwaves.

These liberal fascists like Checketts Group and Disney/ABC are a threat to the underpinnings of democracy as we know it. And by democracy, I mean minority stakes in NFL franchises for everyone and anyone and a job in which you're paid for commentary that might reflect negatively upon your employer.

:wacko::D:D

affirm. action rocks!!! quotas!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Actually that is flat out wrong - he did indeed say it, as has been linked to previously in this thread.

BTW, he's entitled to say it - that is his right under the First Amendment. He can say what he likes without fear of punishment but he cannot say what he likes without fear of criticism. It's my right to say that what he said is racist drivel.

Actually, there are serious questions about the accuracy of this quote. It is from a book published in 2006, which does not cite a source for the quote. Rush earlier this week initially said he did not recall saying it, then he waited to see if anyone could produce the evidence that he had said it. When no one came forward he denied ever saying it. Most who have repeated that quote recemtly have apologized for using it without being able to verify it.

Even if you give him that one and ignore that quote there is still a large body of undeniable evidence that shows his true colors. It will be interesting to see what happens if and when someone catches up with the guy that wrote that book and pressures him to defend the quote.

Actually, there are serious questions about the accuracy of this quote. It is from a book published in 2006, which does not cite a source for the quote. Rush earlier this week initially said he did not recall saying it, .

Tough to remember things when you were all hopped up on drugs . . . . :wacko:

His point is valid, if painted with a very broad brush. There's no doubt that Rush is a smart man. Early on in his radio career, he identified a segment of America that was not being served by any talk radio shows. He developed his current shows format to precisely fill that void. The man knows his audience, he knows what they want & he supplies them accordingly. Rush does spew hate & there are millions of his listeners (though not ALL) who indeed feed off that.

Rush self promotes his talk radio show, by stating he has 20 million listeners per week.

A non biased sources has put the number at a 14.25 million people per week..."Limbaugh typically attracts about 14.25 million listeners weekly -- is based on Arbitron figures from about 30 cities and spot checks of a similar number of stations"

:wacko:

Whatever the number of his listeners, the fact of the matter is, given that there are 307,702,774 American citizens, far, far, far, far more Americans tune Rush out, than tune Rush in.

There's a reason so many American citizens choose to tune Rush out. It is because so many Americans find his show to be highly offensive.

"Remarkably, voters view Limbaugh negatively by a two-to-one ratio (53 to 26 percent),

with nearly half the country, 45 percent, viewing him very, very negatively. Among independents, the ratio rises to three-to-one. Meanwhile, Limbaugh’s rating has deteriorated among moderate Republicans since November’s election, with his unfavorability rising from 37 to 46 percent"

:D

But this is the beauty of America & Free Speech. Anyone can say just about anything without fear of legal reprisal, or incarceration.

Now the court of public opinion is a whole different ball of wax, as Mr. Limbaugh has obviously just found out. In this day & age, you will be held accountable for your words.

You definately make a valid post. And I agree that there are consequences to your speech, but I disagree when people generalize listeners of Rush as hate mongers and racists. The fact that I may catch Rush on the radio (I can only tolerate him in small doses every now and then) and he may say something that someone else equates as racist does NOT make me racist.

I would also like to point out (bolded above) that apparently Americans tune out not just Rush, but EVERY other talking head as well if we are going to use that standard. So to me that is not very convincing. Rush, then, has LESS people tuning him out than the other talking heads.

Actually, there are serious questions about the accuracy of this quote. It is from a book published in 2006, which does not cite a source for the quote. Rush earlier this week initially said he did not recall saying it, then he waited to see if anyone could produce the evidence that he had said it. When no one came forward he denied ever saying it. Most who have repeated that quote recemtly have apologized for using it without being able to verify it.

This is where one of right wing talk radios favorite political tactics, can be turned back upon itself.

Mr. Limbaugh needs to prove that he did not say what he says he did not say. Just saying he didn't say it, does not prove that he didn't say it.

Even if you give him that one and ignore that quote there is still a large body of undeniable evidence that shows his true colors. It will be interesting to see what happens if and when someone catches up with the guy that wrote that book and pressures him to defend the quote.

