Sign in to follow this  
keggerz

MLB.com Premature Headline

I was trying to find a link with video of the Rollins hit from last nite and stumbled upon this

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2009/1...ostulation.html

evidently, MLB.com published a page BEFORE the end of the ninth inning with the following title and teaser text:

Manny's Grab, Clutch hits helps Dodgers tie NLCS

Matt Kemp hit a go-ahead homer, Casey Blake's first NLCS RBI stood as the decisive run and

Manny Ramirez made a game-saving catch to give L.A. a series tying 4-3 win over Philly. more>

also is it me or does the TBS crew in the box during the game sound very Pro LA?

it was a photoshop job, btu still pretty funny. Been up on facebook all day, and the author of it apparently fessed up.

I do agree with you they sound pro-LA, but it seems every national announcer hasn't had much faith in the Phils. Loved the line from Downey last night:

"If the Dodgers can get 5 more outs, the game is over once it gets to Broxton".

Nice jinx!

it was a photoshop job, btu still pretty funny. Been up on facebook all day, and the author of it apparently fessed up.

I do agree with you they sound pro-LA, but it seems every national announcer hasn't had much faith in the Phils. Loved the line from Downey last night:

Nice jinx!

:wacko:

Nice jinx!

Neither here nor there - but as a baseball fan I seriously believe in jinx's and superstition.

Last season I was listening to the Diamonbacks game on the radio. It was the 7th inning and I knew Brandon Webb had a perfect game going. But, thanks to Greg Shulte (radio announcer), it went something like this..

"Well, here we are in the top of the 7th. Webb gets his sign. STRIIIKE three over the outside corner for his 8th strikeout of the game. Well, it looks here as if Brandon Webb has a no hitter going. The next batter steps in. Yep, just looked at the stat line and he hasn't given up a hit. Actually, he's got a perfect game going. Webb gets his sign and delivers. BASE HIT, LEFT FIELD! So much for the perfecto and the no hitter".

I was like SHULTE, you f'ng idiot!!!!

Edited by Shorttynaz