[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Being fined/jailed for not having health insurance is the same as not carrying automotive insurance

polksalet

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know better,I'd think you were just making things up to support your argument.

:wacko:

He quoted the President almost exactly. I would look over this sentence again and think about how we could all apply it to the information we hear from cable news and the radio. Someone's paying for these stations to air "information."

its what the dept of labor considers unemployed. they leave out alot.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/127111-the...loyment-numbers

The part I dont get from that article, is where they say it doesnt count people that have exhausted their unemploymnet benefits, but have STOPPED looking for work.

How can you STOP deciding to eat or support your family? How can that be said with a straight face? Do people really think that unemployed and destitute Americans are just saying "you know what? F*** it. I will just sit down on my butt and starve to death. This looking for work is just too freakin hard to do. I will now just curl up into a ball and die."

The part I dont get from that article, is where they say it doesnt count people that have exhausted their unemploymnet benefits, but have STOPPED looking for work.

How can you STOP deciding to eat or support your family? How can that be said with a straight face? Do people really think that unemployed and destitute Americans are just saying "you know what? F*** it. I will just sit down on my butt and starve to death. This looking for work is just too freakin hard to do. I will now just curl up into a ball and die."

:wacko: people find ways to make money...

a lot of people who stay unemployed tend to find illegal means for making money...

:wacko: people find ways to make money...

a lot of people who stay unemployed tend to find illegal means for making money...

Yet I havent seen roving gangs of villians going on robbing sprees . . . have you?

I just dont know how they measure the metric of "people who have just stopped looking for work" and assign a number to that.

Plus there are married people who decide that one of them can stay home.

exactly, and I personally think we need to go back to finding a way to get one half of married couples working instead of the two of them....

it has an affect on how children are raised when a parent is staying home with them...provided they are even remotely decent as parents...

Which is very logical. But how do they KNOW those people ahve just given up? i dont know how they quantify that . . .

yet the unemployment rate assumes that anyone not collecting unemployment anymore must be employed because they are not collecting...

there's a serious flaw in that....just like your analogies...

Not on the roving gangs issue . . .:wacko:

But on how they can determine who has stopped looking for work . . .

they can't....there are lots of reasons why people are not working and it's probably for the better that less people work...

especially when households make more than enough money with the contribution of one parent and they decide they want to live even more comfortably so they both work...

this takes away a job from someone who probably needs it....