[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strikeforce: Fedor vs Rogers

Dbaxx

Not human.

Correct. Even with his face busted up, lying on his back taking bombs to his face I still felt he was in control of the situation. I think if they were in a ring instead of the cage he lands the armbar attempt and ends it there.

He's the best fighter I've seen.

And I don't want to take anything away from Brett Rodgers. The guy impressed me more tonight than his dismantling of Andre Arlovski. His ground game has grown and he's always been devestating with his hands. Give him some more time and he'll be a force in the HW division.

Correct. Even with his face busted up, lying on his back taking bombs to his face I still felt he was in control of the situation. I think if they were in a ring instead of the cage he lands the armbar attempt and ends it there.

He's the best fighter I've seen.

And I don't want to take anything away from Brett Rodgers. The guy impressed me more tonight than his dismantling of Andre Arlovski. His ground game has grown and he's always been devestating with his hands. Give him some more time and he'll be a force in the HW division.

Come on now, I know everyone likes to hug Fedors nuts but lets get realistic here. Rodgers had Fedor leaking with that massive jab in the first few minutes, Fedor had the edge on the ground but wasnt doing much damage. If Brett didn't get caught by that haymaker it would have been a good fight into the 3rd round in my eyes.

Edited by Flip_Side

Come on now, I know everyone likes to hug Fedors nuts but lets get realistic here. Rodgers had Fedor leaking with that massive jab in the first few minutes, Fedor had the edge on the ground but wasnt doing much damage. If Brett didn't get caught by that haymaker it would have been a good fight into the 3rd round in my eyes.

It was a hook, not a haymaker. And that's how Fedor finishes fights plenty of times. See KO of Andre Arlovski. That punch sent Sylvia to Queer Street which set up the RNC. Saying if you take away such and such in MMA is insanity. If you take away GSP's takedowns against BJ Penn in there second fight it might have been a better fight. If you take away Lesnars GNP, then maybe Mir taps him again.

Being realistic is this: Fedor is the greatest fighter MMA has ever seen. He has never been tapped, KO'd, or outpointed on a score card. His lone loss was a cut 17 seconds into a fight, and that was a refs decision.

His standup is as good as anyones, and he has the best transitions I've ever seen. His groundgame is insane as his 16 submissions clearly show. It's not nut hugging. It's knowing and understanding that when the lights are on him, you're seeing the greatest ever. No one is even close as far as all time goes. He hasn't been caught on the jaw like GSP. He hasn't been tapped like Spider Silva has. He's goes up against opponents that are bigger then him every time. He's met every challange in front of him, and he's torn every one of them up.

Alright I see your point. I had never really seen Fedor fight until that match, I just heard a lot about him and how he was the best fighter in the world. After seeing that fight on CBS, I was just thinking how in the hell can this guy be the best?! Now that I've watched his highlights on youtube, this guy is an animal..

Fedor is a freak and #1 P4P, although my man Silva is a close 2nd

I just hope he signs with the UFC before it is too late- he needs to start fighting the top guys, this Strikeforce chit is a joke

as game as Brett Rodgers was, his only solid opponent was AA - the rest were a bunch of cans

Fedor is a freak and #1 P4P, although my man Silva is a close 2nd

I just hope he signs with the UFC before it is too late- he needs to start fighting the top guys, this Strikeforce chit is a joke

as game as Brett Rodgers was, his only solid opponent was AA - the rest were a bunch of cans

Thing is, Fedor has already faced all the top guys. During Pride's heyday, it had the most stacked HW division ever. And he rolled through everyone. A Fedor/UFC deal will never happen because of M1 Global and Dana White. In order to land Fedor, you must co-promote with M1 Global, a company that he has alot invested in. This was a breaking point during negotiations last time. Fedor will not budge on this, and neither will Dana. Nor should he, as people are going to buy UFC PPV's as long as Lesnar, GSP, Silva, or Penn is on the card.

I also think Strikeforce is a lot better than what you're giving it credit for. Gergard Mussassi isa terror at 185 and 205. I honestly think he is the only fighter that can beat Spider Silva at this point. Although, you'll never see him in the UFC because of Dana White and the way he handles things. Aoki, the no.2 155er is in the same boat. I'd love to see him take on Penn, because Penn has cleared the 155 class, and will kill Sanchez, but it won't happen. Aoki has gone as far as saying he will never ever fight for the UFC. Rumor is that Dan Henderson is about to sign with Strikeforce, making them even more legit. I hope he does. a little competetion never hurt things.

Thing is, Fedor has already faced all the top guys. During Pride's heyday, it had the most stacked HW division ever. And he rolled through everyone. A Fedor/UFC deal will never happen because of M1 Global and Dana White. In order to land Fedor, you must co-promote with M1 Global, a company that he has alot invested in. This was a breaking point during negotiations last time. Fedor will not budge on this, and neither will Dana. Nor should he, as people are going to buy UFC PPV's as long as Lesnar, GSP, Silva, or Penn is on the card.

I also think Strikeforce is a lot better than what you're giving it credit for. Gergard Mussassi isa terror at 185 and 205. I honestly think he is the only fighter that can beat Spider Silva at this point. Although, you'll never see him in the UFC because of Dana White and the way he handles things. Aoki, the no.2 155er is in the same boat. I'd love to see him take on Penn, because Penn has cleared the 155 class, and will kill Sanchez, but it won't happen. Aoki has gone as far as saying he will never ever fight for the UFC. Rumor is that Dan Henderson is about to sign with Strikeforce, making them even more legit. I hope he does. a little competetion never hurt things.

agreed- everything I have read states that team Fedor is the problem and Dana literally did everything he could to land him, short of co-promoting with M1 which makes no sense for him. Too bad, short of youtube clips I have missed most of Fedor's Pride career. A Fedor/Brock bout would be phenomenal. I think Strikeforce has a FEW top notch fighters- but they don't have the numbers for a viable product. Gergard is legit- that dude is talented and I agree is a top contender at both weight classes. Shields is a pretender and nothing more than a gatekeeper in the UFC, and would get crushed by the top UFC contenders, I haven't seen Aoki enough to comment.

I hope Hendo stays in the UFC bc he has some great potential matchups - Silva being one.

agreed- everything I have read states that team Fedor is the problem and Dana literally did everything he could to land him, short of co-promoting with M1 which makes no sense for him. Too bad, short of youtube clips I have missed most of Fedor's Pride career. A Fedor/Brock bout would be phenomenal. I think Strikeforce has a FEW top notch fighters- but they don't have the numbers for a viable product. Gergard is legit- that dude is talented and I agree is a top contender at both weight classes. Shields is a pretender and nothing more than a gatekeeper in the UFC, and would get crushed by the top UFC contenders, I haven't seen Aoki enough to comment.

I hope Hendo stays in the UFC bc he has some great potential matchups - Silva being one.

I can't stand Shields, but I think he's more than a gatekeeper. His Jits is amazing. Comperable to a Damian Maia... Steller Jitz and very little if anything in the stand up game.

I think the one guy I want to see in the UFC more than any other figher is Nick Diaz. I truly think he is the only guy in GSP's weight class that can beat him. That will never happen, as Nick loves Josh Gordon, and has pretty much told the Nevada gaming board to F off. Off to Japan and DREAM for him.