[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rush is out!

STL Fan

All they have to do is listen to tape. It's not that difficult and his minions can do this easily.

Believe me, before he denied this publicly his minions scoured the tapes. He would have been nuts to deny this publicly if he said it on the air, and for all his faults, he ain't nuts. If he said this, it had to be at some live appearance or in a private interview or conversation. The odds he said it on his show are at this point next to nil.

FWIW, the author was tracked down by the media and says he stands by the quote and has it verified, but refused to divulge his source for the quote. As a former reporter myself that sounds pretty fishy. Well see.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that it is actually possible for Obama to prove he was born in Hawaii, and he did.
Actually, according to some on the right, he hasn't proved anything. They're claiming the document is a fake & Rush & other Birthers are STILL clamoring for Obama to prove he was born in Hawaii.

How does anyone prove that they did NOT say something? It's impossible . That's my point.
Ding...Ding...Ding...We have a winner!

And that's EXACTLY why your point is such a favorite political tactic with the talking heads on right wing radio.

Actually, according to some on the right, he hasn't proved anything. They're claiming the document is a fake & Rush & other Birthers are STILL clamoring for Obama to prove he was born in Hawaii.

Ding...Ding...Ding...We have a winner!

And that's EXACTLY why your point is such a favorite political tactic with the talking heads on right wing radio.

Do I understand this correctly? Someone accuses you of something and it's TRUE until YOU can't disprove it? And the source won't reveal his proof? Whatever. I guess you'll believe whatever you want to believe (applied to both right and left thinkers).

I'm outta' this thread as I hate talking politics anyways - ruins FF for me. Later!

Do I understand this correctly? Someone accuses you of something and it's TRUE until YOU can't disprove it? And the source won't reveal his proof? Whatever. I guess you'll believe whatever you want to believe (applied to both right and left thinkers).

I'm outta' this thread as I hate talking politics anyways - ruins FF for me. Later!

From this, I'm fairly certain you're probably trying to respond to the last paragraph in post # 76...

"FWIW, the author was tracked down by the media and says he stands by the quote and has it verified, but refused to divulge his source for the quote. As a former reporter myself that sounds pretty fishy. Well see."

...but quoted my post by mistake.

If not & you were specifically responding to my post...then NO...you do not understand correctly.

Do I understand this correctly? Someone accuses you of something and it's TRUE until YOU can't disprove it?

I think there's one too many negative in the last sentence. However many times I read it, it still doesn't quite make sense.

This discussion is pretty fascinating. The bottom line is Rush deseves to bid to be an owner of a NFL team and the NFL and Rams organization have the right to decide who they want and don't want to be their owners. Rush is a smart guy who has instigated and fired up his growing fan base into a furor. He is one of the biggest reasons why America is so polarized and is clearly proud of his actions. Anyone who blatantly disrespects a President and hopes that he fails is simply unamerican in my eyes regardless of your political philosophy. And seriously what is this dudes hang up with Obama. I bet he would disagree with the color socks he chooses to put on in the morning too. I find it rather hilarious that Rush and his Fox News "Fair and Balanced"......reporting from the right are so offended and dispise a president after only being in office for what 9 months? The Obama administrations policies haven't even been going long enough to be critical of them much less decide if they are effective or not. Where were all these loud mouth lunatics when the Bush Administration was driving this country into the ground for eight years?

I'm glad he got rejected and hope one day he realizes his views aren't mainstream just venomous partisan rubbish against Democrats and minority groups that are flat out offensive and wrong. That's why you got dropped Rush, not some NFL Union and Obama conspiracy against you. But then again, you're fans think you're a god send and believe everything you say. I'm sure they will believe you on this one too.

For those too close minded to understand why Rush would be denied the right to bid for an ownership stake in the NFL, let's reverse things a bit. Suppose Farrakhan wanted to put in a bid to buy the Rams. What do you think the proper reaction would be? Exactly, he'd be turned away in a heartbeat and rightfully so.

For those too close minded to understand why Rush would be denied the right to bid for an ownership stake in the NFL, let's reverse things a bit. Suppose Farrakhan wanted to put in a bid to buy the Rams. What do you think the proper reaction would be? Exactly, he'd be turned away in a heartbeat and rightfully so.
While this logic is indisputable, I'd say the chances of Rush apologists trying to find a way to dispute it to be at 99.9%.

The Dittohead force is strong with Rush.

Many things to say:

Rush has the resources to sue all those that have slandered him, and I believe that he will. That is the good that will come out of this.

Those that have claimed that there is a book that proved Rush said what he is accused of are nuts - that book is without sources. Do not reply to this post on this issue unless you have a source. Considering it's Limbaugh - you should have a tape. And since he is accused of saying these things during the Clinton administration - if you actually believe they were said and James Carville did not jump all over it at the time - you are completely deluded.

Every American citizen should care that capitalism is being destroyed in the USA. Whether Limbaugh gets to buy a part of NFL team is not really the issue. Try to imagine a situation where you might be shut out of buying something you want. We are living in very dangerous and most likely unconstitutional times.

And regarding the document posted online that supposedly proves Obama was born in Hawaii that some of you have mentioned: Please do some research and read some Hawaiian law, even Hawaii does not consider that as proof you were born there. However, even though I do not think so, I'll stipulate he was born there. That would still not make him a natural born citizen, as The Constitution requires only for President.

