[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU/Alabama

SLAYER

So you think the number of points a team wins by = "spanking"?

By way of example

Texas 10 - Florida 7 is not a spanking

Texas 34 - Florida 10 is a spanking

Florida beat Oklahoma last year in the BCS game 24-14. However, was not a spanking. I have a hard time envisioning where a 10 pt victory is a spanking.

When Florida beat Ohio State in 2006, that was a spanking.

I'm not attempting to enter into a battle/conflict with you. However, as most know, I am a Florida alumnus. Therefore, when someone asserts that Florida is going to be "spanked," I am curious as to what he means by "spanking." The grilling analogy did not help me understand so I am asking for further clarification. Perhaps you did not expect to be asked what you meant and you are not quite sure how you view "spanking" either. I'm okay with that. Perhaps you simply don't want to answer--I'm okay with that. There are many possibilities as to why you may not be able to adequately explain to me (and others on the board who also seem similarly confused) what "spanking" means. But if you can, I would appreciate it.

As this is a football message board, could you define 'spank' in terms of how many points you project Texas winning by, or are you demonstrating false bravado?

TEXAS/UF:

TX - 34

UF - 24

TEXAS/BAMA

TX - 27

Bama - 10

That's how I see it.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Do you thing beating a team like UF by three could not be a spanking? I think It could, now if TX beat Baylor by three, might not be a spanking.

So if I am to understand correctly, so long as Texas wins, they have spanked Florida. I now understand. Texas could very well beat Florida. In my terms, a "spanking" is a rout. Therefore, I assert that neither Florida nor Texas will "spank" the other. If Alabama plays Texas, I also do not feel that either of these teams will "spank" the other.

Do you thing beating a team like UF by three could not be a spanking? I think It could, now if TX beat Baylor by three, might not be a spanking.

Were I a UT fan, I would be insulted by the notion that a victory over UF was so improbable that a 3 pt win would be thought of as a spanking. That my team would have to play such an amazing game, a game worthy of being considered a "spanking" and still only manage to win by a FG.

Just saying

Were I a UT fan, I would be insulted by the notion that a victory over UF was so improbable that a 3 pt win would be thought of as a spanking. That my team would have to play such an amazing game, a game worthy of being considered a "spanking" and still only manage to win by a FG.

Just saying

NOT my point at all....my Cardinals beat the NYG 2 weeks ago by 7, but "spanked" them from the opening kickoff until the final whistle blew....thus, the final score be it 3 or 20 can be viewed in different way...... and yes beating a team like UF by 3 and owning them all day could very well happen.