[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiger Woods in bad car accident

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBSSportsline just added this:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Authorities say Tiger Woods has been seriously injured in a car wreck in Florida.

The Florida Highway Patrol says the PGA star hit a fire hydrant and a tree as he pulled out of his driveway early Friday in his 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle.

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital. His condition was not immediately known, though the news release said his injuries were serious.

The highway patrol says the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending. However, the highway patrol said the crash was not alcohol-related.

Copyright 2009 by STATS LLC and The Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and The Associated Press is strictly prohibited.

from CNN:

Golfer Tiger Woods has been taken to a Florida hospital after being injured in a car wreck near his Windermere home early Friday, officials said.

The one-car accident occurred about 2:25 a.m., according to an incident report from the Florida Highway Patrol.

Woods, 33, had just pulled out of his driveway and begun to drive down the street when his Cadillac SUV struck a fire hydrant, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

The front of his vehicle then struck a tree. He has been transported to Health Central Hospital, the statement said.

The crash is under investigation and charges are pending, though it was not clear who could face charges. The accident did not appear to have been alcohol-related, the statement said.

:wacko:

Golf great Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident in Florida early Friday morning, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

Woods, 33, is in the hospital in very serious condition after a single-car crash at 2:25 a.m. in which he hit a fire hydrant and then a tree, according to the FHP.

The crash is under investigation and charges are pending, but the crash was not alcohol-related, the highway patrol said in its accident report. It wasn't known if he was wearing a seatbelt.

Woods pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community when he struck the hydrant. He then plowed into the tree on his neighbor's property. He was taken to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, Fla.

Woods was apparently traveling under 33 mph because the Cadillac Escalade's airbags didn't inflate, the FHP said.

All I saw was that he hit a fire hydrant backing out of his driveway then slammed into a tree when he put in in drive. This happened around 2:45AM but supposedly no alcohol involved, but not enough info yet.

Jax, is he one of the guys on yer route that was hangin out waitin for a check and flippin ya chit :wacko:

I didn't know face lacertaions and being released the same day were considered a "serious" injury. I guess when I think of "serious" I think of someone in "serious" condition at a hospital.

Now watch him come back to win some tourney and people will wet their pants about how amazing it is that he was in an accident but still played so well :wacko:

Edited by BeeR

I didn't know face lacertaions and being released the same day were considered a "serious" injury. I guess when I think of "serious" I think of someone in "serious" condition at a hospital.

Now watch him come back to win some tourney and people will wet their pants about how amazing it is that he was in an accident but still played so well :wacko:

They were calling it serious before the hospital released his injuries. C'mon, when has the media every downplayed something.

something is not adding up in this story

last update said his wife used a golf club to bust back window to get him out of the car ( no joke )

what kind of accident requires this when you consider it was initially stated that he hit a fire hydrant backing out ???? then a tree ??

i can not even picture how this all adds up