[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Climategate

Lady.hawke

Me too. In fact I took my 20 gallon recycling can threw it in my 30 gallon garbage can put them in my Ford Excursion, drove them to the top of the nearest glacier and dumped them out. Then I wrote FU scientists signed McBo (I knew I should of drank one more cup of coffee) in the snow.

:wacko:

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. Here is another BS story Newsweek had to retract. Took them until 2003 though. Just about the time the "global warming"conspiracy theory got going. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/993807/posts

Edited by rattsass

And here is a wrap-up of the climate change gyrations that have been falsely crammed down our throats the last 100 years.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/specialrep.../fireandice.asp

But they probably have it right this time. Dont'cha think?

And they call us fearmongers...

And here is a wrap-up of the climate change gyrations that have been falsely crammed down our throats the last 100 years.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/specialrep.../fireandice.asp

But they probably have it right this time. Dont'cha think?

If you believe this line of reasoning, every scientific effort since man made fire has been cramming false gyrations down your throat. Medicine, Chemistry, whatever. They've been getting things wrong for 1000s of years!

If you don't have enough conspiracies to track already, look into those charlatans.

If you believe this line of reasoning, every scientific effort since man made fire has been cramming false gyrations down your throat. Medicine, Chemistry, whatever. They've been getting things wrong for 1000s of years!

If you don't have enough conspiracies to track already, look into those charlatans.

What "line of reasoning" are you speaking of? Scientists have changed their minds back and forth about global climate change over the last century, each time convinced they were right. But they haven't been right yet. The temperature of the planet raised a grand total of ONE DEGREE in the last century.

Meanwhile, rather than spending money on research for NEW FUEL ALTERNATIVES our government has wasted a small fortune TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF OUR USE OF FOSSIL FUEL USE IS DAMAGING THE CLIMATE AND AT WHAT RATE. I dare say if our fine leaders had spent as much time and money over the last century looking forward at alternative energies instead of funding scientific fear terrorism, we would be well on our way to solutions.

And now that the government has pissed away a fortune just to convince us that we are in a desperate situation, they are about to come after what is left of our money to remedy this "catastrophic certainty."

Fear=Control. Game. Set. Match. We have all been played.

I took your advice and here is what I came up with for medicine:

---

While approximately 10,000 per year die from the effects of illegal drugs, an article in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) reported that an estimated 106,000 hospitalized patients die each year from drugs which, by medical standards, are properly prescribed and properly administered. More than two million suffer serious side effects. [3]

An article in Newsweek [4] put this into perspective. Adverse drug reactions, from "properly" prescribed drugs, are the fourth leading cause of death in the United States. According to this article, only heart disease, cancer, and stroke kill more Americans than drugs prescribed by medical doctors. Reactions to prescription drugs kill more than twice as many Americans as HIV/AIDS or suicide. Fewer die from accidents or diabetes than adverse drug reactions. It is important to point out the limitations of this study. It did not include outpatients, cases of malpractice, or instances where the drugs were not taken as directed.

According to another AMA publication, drug related "problems" kill as many as 198,815 people, put 8.8 million in hospitals, and account for up to 28% of hospital admissions. [5] If these figures are accurate, only cancer and heart disease kill more patients than drugs. Has the situation improved since the publication of this information? Hardly. Null [6] et al have published the most comprehensive and well-documented study I have seen of deaths associated with medical practice. In this report, their research revealed some shocking facts. The findings are summarized in the abstract:

"A definitive review and close reading of medical peer-review journals, and government health statistics shows that American medicine frequently causes more harm than good. The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug reactions (ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. Dr. Richard Besser, of the CDC, in 1995, said the number of unnecessary antibiotics prescribed annually for viral infections was 20 million. Dr. Besser, in 2003, now refers to tens of millions of unnecessary antibiotics.

The number of unnecessary medical and surgical procedures performed annually is 7.5 million. The number of people exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually is 8.9 million. The total number of iatrogenic deaths shown in the following table is 783,936. It is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the United States. The 2001 heart disease annual death rate is 699,697; the annual cancer death rate, 553,251."

Drugs Number One Killer

The authors conclude: "When the number one killer in a society is the healthcare system, then, that system has no excuse except to address its own urgent shortcomings. It‘s a failed system in need of immediate attention. What we have outlined in this paper are insupportable aspects of our contemporary medical system that need to be changed -- beginning at its very foundations."

