[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting game managment...

untateve

by Les Miles. Taking way, way too long to call a TO on 3rd down and not having the field goal team ready to run onto the field should there be a 1st down catch on 4th down.

Horrible.....27 seconds when they lost 6 more yards to make it 4th and 4ever.....get the T.O with 9 seconds?? Game was done there, but had they been ready they could have kicked the game winner at the buzzer....

hey don't talk about the hat like that. piece of incompetent shiat.

by Les Miles. Taking way, way too long to call a TO on 3rd down and not having the field goal team ready to run onto the field should there be a 1st down catch on 4th down.

Miles took full responsibilty for the delay in calling the timeout. He claims the reason why someone (not him) called for the spike was that the LSU coaches up in the press box thought Ole Miss had 12 players on the field and they were hoping for a flag. He did say that after reviewing the film he doesn't think Ole Miss had more than 11 on the field.

The only followup question I would have asked Miles would have been:

If your coaches thought there were 12 men on the field there's still no reason to spike it when you could have attempted a TD pass and still gotten the call if indeed there were 12 players on defense plus you're getting a free play?

Miles took full responsibilty for the delay in calling the timeout. He claims the reason why someone (not him) called for the spike was that the LSU coaches up in the press box thought Ole Miss had 12 players on the field and they were hoping for a flag. He did say that after reviewing the film he doesn't think Ole Miss had more than 11 on the field.

The only followup question I would have asked Miles would have been:

If your coaches thought there were 12 men on the field there's still no reason to spike it when you could have attempted a TD pass and still gotten the call if indeed there were 12 players on defense plus you're getting a free play?

Just watched College Football Live on ESPN, and it was pretty clear that Les himself was calling for the spike. Unless him jumping up and down like a madman with a spiking motion was a signal for them to do something else.

Just watched College Football Live on ESPN, and it was pretty clear that Les himself was calling for the spike. Unless him jumping up and down like a madman with a spiking motion was a signal for them to do something else.

You see this is why the media should not be trusted. Even video can be misleading.

Check out this video. Watch at the 1:25 minute mark

See if you agree. At the end of the Tolliver catch Ole Miss actually came up with the ball. Coach Miles looks to be attempting to tell the referees that the player was down before Ole Miss got the ball. :wacko:

The video you saw that's made the rounds around here on TV makes it look like Miles was making the spiking motion.

Edited by Rockerbraves

You see this is why the media should not be trusted. Even video can be misleading.

Check out this video. Watch at the 1:25 minute mark

See if you agree. At the end of the Tolliver catch Ole Miss actually came up with the ball. Coach Miles looks to be attempting to tell the referees that the player was down before Ole Miss got the ball. :wacko:

The video you saw that's made the rounds around here on TV makes it look like Miles was making the spiking motion.

Looks pretty clear to me that Les Miles called for his QB to spike the ball. I teach my kids to "own" their mistakes. Sad, that a grown man can't :D

Saw the same thing .... could it be that Sarge was right about this guy? :wacko:

I don't want to pile on because we really will never know what he was thinking. It certainly looked like he was wanting them to spike it. My bigger beef was the fact that he would say something like "I don't know who told him to spike it." He woulda saved himself alot of criticism if he just said, "it's on me, I goofed up" because ultimately it is his fault anyway.

I don't want to pile on because we really will never know what he was thinking. It certainly looked like he was wanting them to spike it. My bigger beef was the fact that he would say something like "I don't know who told him to spike it." He woulda saved himself alot of criticism if he just said, "it's on me, I goofed up" because ultimately it is his fault anyway.

True dat. In one case, you had a momentary brain fart, in the other you have no control over what is happening on your sidelines.