[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PlayStation 3

Scooby's Hubby

I bought a PlayStation 3 b/c they were on sale and I wanted a Blue Ray player. Of course, I had to buy a few games and am hooked on the Call of Duty 2. Now I am noticing that if I play for more than 45 minutes straight I get sick. Does this happen to anyone else?

Can anyone suggest some cool games for me and my peeps? I have Call of Duty 2, NCAA Football 09, and Trivial Pursuit (wife loves it).

I have a 4 year old, too, and he wants to play. I like about everything, wife loves the classics.

Please advise.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Madden 10, Metal gear Solid 4, Warhawk, inFamous, NHL 10...umm...Ratchet and Clank maybe for the kid, even though I think it may be too hard for him....

there's some nice download games too....the Bowling game is kind of like the Wii Bowling....you move the controller to bowl....

oh and Deadspace, it's $20 or less at Gamestop right now and it's a great horror game - there are very few of these out there...and also being good...

hope this helps..

Should probably try Uncharted Drakes Fortune (the first one) before you play Uncharted 2. Great game though. It plays out almost like a movie so your kid, wife, dog will enjoy watching you play. You also have Call of Duty World at War (not as good as 2, but still very good) and then the newest Call of Duty will be out in a month. I haven't really played inFamous yet, but I played the demo at a store one time and I'll definitely run through that once I get caught up on my backlog.

COD 4 is one of the best games ever made IMO - much better in every way than COD2.

And yes, it pisses me off but for some reason I am getting naseous/sick more often than I would like when I am playing

I think I'm just screwed up on my numbers. I was talking about COD modern warfare (the first modern warfare, but I don't know what exact # it is). Anyway, I can't help with the nauseous thing. Are you guys playing on a plasma? Plasma can affect some people but I've never had a problem. I've been mainly playing on a 120" lcd projector screen and don't get dizzy (except for Mirror's Edge almost made me lose it on just the demo).

I think I'm just screwed up on my numbers. I was talking about COD modern warfare (the first modern warfare, but I don't know what exact # it is). Anyway, I can't help with the nauseous thing. Are you guys playing on a plasma? Plasma can affect some people but I've never had a problem. I've been mainly playing on a 120" lcd projector screen and don't get dizzy (except for Mirror's Edge almost made me lose it on just the demo).

Call of Duty

Call of Duty - United Offensive

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 3 (console only)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty 5: World at War

Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2

IMO the best yet is COD 2. COD 4 is a close 2nd, but some of the weapons are a bit imbalanced on the pc & to "mod" them makes your server un-ranked & therefore limits the number of players who will play it with the way a player gains rank/equipment in the game. I will say this, the clan I play in has a server for COD 2, 4 & 5 and while we lost a few members to COD 5 when it was new, now COD 4 is pretty much all that gets played anymore & the server is full with both clan & "publics" nearly every night. I've never actually played W@W, but I've heard enough to know it doesn't hold a candle. I will get COD 6 when it comes out though as COD4 is getting a bit overplayed.

BTW, anybody ever want to go toe-to-toe on COD 4 for pc shoot me a PM. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

I got motion sickness on one of the COD's for the Xbox 360, can't remember which one but I had to limit the playing time.

I would imagine you're playing this on a big ass TV that's almost lifelike...those were the conditions for me. :wacko:

Edited by twiley

I would imagine you're playing this on a big ass TV that's almost lifelike...those were the conditions for me. :wacko:

life size is the way to go. That way I can sit back on the couch at 13ft and not have to squint all over the place to see pick off those little commie bastards.

I've actually been playing my PS3 more lately (PC crashed and I haven't reloaded my games). The wife has to take a safety class because she got a speeding ticket so the last few nights I've been finishing the solo player on COD World at War. Pretty good time. Makes me excited for the new Modern Warfare 2 that is coming out. I'm debating on getting it on PC vs PS3. I know the PC version is better and it feels so much better to aim with the mouse but I have the PS3 hooked up to the big screen and some of my friends play on PS3. I'll drop you a pm Rajn if I end up getting it on PC.

life size is the way to go. That way I can sit back on the couch at 13ft and not have to squint all over the place to see pick off those little commie bastards.

I've actually been playing my PS3 more lately (PC crashed and I haven't reloaded my games). The wife has to take a safety class because she got a speeding ticket so the last few nights I've been finishing the solo player on COD World at War. Pretty good time. Makes me excited for the new Modern Warfare 2 that is coming out. I'm debating on getting it on PC vs PS3. I know the PC version is better and it feels so much better to aim with the mouse but I have the PS3 hooked up to the big screen and some of my friends play on PS3. I'll drop you a pm Rajn if I end up getting it on PC.

So hook your PC up to the TV. :wacko:

is a fun trivia type game that is always a lot of fun to play with family and friends. How can you not have Madden 10??? :wacko: I play mostly sports games, and the one I am hooked on right now is FIFA 10. Probably not that fun unless you are into soccer though. My other favorite (IIRC, you are UFC fans) is

Takes a little while to get the controls down, but once you do its a blast.

Brutal Legend is a fun game, very cool if someone is into Rock, great soundtrack. The game has lots of different elements (driving, RPG and brawler) and it pretty funny too. I actually beat the game just to find out how the story ended, that is pretty rare for me. I usually play guitar games, football games and racing games, which I find have a higher replay value and therefore personally are better bargains for me. I hate paying $60 for a game I play for a few hours and get bored of.

I have Uncharted 2, but haven't opened it yet. It looks cool, but Brutal was too fun to put away.

-DD21

Elder Scrolls-Oblivion - one of the best RPG's I've played

+1 on Oblivion, that game is absolutely amazing...the graphics, the game play, the re-playability...it's just phenomenal

I love COD4 as well I played it addictively until football season; I'm eagerly awaiting the release of MW2 in a few weeks

WD

+1 on Oblivion, that game is absolutely amazing...the graphics, the game play, the re-playability...it's just phenomenal

I love COD4 as well I played it addictively until football season; I'm eagerly awaiting the release of MW2 in a few weeks

WD

Oblivion was a bit too much fantasy land for me. It seemed well done but all the names and items just kind of meshed together after while. I found Fallout 3 to be much better (made by the same people). If you like Oblivion and haven't tried out Fallout 3 I'd highly recommend it.

WD

the problem with oblivion is most of the game consists of....tree's...

you walk...and walk....and see tree's...and more tree's.....

and more tree's...

but I'm also not a fan of this sort of game to begin with...

the problem with oblivion is most of the game consists of....tree's...

you walk...and walk....and see tree's...and more tree's.....

and more tree's...

but I'm also not a fan of this sort of game to begin with...

get a horse

+1 on Fallout 3, I like it equally with Oblivion