A recent article in Archives of Internal Medicine [7] stated that in the seven year period from 1998 through 2005, reported serious adverse drug events increased 2.6-fold, and fatal adverse drug events increased 2.7-fold. The authors noted that reported serious events increased 4 times faster than the total number of outpatient prescriptions during the period. Another study concluded that the majority(86%) of the adverse drug reactions for which patients were admitted to a medical intensive care unit were preventable. [8]

One proposed solution to the illegal drug problem was encouraging potential users to ignore peer pressure and "just say no." Interestingly, this strategy is not being recommended for prescription drugs. Bruce Pomeranz, MD , one of the authors of the JAMA paper, said he is not warning people to stay away from drugs. "That would be a terrible message," he said. Lucian Leape, MD, of the Harvard School of Public Health said, "When you realize how many drugs we use, maybe those numbers aren‘t so bad after all." [4]

Does that mean that the number of deaths due to illegal drugs, suicide, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, accidents, and drunk driving "aren‘t so bad" either? Does it mean that we shouldn‘t discourage drunk driving or unsafe sex?

The folly of such double standards should be obvious to all. It is time to address the real drug problem -- the cultural notion that the first solution to seek for relief of life‘s problems is a drug. That‘s the drug culture we need to address.

Oh, the irony.

Do you EVER add anything of substance ot ANY conversation? If so, please provide proof. Here is more damnation of the GIFTS science has brought our society:

------

Remember the Reagan-era anti-drug ads, “Just Say NO!”?

Well, since then, street drugs have taken the backseat to a far greater threat – prescription drugs, especially pain killers.

Contrary to the popular belief propagated by the drug industry, taking prescription drugs is a health RISK – not a healthy treatment to a health problem. This backwards ideology has created a nation of extremely sick people, and a whole new generation of drug addicts.

In fact, prescription drugs are now the preferred “high” for many, especially teens, as they are typically used legally, which eliminates the stigma of being a “junkie.” And even if you don’t have your own prescription, drugs of all kinds can be found in the nearest medicine cabinet in most homes.

If you don’t believe drugs have become extremely easy to get a hold of, take a look at the latest drug use statistics from the Kaiser Health Foundation.

The average American, aged 19 to 64, now takes close to 12 prescription drugs!

The average senior typically fills over 30 prescriptions every year, and even children, between the ages of 0-18, are taking an average of close to 4 prescriptions annually!

This brings up yet another problem, which is the exponentially increased health risk of mixing multiple drugs.

Both of these issues – prescription drug abuse, and drug overuse – have a major impact on the health, well being, and longevity of the American population, as well as our health care system.

The Baltimore Sun quotes R. Gil Kerlikowske, director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, as saying:

"With drug use accounting for tens of billions of dollars per year in health care costs, and drug overdoses ranking second only to motor vehicle crashes as the leading cause of accidental death, the nation needs to discard the idea that enforcement alone can eliminate our drug problem."

Reflect on this for just a moment…

Drug use accounts for tens of billions of dollars per year in health care costs… That’s tens of billions of dollars IN ADDITION TO the close to one TRILLION dollars those same drugs cost our health care system in the first place!

This is about as close to insanity as you can get when thinking that “more and better drugs” are the answer to our nation’s failing health...

Folks, it’s time to wake up from our collective slumber and cease to fall prey to this predatory type of “health care.”

Big pharm has Succeeded where Drug Mafias have Failed

With numbers like these, it’s no wonder prescription drug abuse and poisoning deaths are skyrocketing. And since it’s all legal, no one is really cracking down on this growing drug problem that is wrecking lives each day.

How could they, really? The US government has done everything in their power to aid Big P harma's influence and profits, and you can't increase drug sales while dissuading people from taking them at the same time.

But make no mistake, prescription drug use is one of the most significant health dangers facing Americans of all ages today.

The number of overdose deaths from opioid painkillers alone — opium-like drugs that include morphine and codeine — more than tripled from 1999 to 2006, to 13,800 deaths that year. This despite the fact that the FDA increased the restrictions for consumer drug ads in 2005, especially for COX-2 painkillers like Celebrex and Bextra.

In the past, most overdoses were due to illegal narcotics, such as heroin, with most deaths in big cities. But prescription painkillers have now surpassed both heroin and cocaine as the leading cause of fatal overdoses.

