Sign in to follow this  
whomper

Yankees/Phillies

Being a Yankees fan is easy. Try being a fan of the Royals.

That will test your mettle.

:wacko:

but loyalty is commendable

Being a Yankees fan is easy. Try being a fan of the Royals.

That will test your mettle.

How about the Pirates?

How about the Pirates?

:wacko: CD is a Royals fan and predicts a WS for them every year. (and you are a D-Backs fan)

:wacko: Very true but I'll take it any way that it comes as I'm sure most fans would. Can't fault the men with the deep pockets for spending their dough to win titles. I'm sure many other fans wish their teams could do the same.

Come on.... the thing that bothers the fans so much is the unlevel playing field that MLB allows. Honestly what surprises me the most is how irrelevant the Yankee's have been the last 6-7 years.

Edited by theprofessor

I think this is the perfect time to show the world what phillies fans already know- This team will not give up and I expect the big bats (Howard,Utley,Ibanez) to come up big tonight vs the righty...Its time to show everyone why we got the nickname "Fighting Phils" - It aint over!

Phils in 7 :wacko:

- It aint over!

Phils in 7 :wacko:

:D

I do have to give the Phillies credit though, they won't back down and will do battle but even though there's only a sliver of hope remaining, this series is O-V-E-R.

:wacko:

I do have to give the Phillies credit though, they won't back down and will do battle but even though there's only a sliver of hope remaining, this series is O-V-E-R.

So, you are a Yankees fan and a Cowboys fan ? :D Pefect.

So there used to be a salary cap in place "back in the day" then?

No dumb ass they didn't have free agency the only way to acquire players were to trade for them or bring them up thru the organization via scouting.

Since my Saint homerism is stronger than my Yankee homerism I will not see any of the game tonite except for a few minutes during halftime. and if ARod was having the kind of series that Howard is having, he would bu getting crucified.

Edited by SLAYER

No Posada or Melky.......Swishers batting 5th....

Posada never catches Burnett and Melky has a bobo.

And Arod with a RBI double in the 1st

Edited by T_bone65

So, you are a Yankees fan and a Cowboys fan ? :D Pefect.

Isn't it? The 1st place team in the NFC East and the soon to be World Series Champs!! :wacko:

what a series for chase

No kidding!! The guy is a freakin' baller!

Isn't it? The 1st place team in the NFC East and the soon to be World Series Champs!! :wacko:

I'm guessing you're a Lakers fan too?....and then a Canadians fan if you like Hockey...

I'm guessing you're a Lakers fan too?....and then a Canadians fan if you like Hockey...

:wacko:nope

wow :D verbatim

What can I say, I'm a winner! :wacko:

What can I say, I'm a winner! :wacko:

A guy from New Jersey who is a Yankees & Cowboys fan........it is a common tale of bandwagon jumping and there are a lot of you, but, "winner" is the exact opposite of what I and most others would refer to you as.

So, you're not a Lakers fan, Celtics or Bulls ?

Colllege Football: Notre Dame ?

College Basketball: Duke or North Carolina ?

A guy from New Jersey who is a Yankees & Cowboys fan........it is a common tale of bandwagon jumping and there are a lot of you, but, "winner" is the exact opposite of what I and most others would refer to you as.

So, you're not a Lakers fan, Celtics or Bulls ?

Colllege Football: Notre Dame ?

College Basketball: Duke or North Carolina ?

My response was just an attempt to get you going. Goal achieved. Thanks any way though for your input. :wacko:

Just so you know, not that I care how you view me, I'm a fan of all the teams I am because on my Grandmother, who I used to watch games with. Maybe she was a bandwagon fan and now I am by default and that's just fine with me. For the record, I root for the Celtics' and Notre Dame but am not a big hoops, college football or hockey fan.

Super, let's make another thread all about Irish. :wacko:

Exactly what I was thinking!! Let's get this thread back to the Yankees/Phillies series.

Exactly what I was thinking!! Let's get this thread back to the Yankees/Phillies series.

everything is all about you...why stop here....?