[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Climategate

Lady.hawke

Bloggers are doing the job journalists should be doing. As long as that is the case - get used to it.

Wrong. Sure, you can point to a few that actually adhere to responsible journalism but much of it is akin to a warehouse full of monkeys at typewriters: eventually one write war and peace.

No, blogging is a mixed bag to use as news sources. Just look what happened in Iran: everyone jumped on following twitter but there came an uneasiness a few days later when people realized you can simply make stuff up and post it. Kind of like what you do, so it's no surprise you think this is "the next way" when in fact it's simply a slice of evolution you are missing for looking at the trees instead of the forest.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how does anyone that can pay a URL somehow "doing the job journalist should be doing"? How does that somehow transfer into ariginal source material that can be verified and cross referenced?

I guess I am just "old school" and require actual legitmate sources of info versus a blog by Perez Hilton for my news. . . . :wacko: but you keep up the good fight!

using perez hilton to describe all bloggers is like using keith bloberman to describe all news anchors. come on now.

Wrong. Sure, you can point to a few that actually adhere to responsible journalism but much of it is akin to a warehouse full of monkeys at typewriters: eventually one write war and peace.

No, blogging is a mixed bag to use as news sources. Just look what happened in Iran: everyone jumped on following twitter but there came an uneasiness a few days later when people realized you can simply make stuff up and post it. Kind of like what you do, so it's no surprise you think this is "the next way" when in fact it's simply a slice of evolution you are missing for looking at the trees instead of the forest.

This.

Blogging is nothing more than editorial commentary. I know, I do it and I read a ton of them. There is virtually no original research going on in the blogs. Now that doesn't mean that some enterprising young chap isn't going to do just that, but for the most part they are nothing more than op-ed pieces and poorly researched and written ones at that. To use blogs as a source of "news" is akin to going to local bar and getting your news from the barflys there.

True , but blogging may report stuff that is not true or stuff that has no credible source / back up

Copy a lump of text from a political blog and Google the entire text. There will be dozens, if not hundreds, of blogs with that exact same text in them. The birther blogs were/are an interesting example of this.

Copy a lump of text from a political blog and Google the entire text. There will be dozens, if not hundreds, of blogs with that exact same text in them. The birther blogs were/are an interesting example of this.

As in very little original thought, just a cut n paste function that cannot be traced back to a legitimate source. :wacko:

Bloggers are doing the job journalists should be doing. As long as that is the case - get used to it.

I hear you. I see many, as we all do, bloggers out in the world interviewing leaders, policy makers, and citizens. It's hard to go out these days without a blogger asking for a bit of your time.

That's what the OUTFOXED documentary was talking about during one section. The GOP has a talking point for the day and it's echoed through everyone on the right side.

Edited by WaterMan

You cannot be serious. The protesters in Iran used Twitter because it was their only way to get news out and report what was actually happening - something they desperately needed. The legitimate protests failed because our idiot President chose not to support them. They may have been doomed from the start, but they surely had no chance when Obama gave them no support. It did seem that Hillary was not on that page. We would be so much better off now if she were POTUS.

I am beyond speechless whilst typing considering the complete idiocy of your post, which assumes that the reporters of Iran spew the truth. Are you really that dumb?

Most of you have no clue how much we are teetering on a precipice.

You cannot be serious. The protesters in Iran used Twitter because it was their only way to get news out and report what was actually happening - something they desperately needed. The legitimate protests failed because our idiot President chose not to support them. They may have been doomed from the start, but they surely had no chance when Obama gave them no support. It did seem that Hillary was not on that page. We would be so much better off now if she were POTUS.

I am beyond speechless whilst typing considering the complete idiocy of your post, which assumes that the reporters of Iran spew the truth. Are you really that dumb?

Most of you have no clue how much we are teetering on a precipice.

What would you have had us done in Iran? What do your sources at the Pentagon say that Obama kept them from doing?

The recent industrial age has increased CO2 to staggering levels unlike any seen during pre Neanderthal age to modern time. If Carbon Dioxide triggers global temperatures and sea rise; why does it matter if its defined as a pollutant or not? Sounds like some of us are losing the forest through the trees.

Pre-Neanderthals were keeping and recording climate statistics? You cannot be serious.

Please share with us the CO2 statistics taken during the pre Neanderthal time? Do you even realize how ridiculous this post was?. When do you think reliable climatic statistics began to be taken? It's probably less than 100 years -hardly a bleep in the history of Planet Earth.

Yes we should be good custodians of the planet, with recycling and such. This carbon tax nonsense is just crap.

Here is my favorite story of the day:

Copenhagen climate summit: Al Gore condemned over Arctic ice melting prediction

Pre-Neanderthals were keeping and recording climate statistics? You cannot be serious.

Please share with us the CO2 statistics taken during the pre Neanderthal time? Do you even realize how ridiculous this post was?. When do you think reliable climatic statistics began to be taken? It's probably less than 100 years -hardly a bleep in the history of Planet Earth.

You should ask Az these questions, he can give you the blog answer you want to hear. :wacko:

Yes we should be good custodians of the planet, with recycling and such. This carbon tax nonsense is just crap.

Here is my favorite story of the day:

Copenhagen climate summit: Al Gore condemned over Arctic ice melting prediction

Dinosaurs have never existed. I know this because man did not document their existence.

100 years is no blip. I mean that's like 1/60 of the entire age of the Earth.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe