[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

should I tip a dishwasher install man?

wiegie

I only tip delivery guys if they have a bitch getting things into my house. I just got my daughter a new bedroom set. The headboard and dresser were enormous and my stairs twist upwards. They had a hard time. I even had to lend a hand. It tipped the pair of them $20 (not much I know) because there is no way that they could have known up front how hard it was going to be.

The installers that Lowe's, et al send over usually do it on Lowe's terms, which means they accept a real cheap rate for their labor, which Lowe's gets a cut as well. So typically they are making less than if they are able to contract out on their own.

So I'm sure they would appreciate an extra $20.

The installers that Lowe's, et al send over usually do it on Lowe's terms, which means they accept a real cheap rate for their labor, which Lowe's gets a cut as well. So typically they are making less than if they are able to contract out on their own.

So I'm sure they would appreciate an extra $20.

Thanks, Chief. That settles it.

well, I tipped the guy (he had an assistant with him so I tried to tip $30). But the guy seemed like he didn't really want a tip at all and it was all I could do to get him to take the $20. He did seem to appreciate it but I think he was surprised that I wanted to tip him. (Please note that west Michigan is populated by a bunch of old cheap Dutch folks, so it is quite possible this was the first time he ever encountered anyone who wanted to tip him.)

Edited by wiegie

...or it could be that tipping a dishwasher install guy is a well-intentioned but frankly stupid concept. What's next, tip the guy who puts a new roof on the house? Tip the plumber? Tip the comcast guy when he brings you a new cable box? :wacko:

Tips are way the fark outta hand (and inherently a stupid concept anyway).

...or it could be that tipping a dishwasher install guy is a well-intentioned but frankly stupid concept. What's next, tip the guy who puts a new roof on the house? Tip the plumber? Tip the comcast guy when he brings you a new cable box? :wacko:

Tips are way the fark outta hand (and inherently a stupid concept anyway).

It could be you're just one cheap sombitch.