[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Climategate

Lady.hawke

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard about it last week. Where you been? The emails also talk about how they used secret space heaters to open up the ocean passage north of Russia to further the warming scam. A more diabolical scheme I have never seen.

It is amazing the number of heads that get firmly buried in the sand when something is posted they don't agree with. Rather than discuss it they would rather try to marginalize the poster or make a joke out of it. This place used to be a venue for free exchange of ideas, but lately anyone with an opposition view is a pariah.

It is amazing the number of heads that get firmly buried in the sand when something is posted they don't agree with. Rather than discuss it they would rather try to marginalize the poster or make a joke out of it. This place used to be a venue for free exchange of ideas, but lately anyone with an opposition view is a pariah.

So you agree with Lady.Hawke's assertion that Global Warming is a massive worldwide conspiracy?

Come on Perch, how can you call for the free exchange of ideas when the OP starts us off with words like "Climategate" and "complete hoax"?

Edited by The Irish Doggy

So you agree with Lady.Hawke's assertion that Global Warming is a massive worldwide conspiracy?

No, but I haven't looked into what she posted yet either. I have no doubt that several scientists, politicians and some large corporations (GE for one) stand to gain a whole lot if certain legislation is passed regarding climate change. I also have no doubt that these large sums of money may be tempting to some. I think the out of hand dismissal though without any discussion is unfortunate, but sadly what the boards have deteriorated to. It wasn't too long ago that people would at least comment on what was posted prior to making fun of the poster. That is all I'm saying.

You havent read anything lady.hawke has posted in the last 2 months . . .have you? :wacko::D

You havent read anything lady.hawke has posted in the last 2 months . . .have you? :wacko::D

Nope I haven't as most of it is longer than I want to read here. I've read some of the comments from you and others on her posts regarding Obama's birth which at this point regardless of what anyone believes is a dead issue and should remained buried.

Nope I haven't as most of it is longer than I want to read here. I've read some of the comments from you and others on her posts regarding Obama's birth which at this point regardless of what anyone believes is a dead issue and should remained buried.

Perch my oint is there is a huge difference between intelligent debate and what lady.hawke posts. "She" openly refuses to read links that contradict her conspiracy theories.

I love a good debate as much as the next guy, but objectivity should be an essential part of any discourse on substantiative subjects. .. .

Hadley CRU hacked with release of hundreds of docs and emails. It seems that global warming was a complete hoax:

Climategate

Not so. The emails etc are worried about the effect a minor cooling trend within a much larger warming trend would have on the discussion. Some scientists were concerned that the skeptics would use this minor blip as ammo. As always, the emails themselves are a far greater weapon to the skeptics than the subject they were discussing as the skeptics can now blow them out of all proportion.

Global warming (or, more correctly, climate change) continues on it's merry way regardless.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Not so. The emails etc are worried about the effect a minor cooling trend within a much larger warming trend would have on the discussion. Some scientists were concerned that the skeptics would use this minor blip as ammo. As always, the emails themselves are a far greater weapon to the skeptics than the subject they were discussing as the skeptics can now blow them out of all proportion.

Global warming (or, more correctly, climate change) continues on it's merry way regardless.

youre right, because we have nothing to do with it.

Says the guy with the defaced presidential photo. Oh, the irony!

Well said, indeed.

FWITW I think that anyone who believes that the millions of tons of carbon we dump into the atmosphere each day doesn't affect the climate of our planet are blithering fools.

Well said, indeed.

FWITW I think that anyone who believes that the millions of tons of carbon we dump into the atmosphere each day doesn't affect the climate of our planet are blithering fools.

The question is not whether it has an effect but rather, how great of an effect does it have?