[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

High School Reunions

whomper

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not possibly care less what the people I went to HS with are doing. Of the over 100 facebook friends I have, exactly one of them is a person I knew in HS, and to tell the truth I don't like him all that much.

• 2 years later...

My 20 yr HS reunion is tonight. Looking forward to seeing some people I haven't in a while. Meeting some of the old hockey guys for happy hour before. Should be a fun night of :brew:

Question: the invite says nothing of attire. Does that mean casual is fair game? The bar is downtown St Paul and I have been there many times. Its pretty casual. I know what I could get away with if I was just going down there drinking on a normal friday night, but this is obviously a little different. Go with what is appropriate for the bar, or is it bad form to not dress it up a little for a 20 yr reunion? I am thinking khakis with a nice polo will be fine, but dont want to come in under/over-dressed... :thinking:

Oh, and yes, I know I am old and its a little ghey to do a WDIW post. You can save the commentary :lol:

My 20 yr HS reunion is tonight. Looking forward to seeing some people I haven't in a while. Meeting some of the old hockey guys for happy hour before. Should be a fun night of :brew:

Question: the invite says nothing of attire. Does that mean casual is fair game? The bar is downtown St Paul and I have been there many times. Its pretty casual. I know what I could get away with if I was just going down there drinking on a normal friday night, but this is obviously a little different. Go with what is appropriate for the bar, or is it bad form to not dress it up a little for a 20 yr reunion? I am thinking khakis with a nice polo will be fine, but dont want to come in under/over-dressed... :thinking:

Oh, and yes, I know I am old and its a little ghey to do a WDIW post. You can save the commentary :lol:

Gheys usually dress pretty appropriately for the situation, go with yer gut.

yikes - dont fforget to reattach your scrotum once you plan yur outfit

What bar? Khaki and polo is pretty common so it sounds safe to me.

Haven't gone to any and don't plan to. I moved from LA to Cleveland before my senior year in HS and didn't make a lot of close friends. After graduating I lost touch with most of the friends I made and moved to Akron (about 30 miles) after finishing college.

Holy cow, I just realized my 30th will be next year, CHIPS AHOY! I'm getting old.

Went to my 20th last month. The reunion itself was ok, but it ended fairly early. About 25-30 of us went to a house about a block away from the country club the reunion was held, and hung out until about 5am. I really enjoyed that. The 20th was a lot less pretentious than the 10 year.

Whatever you wear, don't forget to accessorize with Minnie Mouse ears. Carrying a cattle prod is optional but encouraged.

Dude, why not wear something a bit more slick? Slacks and a nice shirt is not going to put you at risk of being over-dressed and the ladies will appreciate the effort.

I had planned on going to my 20 year reunion since I hadn't gone to one since the 5 year, but the JELLY BEANbags who are supposed to organize it dropped the ball just like they always do. So then another group got together and tried to organize one and we ended up with two competing groups each having their own reunion, neither of which were an "official" reunion. So I just said "SNICKERS it, I'm staying out of it all together." Just goes to show you what happens when the class president elections turn out to be nothing more than a popularity contest. Hopefully they can get their CHIPS AHOY! together for the 25.

I am thinking khakis with a nice polo will be fine, but dont want to come in under/over-dressed... :thinking:

You're going to a once in a lifetime event wearing a "nice" polo shirt (whatever that is) and khakis?

The guy who comes into my office to service the copy machines wears a polo shirt and khakis.

Put on a decent shirt and sport coat. And the term khaki is ubiquitous. You want cotton or linen, not canvas. And what about the shoes. Shoes may be the most important thing, but no no one ever brings them up.

Time to step up your game a bit.

You're going to a once in a lifetime event wearing a "nice" polo shirt (whatever that is) and khakis?

The guy who comes into my office to service the copy machines wears a polo shirt and khakis.

Put on a decent shirt and sport coat. And the term khaki is ubiquitous. You want cotton or linen, not canvas. And what about the shoes. Shoes may be the most important thing, but no no one ever brings them up.

Time to step up your game a bit.

Cracks me up every time.

Cracks me up every time.

He's also entirely on-point.

With regards to being concerned about showing up over-dressed. Essentially, anything short of a business suit and you've got nothing to worry about.

I think the problem that many guys have when it comes to clothes is that they don't "own" what they're wearing. It's not a bad thing to show up somewhere dressed nicer than anyone else. Just straighten your cuffs and live it. Women, and any man who's not scared, will compliment you.

But if you act like your mom dressed you everytime you put on a shirt with buttons, it's going to show.

He's also entirely on-point.

With regards to being concerned about showing up over-dressed. Essentially, anything short of a business suit and you've got nothing to worry about.

I think the problem that many guys have when it comes to clothes is that they don't "own" what they're wearing. It's not a bad thing to show up somewhere dressed nicer than anyone else. Just straighten your cuffs and live it. Women, and any man who's not scared, will compliment you.

But if you act like your mom dressed you everytime you put on a shirt with buttons, it's going to show.

Never said he wasn't. I crack up because I love the way he puts things, the way he writes. He's spot on and discusses it well.