True. The quote does not appear to be true. Heck even his "if I said that in 1998 it wouldn't have sat around for 11 years" excuse appears logical on the face. Dig around and the book does not cite the quote, wiki cited the book and a bunch of sloppy journalists cited wiki without checking further.

Crap like that is what gives pro-Rush people something to hide behind, when in fact they don't understand that a vast amount of people do not like him because he deals in dishonest divisiveness 5 days a week.

Heck, I bet one of those other potential owners deals in something most liberals wouldn't agree with but because it's on the down low no one's going to care.

This is where one of right wing talk radios favorite political tactics, can be turned back upon itself.

Mr. Limbaugh needs to prove that he did not say what he says he did not say. Just saying he didn't say it, does not prove that he didn't say it.

Puhlease! Are you saying that it's ONLY a tactic used by the right? C'mon, BS, that's a bunch of BS.

I disagree to an extent here. It is definitely reasonable to go to the author who originally wrote that quote and ask him where it came from.

I disagree to an extent here. It is definitely reasonable to go to the author who originally wrote that quote and ask him where it came from.

Rush to Obama: Obama, were you born in Hawaii?

Obama to Rush: Why yes Rush, I was.

Rush to Obama: Just because you say so, doesn't make it so. Prove it.

Just one example of this favorite tactic as used by the right.

Puhlease! Are you saying that it's ONLY a tactic used by the right? C'mon, BS, that's a bunch of BS.

Well if that is what I said, you'd be right. Except I didn't say that, did I?

I said it is one of right wing talk radios favorite political tactics.

Do others use it? Sure.

Does that make what I said, any less true? No...it doesn't.

Right wing talk radio LOVES to use that particular political tactic. It IS one of their favorites

Well if that is what I said, you'd be right. Except I didn't say that, did I?

I said it is one of right wing talk radios favorite political tactics.

Do others use it? Sure.

Does that make what I said, any less true? No...it doesn't.

Right wing talk radio LOVES to use that particular political tactic. It IS one of their favorites

Okay, so you clarified that it's used by the right and left and everyone else in between. So Rush is no more culpable than say, you or me. So you've managed to prove that everyone twists things around to prove their point.

Right wing talk radio LOVES it no more or less than left wing talk radio (is there such a thing?) or anybody else. I'm not sure how you could ever prove that but just throw it out there like its gospel.

I don't disagree that it's used or even most of what you say, but I do disagree with your characterization that somehow it's used (and LOVED) exclusively by right wing talk radio only.

Edited by tosberg34

Okay, so you clarified that it's used by the right and left and everyone else in between.
There was really nothing to clarify. Nothing more was said, than what was said. You're the one who read more into it than what was there & then jumped to your own conclusions.

That was all on you buddy.

So Rush is no more culpable than say, you or me. So you've managed to prove that everyone twists things around to prove their point.
You can certainly speak for yourself here, but no, Rush is far, far, far different from me. I much prefer fact to insinuation & out of context partial quotes.

Right wing talk radio LOVES it no more or less than left wing talk radio (is there such a thing?) or anybody else. I'm not sure how you could ever prove that but just throw it out there like its gospel.
For proof of right wing talk radios love affair with that particular political tactic, one only needs listen to the Sean Hannity, Michael Savage or Rush Limbaugh shows.

I don't disagree that it's used or even most of what you say, but I do disagree with your characterization that somehow it's used (and LOVED) exclusively by right wing talk radio only.
Well if I had characterized that it was used exclusively by right wing talk radio, you'd have a point here.

But since I didn't, you're back to tilting at windmills again.

Rush to Obama: Obama, were you born in Hawaii?

Obama to Rush: Why yes Rush, I was.

Rush to Obama: Just because you say so, doesn't make it so. Prove it.

Just one example of this favorite tactic as used by the right.

Except that it is actually possible for Obama to prove he was born in Hawaii, and he did. How does anyone prove that they did NOT say something? It's impossible . That's my point. He can't come up with a document that says "Rush didn't say this."

Edited by STL Fan

Except that it is actually possible for Obama to prove he was born in Hawaii, and he did. How does anyone prove that they did NOT say something? It's impossible . That's my point. He can't come up with a document that says "Rush didn't say this."

All they have to do is listen to tape. It's not that difficult and his minions can do this easily.