When did everything become so contentious?

Edited by Lady.hawke

Many things to say:

Rush has the resources to sue all those that have slandered him, and I believe that he will. That is the good that will come out of this.

Those that have claimed that there is a book that proved Rush said what he is accused of are nuts - that book is without sources. Do not reply to this post on this issue unless you have a source. Considering it's Limbaugh - you should have a tape. And since he is accused of saying these things during the Clinton administration - if you actually believe they were said and James Carville did not jump all over it at the time - you are completely deluded.

Every American citizen should care that capitalism is being destroyed in the USA. Whether Limbaugh gets to buy a part of NFL team is not really the issue. Try to imagine a situation where you might be shut out of buying something you want. We are living in very dangerous and most likely unconstitutional times.

And regarding the document posted online that supposedly proves Obama was born in Hawaii that some of you have mentioned: Please do some research and read some Hawaiian law, even Hawaii does not consider that as proof you were born there. However, even though I do not think so, I'll stipulate he was born there. That would still not make him a natural born citizen, as The Constitution requires only for President.

Have to agree here! I think you just answered your own question. :wacko:

Rush got EXACTLY what he wanted! More publicity!

Rush Limbaugh is only about the business of RUSH LIMBAUGH. To somehow think he is a self sacrificing crusader of virtue is laughable in the extreme.

A potential ownership group dropped him as a minority owner because he divisiness could have threatened the overall bid. Boo fricken hoo . . .

And just in time for a slow time of year for talk radio! What an AMAZING coincidence that keeps Rush on the front page? :wacko:

Actually, they approached him. Then it got hot and he said he wouldn't quit. Fire me if you will, but I'm still in.

Get the facts straight or shut up.

Many things to say:

Jimmy Carter

:wacko::D:D

This is the funniest thread of the year so far. I love how their is a significant portion of the population that still questions Obama's birth certificate, given clear and unforgeable evidence and yet they refute. See this is what just cracks me up about conservatives and their blame game in yet another instance. Clearly blocked by owners with values from north of the Mason-Dixon, but yet he blames the Union and Obama. WOW.

This is what he said about McNabb:

"I don't think he's been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there's a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

If you don't see a problem with what he said and his comments afterwords about how it's the NFL circling the wagons then take a look at yourself cause he dug his own grave with the NFL on this one.

Well whaddaya know.......

Birthers play Fantasy Football. Who woulda thunk it?

I can't say it any better than Ursa Majoris..........
Mirror, mirror, on the wall.........

:wacko::D:D

Actually, they approached him. Then it got hot and he said he wouldn't quit. Fire me if you will, but I'm still in.

He wouldnt bow out after it would threaten the bid, "forced" the group to get rid of him, and in general got a ton of publicity as a result.

How is anything I said "not getting facts straight"? :wacko::D:D

He wouldnt bow out after it would threaten the bid, "forced" the group to get rid of him, and in general got a ton of publicity as a result.

How is anything I said "not getting facts straight"? :wacko::D:D

The part of your post that Turf Smurf is seemingly questioning....

A potential ownership group dropped him as a minority owner because he divisiness could have threatened the overall bid. Boo fricken hoo . . .

....and to what Turf Smurf then said about....

...for the life of me, I can't see where you've got your facts wrong...You guys are both saying the same thing, right?. Rush got fired.

As far as Rush getting a TON of free publicity from this...nobody in their right mind can argue against that.

The only thing I can think of, is that Turf Smurf is a Rush Dittohead & didn't like how you worded Rush getting the boot. :D

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that former all-pro running back Marshall Faulk could be the next suitor to replace Rush Limbuagh in the Dave Checketts group. Limbaugh was dropped from the St. Louis Rams purchase bid just yesterday. This is great news as NPD and the entire football community would love to have Faulk as an owner in the NFL.

Marshall Faulk eh?

Far better choice as a partial owner of the Rams than Rush ever was. :wacko:

Many things to say:

Thanks for joining us Mr. Beck. Here's a tissue.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that former all-pro running back Marshall Faulk could be the next suitor to replace Rush Limbuagh in the Dave Checketts group. Limbaugh was dropped from the St. Louis Rams purchase bid just yesterday. This is great news as NPD and the entire football community would love to have Faulk as an owner in the NFL.

Marshall Faulk eh?

Far better choice as a partial owner of the Rams than Rush ever was.

If Faulk replaced Rush in the Checketts group, Rush would quickly call this reverse racism or social injustice. Then he would blame Obama again for everything. :wacko:

This is clearly a thread where reason goes to die but it's a comment that belongs amidst this kerfuffle...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-sto...ce-baiter/full/

[snip]...I share a powerful distaste for characters like Al Sharpton, who deliberately play on the racial anxieties of Americans. [snip]

[cites 8 actual examples, in 2009, of Limbaugh engaging in racial demagoguery]

It is also understandable that a professional sports league wouldn't want to associate itself with someone who so frequently plays the race card. That doesn't mean Mr. Limbaugh is a racist. I take him at his word that he isn't. He is merely a racial provocateur whose ire at being called a racist doesn't prevent him from affixing the label to others with stunning frequency.

I would also add a private business group attempting to engage in a publicized venture such as purchasing a professional sports team who maybe, just maybe, wouldn't want to associate itself with someone such as Limbaugh.