[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

THE GAME

RussMan

THE GAME has become a yawner thanks to the utter implosion of the Michigan Wolverines. :wacko:

Way to go Rich Rod and Bill Martin... tools.

I hear you. Martin is supposed to retire sometime in September 2010, so he will be out of everybody's hair. I'm assuming RR comes back for the 2010 season. If the team stinks it up/shows little improvement, maybe the new AD will show RR the door after 2010.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

The same thing was said at the end of the John Cooper era. Michigan fans and players saying MSU and PSU are better games since OSU was 2-10-1 against them. I remember all too well !!!! You better enjoy this run and try too step on their throats every chance you get, because Michigan is to good of a program and their desire too win is to great. I still get chills every OSU vs Michigan game and I was at the "95" game when OSU was suppose to win easily. Michigan will play tough tomorrow.

I'll quote Jonathan Wells from 2001 (Tress first Michigan game)

"If they don't think this a rivalry, they better get their minds right."

Wellls was responding to Michigan papers and quotes from players and fans. OSU finally stopped the bleeding that day and won 26-20. I have now seen the same things printed in Columbus papers about how this is not much of a game and blah...blah...this looks very much like what I was reading back then. Tress has kept his players mouths shut and there is a lot riding on this game for Michigan. A bowl game for the team and outgoing seniors and the whole "BOREN" factor can create a really hard hitting game early. Stefanie Spielman passed away this week and the whole OSU family is in mourning for one of our own. The Spielman's have raised millions for cancer research and I hope there is some kind of tribute to her by the players tomorrow.

OSU wearing new uniforms tomorrow is another bad sign!!! I don't like the idea of changing tradition for the sake of crappy shoes from spammers and money.

I still think OSU wins, however it should be scary early and a better game than most think, well at least early. Michigan will play well early and it depends on how the new decked out Buckeyes respond to that. Thanks Stefanie for the courage to fight against the monster that breast cancer is though it took your life, it did not take your spirt. My mother and Aunt both had breast and your fight has helped us all.

Edited by sacosud