[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little confused

whoawhoa

I am a little confused....I read a Jessica Simson post, that I think is now closed, and I saw where a guy posted what he thaught was a joke, and then it skipped to a personal attack on the joker. I didn't see anything that warranted a personal attack on the joker. And how is his wife involved and why do other huddlers feel they are taking up for the wife? Were there threats made from the joker initially? or was it after he was personally attacked?

What I don't understand is why you would go from reading a distasteful post to attacking the poster's wife, instead of just telling the poster that he made a distasteful joke and closing the post. What is really distasteful is that some huddler (caddyman I think) mentioned that the posters wife should be cheating on him. Why would you ever say that? Why is the wife brought into this? I understand that she may be embarrassed, but something tells me she has probably heard this joke before. Why would a stranger tell a guy his wife should cheat on him b/c he made a distatsteful joke?

I am confused a little. I don't understand the personal attack, and I don't understand why the wife is involved. Please advise, I am trying to evaluate this website's maturity...

I am a little confused....I read a Jessica Simson post, that I think is now closed, and I saw where a guy posted what he thaught was a joke, and then it skipped to a personal attack on the joker. I didn't see anything that warranted a personal attack on the joker. And how is his wife involved and why do other huddlers feel they are taking up for the wife? Were there threats made from the joker initially? or was it after he was personally attacked?

What I don't understand is why you would go from reading a distasteful post to attacking the poster's wife, instead of just telling the poster that he made a distasteful joke and closing the post. What is really distasteful is that some huddler (caddyman I think) mentioned that the posters wife should be cheating on him. Why would you ever say that? Why is the wife brought into this? I understand that she may be embarrassed, but something tells me she has probably heard this joke before. Why would a stranger tell a guy his wife should cheat on him b/c he made a distatsteful joke?

I am confused a little. I don't understand the personal attack, and I don't understand why the wife is involved. Please advise, I am trying to evaluate this website's maturity...

Who are you?

just don't worry about it, when u been around long enough you may understand. as for the maturity it will range from 10 yr old to however old Sky is depending on the poster and remeber no JS jokes for 30 days.

no, I am not mr scooby so you dont need to talk about MY wife...I just thaught it was very rude to go there. And my ID is a black thing, so no need to go there on me.

I just think it is wrong that you call the guy a name, then he calls you a name, and then you start talking about the guys wife. and where is she? I know she would be embarrassed of the off color attempt at being funnyt (although it was more perverted than funny) and probably not want to post, but she kinda let you talk about her in a way that is disresprespectful. I mean, you mentioned cheating and I would think she would be upset that you would say such a thing. That is where my confusion lies...why would you go there? Oh well, who cares, I am just thinking that there may be some disrespectful people here.

One man's take:

This poster, who by the way is absolutely 100% not you and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would every assume he was :wacko: appears to be a total freaking loser with the maturity level of a 10 year old. So, you've got that on one hand.

On the other, you have two guys who seemingly have taken it a bit far in terms of their attacks on this total loser and his penchant for tasteless jokes as well as how those stupid jokes may embarrass his wife in front of an on-line community that she'd been involved with longer than he had. BTW, I do agree that they would have done well to not make some of the suggestions they did and simply remind the poster to just show some freaking class and leave it at that.

At any rate, that's pretty much how I see it.

One man's take:

This poster, who by the way is absolutely 100% not you and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would every assume he was :wacko: appears to be a total freaking loser with the maturity level of a 10 year old. So, you've got that on one hand.

On the other, you have two guys who seemingly have taken it a bit far in terms of their attacks on this total loser and his penchant for tasteless jokes as well as how those stupid jokes may embarrass his wife in front of an on-line community that she'd been involved with longer than he had. BTW, I do agree that they would have done well to not make some of the suggestions they did and simply remind the poster to just show some freaking class and leave it at that.

At any rate, that's pretty much how I see it.

That's what I kinda figured...thanks for clearing that up as best you can...I figured their would be a public apology by the tasteless joker, is there a link to that? And can I mess with him about Jessica?