[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Being fined/jailed for not having health insurance is the same as not carrying automotive insurance

polksalet

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I think the general broad principle is simply that people who are paying for their health insurance aren't subsidizing folks who simply choose not to until they get sick and then suddenly they expect free health insurance. That's -- that's basic concept of responsibility that I think most Americans abide by,” Mr. Obama said, “penalties are appropriate for people who try to free ride the system and force others to pay for their health insurance.”

Have to agree here!

I think it's funny how your statement is actually contradicted by the very first line of the article you linked to.

That makes me stop reading.

Have to agree here ur so rit, y read the 2nd 1 lolz pwnz

"“What I think is appropriate is that in the same way that everybody has to get auto insurance and if you don't, you're subject to some penalty, that in this situation, if you have the ability to buy insurance, it's affordable and you choose not to do so, forcing you and me and everybody else to subsidize you, you know, there's a thousand dollar hidden tax that families all across America are -- are burdened by because of the fact that people don't have health insurance, you know, there's nothing wrong with a penalty.”"

Have to agree here ur so rit, y read the 2nd 1 lolz pwnz

"“What I think is appropriate is that in the same way that everybody has to get auto insurance and if you don't, you're subject to some penalty, that in this situation, if you have the ability to buy insurance, it's affordable and you choose not to do so, forcing you and me and everybody else to subsidize you, you know, there's a thousand dollar hidden tax that families all across America are -- are burdened by because of the fact that people don't have health insurance, you know, there's nothing wrong with a penalty.”"

I just did a letter by letter search for "jail" and couldn't find it. Sorry.

I just did a letter by letter search for "jail" and couldn't find it. Sorry.

So the logical conclusion is that you can neglect to pay a mandatory fee to the federal government and there will be no jail time. Is that basically your point? I mean the IRS is such a live and let live kind of group?

Anybody else amused by all the people who shriek the loudest about people freeloading at the ER now shrieking loudly again when a president they hate actually does something about it?

Ironic, isn't it?

I'm not amused, this goes way beyond the ER. These so called freeloaders will cost billions more

beyond the cost of the ER.

Amused, No, not in the least.

Three years of control over the House and Senate results in 10.2% unemployment and were getting in

better shape? I sure hope they quit getting us into shape.

Can you please point out specific legislation passed by the Congress in those three years that generated said unemployment? Thanks in advance.

How about we just start with the Billions of dollars of stimulus money wasted without

creating any new jobs. Money that will need repaid in the form of new taxes down the road.

Now they want to spend more money that we don't have.

Why don't you tell me where all that money went?

It sure wasn't to help the economy, because it's still in the tank.