[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Song of Ice and Fire HBO pilot set to start filming this weekend

giggity

Yup, that woman is way too attractive to play Brienne

Tyrion was supposed to be ugly too.

Curious what they will do to him once he gets his nose hacked later.

Getting books 4 and 5 for Christmas. Can't wait to dive into them.

Season 1 is coming to DVD in March. Will Netflix for sure.

• 3 months later...

I finished reading the first book over the last couple weeks while on vacation. Just started the 2nd one, but watched last night's episode. Debating just recording but not watching while I try and read the 2nd book, but time is scarce right now so I am lucky to get a chapter a day in. Not sure I want to fall behind on the show as ido enjoy it.

First 2 episodes were pretty good. A little too much of a season set up and not a great deal of action yet. I hope the pace picks up a little next week..Im enjoying it but need a shot of action.

• 4 weeks later...

Last weeks episode was great. I think the show started off slow this year but as things start to unfold the action is heating up. So many plots its amazing to keep up with all of it. I am going to spell every name below wrong but you will know who I am talking about

Stanis-

Demon baby seems like a serious weaopon as shown last week but could turn into a

serious threat as well

Kalisi-

Hot as hell. her dragons could barely light a cigarette at this point but they

could make her a legit threat down the line. Her advisor is in love with her , I

wonder is matching up with the big black guy would have been a better move for

her

The Starks- They may need a supernatural aspect to compete these days. I wonder if Bran has powers

Geoffrey- I want him dead so bad

The sister who is the kings cup holder-

I love that kid. I wonder if she asks that man that owes her 2 more deaths to kill the king

Greyjoy family - Meh

Tyrian- Great actor and terrific character

Last weeks episode was great. I think the show started off slow this year but as things start to unfold the action is heating up. So many plots its amazing to keep up with all of it. I am going to spell every name below wrong but you will know who I am talking about

Stanis-

Demon baby seems like a serious weaopon as shown last week but could turn into a

serious threat as well

Kalisi-

Hot as hell. her dragons could barely light a cigarette at this point but they

could make her a legit threat down the line. Her advisor is in love with her , I

wonder is matching up with the big black guy would have been a better move for

her

The Starks- They may need a supernatural aspect to compete these days. I wonder if Bran has powers

Geoffrey- I want him dead so bad

The sister who is the kings cup holder-

I love that kid. I wonder if she asks that man that owes her 2 more deaths to kill the king

Greyjoy family - Meh

Tyrian- Great actor and terrific character

Stanis -

I was hoping Ser Davos would slay that bitch while she was doing her... thing. I actually like Stannis a bit if he was standing on his own and I do think he has the rightful claim. I couldn't stand Renly, the guy was a puppet with no backbone, but his wife :brow:

Daenerys - I like her character a lot and I think Ser Jorah is right that she is a true leader.

I do think he really loves her, but I don't know how much of it is lustful & how much is reverence. The way he talked to her in the last episode leads me to believe that it's quite a bit of both and he can really forsee her true potential. I disagree about joining forces with the Qarth dude. I think she stands better on her own. Joining with him in marriage would make her appear weak and would be the quick & easy way. Once her dragons are full grown, she won't need his money.

Starks -

I really fear for the Starks. Rob's decision to side with Renly and to allow Theon Greyjoy to go back to his father could be grave mistakes. I know Bran has some type of clairvoyant power, I only hope he realizes it before it's too late. Arya, also one of my favorites, I think it's only a matter of time before she's found out. All it takes is one person from court to see her & she's done. I don't trust the assassin either. Kinda pissed they killed off the Man of the Nights Watch that was protecting her.

Greyjoy's -

I thought Theon was a prick from the moment I saw him, but they did a good job of making him a bit likable. I'm hoping in the end he does the right thing, but I'm betting he's more interested in showing up his sister & proving his worth to his father.

Baelish -

I hope Kat is smart enough to see through his lies. He can't get his soon enough

Lanisters -

I actually like Jaimie for whatever reason. Probably because he seems regretful for the life he's made, but sees no way out. Tywin, bastard that he is, is also one of my favorite characters. But his ambition for his family will ultimately be his downfall. Tyrion is just plain awesome. And Bronn plays off of him extremely well also. You can see in Sersei that things aren't going anything like she planned & she sees everything crumbling around her. Joffery, I'm with you Whomp, he can't die a slow & painful death soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...

:sad: Say it isnt so

I haven't read the books, and I would rather not know in advance if this theory is correct.

My wife and I watched tonight and believe that Theon's second in command (the tall guy) told him to find two kids in the town, burn them and pretend they're the Stark boys, rather than admitting they couldn't find the boys. So the orphans that were mentioned earlier were the two who were burned and hanged. They took the old maester away so he couldn't see who the boys really were. Otherwise, they probably would've shown Hodor and the wildling woman also burned and hanged. (Of course, after Ned was killed, I was one coming up with reasons why he really wasn't, so maybe the Stark boys were killed after all.)

Best show on TV! If I saw Joffrey in person I think I'd spit on him.

so true which just goes to show how good that actor is :lol: I want him dead so bad