[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiger Woods in bad car accident

i_am_the_swammi

I said as much. Tiger's kids are citizens because they were born here. Actually, you are wrong. You do not even need one citizen parent to be deemed simply a "citizen," as long as you are born on United States soil.

That has nothing to do whatsoever with what wiegie and I were discussing, mostly on another thread, and he brought it over here.

The issue is about the definition on "natural born citizen," per The Constitution as a requirement for President of the United States. The Supreme Court has never ruled on that as a requirement for POTUS - they have never had to - but they have ruled on simple "citizenship" for everyone born here - but never have they said that everyone born here is "natural born."

Could some of you understand that there is a difference? End of story.

:D

Congratulations, dmarcette, you've successfully entered "able to turn any thread political" status.

:wacko:

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how the press has had two people in this story in SERIOUS condition, that were actually released from the hospital in a matter of hours. Yet when they report Tiger has 12 mistresses and counting, :wacko: everyone takes that as fact.

Werd. A wise man once told me:

Think about every single time you see news happen and then read about it or watch a news report on TV. You think to yourself, 'that's not what went down'. However, every time you don't see news happen and simply read about it, you assume they've got it right. Despite the fact that every time you've been able to measure it against what you saw with your own eyes, they were wrong.

On the other hand, it seems as often as not, the press comes out with a story that seems pretty fantastic and when the facts are finally revealed, it's even crazier than initially reported.

Edited by detlef

As we discussed , cheating is certainly a terrible betrayal in a marriage. Sometimes marriages survive it for the sake of the marriage itself and other times ,and probably a bigger reason , for the sake of the children. In this case now that we seem to be up over the 10 women mark ,and with no indication that the number wont climb even higher, Tigers wife absolutely has to leave this guy. If she has any shred of self respect she sould walk. The kids will survive and she will be fine. Obviously finances will never be a problem for her and she is a gorgeous woman. He didnt just have a drunken isolated fling ,it was a blatant pattern of disrespect to her. She must walk here. The high profile wife of divorce always ends up OK in the long run. A year from now she will be in the papaer linked to some Brazilian stud shipping heir named Franco something or other.

+1. Normally I say you have to try your best to salvage a relationship when kids are involved, but this is insane. How many freaking women are there?? Sheesh man.

A moment of weakness is one thing, nailing as many people as humanly possible for years is another. She can endure years of couples counseling for a chance of possibly trusting him again someday, but I don't know if that's realistic given the seemingly endless parade of whores and the fact that it would be exhausting to follow him to every tournament and event.

Tiger's only hope is a pathetic, sobbing, down-on-the-knees beg-fest where he swears on his dead father that he's changed, feels horrible, commits to counseling and complete transparency, etc...then it comes down to whether she loves the man enough to put in all that work to rebuild what he destroyed.

Maybe he read Wilt Chamberlain's book and he's going for the record? :wacko:

racist.

Oops wait I forgot, Woods isn't really black. Just like Obama. :D

Love this story about Woods and Palmer - bravo to Palmer and ..|.. to the whiny Woods, even before he was swinging his richard everywhere.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...id=opinionsbox1

And we're not even to the cell phone vids or pics that are no doubt out there. I really question whether he was smart enough to prevent that from happening...I'm also hearing the Vegas strip knew about this for at least 2 years.

Edited by Pope Flick

It's times like this that I'm reminded, love or hate the Yankees, you've got to hand it to Jeter.

The book of Jeter:

Be clutch in big games

Stay single

Stick to high profile, top-shelf babes so you don't have to worry about them selling you out for 15 minutes of fame if things go south.

You find out he's hitting something new and it's "Atta boy Jetes!"

And in an amazingly-timed coincidence Gatorade just dropped Tiger:

In an official statement released Tuesday, the company said: "We decided several months ago to discontinue Gatorade Tiger Focus along with some other products to make room for our planned series of innovative products in 2010. We hope to share more about our 2010 plans soon."

Edited by wiegie

And in an amazingly-timed coincidence Gatorade just dropped Tiger:

:D Yet another completely plausible and believable story related to this whole mess.

It's no "I had to bust out both back windows with a golf club in order to save my husband" but it's close.

I said as much. Tiger's kids are citizens because they were born here. Actually, you are wrong. You do not even need one citizen parent to be deemed simply a "citizen," as long as you are born on United States soil.

That has nothing to do whatsoever with what wiegie and I were discussing, mostly on another thread, and he brought it over here.

The issue is about the definition on "natural born citizen," per The Constitution as a requirement for President of the United States. The Supreme Court has never ruled on that as a requirement for POTUS - they have never had to - but they have ruled on simple "citizenship" for everyone born here - but never have they said that everyone born here is "natural born."

Could some of you understand that there is a difference? End of story.

Actually, I think that if you reread what I wrote, you'll discover that I am not wrong. My first sentence said, "If you're born in the US, you're a US citizen." I think that if you could find a way to dial down the "I'm speaking to idiots" tone in your posts, you might find people a bit more open to discussing issues with you.

Actually, I think that if you reread what I wrote, you'll discover that I am not wrong. My first sentence said, "If you're born in the US, you're a US citizen." I think that if you could find a way to dial down the "I'm speaking to idiots" tone in your posts, you might find people a bit more open to discussing issues with you.

You actually wrote this:

"If you are born in the US, you're a citizen. If you have at least one parent who is a citizen, you're a citizen. End of story. Tiger is a US citizen and I do believe that they were born here. It has nothing to do with where the mother was born."

Perhaps you should dial down. What you wrote was factually wrong. The "end of story" line was quite arrogant, as if you just declared the bottom line opinion. Yet you presume to lecture me on forum behavior. I could not care less about being popular here.

If you are born in the US, you're a citizen. If you have at least one parent who is a citizen, you're a citizen. End of story. Tiger is a US citizen and I do believe that they were born here. It has nothing to do with where the mother was born.

I do believe that while other countries may also confer citizenship leading to potential dual citizenship status, such as Elin's native country, in the US at majority it is necessary to choose. I'm not sure the US recognizes the duality. Seems to me like family friends who had Canadian, French and US ties went through this. In the end, they relinquished their US rights for dual French and Canadian (they were born in France, live in Canada, have one US parent by birth, one Canadian by birth).

You actually wrote this:

"If you are born in the US, you're a citizen. If you have at least one parent who is a citizen, you're a citizen. End of story. Tiger is a US citizen and I do believe that they were born here. It has nothing to do with where the mother was born."

Perhaps you should dial down. What you wrote was factually wrong. The "end of story" line was quite arrogant, as if you just declared the bottom line opinion. Yet you presume to lecture me on forum behavior. I could not care less about being popular here.

I can see how that might have been confusing for you. So sorry.