In addition, more than 700,000 people visit U.S. emergency rooms each year as a result of adverse drug reactions to all drugs, not just the opioids. Adverse drug reactions from drugs that are properly prescribed and properly administered cause about 106,000 deaths per year, making prescription drugs the fourth-leading cause of death in the U.S.

They kill more than twice as many Americans as HIV/AIDS or suicide.

Fewer die from accidents or diabetes than adverse drug reactions.

Compare all of this to the death toll from illegal drugs -- which is about 10,000 per year -- and you begin to see the magnitude of the problem that the pharmaceutical industry is propagating.

You’ve Been Mislead. What are You Going to Do About it?

It’s truly heart wrenching, but children and teens have become indoctrinated to believe that prescription drugs are safe, and are now using a variety of drugs recreationally, under the false assumption that they are not dangerous.

The desire to solve problems by taking drugs is a product of our culture, perpetuated by everyone, from drug manufacturers, to doctors, to government health officials, to you.

When you teach your child that the appropriate response to pain or discomfort is to take a pill, the obvious result is that he will seek comfort by taking drugs when faced with the challenges of adolescence.

The Baltimore Sun writes:

“According to the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, prescription drugs are second to Josh Gordon as the drug of choice for today's teens.

In fact, seven of the top 10 drugs used by 12th-graders were prescription drugs.

More than 40 percent of high school seniors reported that painkillers are "fairly" or "very" easy to get. They also reported that they believed that if they were to get caught, there was less shame attached to the use of prescription drugs than to street drugs.

This mirrors the perceptions of their parents, who when queried said that they felt prescription drugs were a safer alternative to drugs typically sold by a drug dealer.”

If this reflects your thinking, then you too have fallen for the false promises of the pharmaceutical industry, and the longer you cling to this dangerous attitude, the longer the harm will continue to be perpetuated.

Prescription Drugs Can be MORE Dangerous and Addictive than Street Drugs!

The first step toward meaningful change is realizing that prescription drugs are JUST as addictive and dangerous as illegal street drugs.

In many cases, they are identical. The only difference is their legal status.

For example, hydrocodone, a prescription opiate, is synthetic heroin -- indistinguishable from any other heroine as far as your brain and body is concerned.

So, if you’re hooked on hydrocodone, you are in fact a good-old-fashioned heroin addict. And if you keep this drug in an unlocked cabinet in your house, you are leaving your children an open invitation to experiment with something that is identical to a “street drug.”

Who cares that you got it from someone wearing a white coat, opposed to dark shades?

The morticians who prep tens of thousands of people for burial due to drug overdoses each year certainly don’t.

Edited by rattsass

I guess all of this sort of fits together. You need a nation full of drugged out zombies to pull off the kinds of outlandish frauds that our government has. :wacko:

Do you EVER add anything of substance ot ANY conversation? If so, please provide proof. Here is more damnation of the GIFTS science has brought our society:

I do, when the argument is worthwhile. Your crazy-assed conspiracy lunacy isn't worth the effort. I don't know what suddenly crawled up your tight chickenhawk ass, but the drivel you are posting is enough to make ladyhawke look like a moderate.

I don't have anyone on ignore, even caddyman and H8Tank when he was here. But your insanity is sorely tempting me to do so with your stupid ass. So no, I won't be engaging in any argument with you, you simply aren't worth my time.

I do, when the argument is worthwhile. Your crazy-assed conspiracy lunacy isn't worth the effort. I don't know what suddenly crawled up your tight chickenhawk ass, but the drivel you are posting is enough to make ladyhawke look like a moderate.

I don't have anyone on ignore, even caddyman and H8Tank when he was here. But your insanity is sorely tempting me to do so with your stupid ass. So no, I won't be engaging in any argument with you, you simply aren't worth my time.

:wacko:

This conspiracy theory brought forth by the aforementioned moderate ladyhawke was dead and buried like it should have stayed. Somebody thought they had a smoking gun after all this time and brought it back to life to "prove a point."

I thought I would lend another perspective to the conversation, and I posted ZERO conspiracy theories on this thread.

And as for your assertion of insanity?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. You may be onto something here. I keep posting alternative viewpoints in hopes of creating thought outside of the box. But some people are happy in their little box. You are obviously offended by my efforts and for that I sincerely apologize.

If you can point out my conspiracy theories posted in this thread, please point them out and I will delete them immediately.

Edited by rattsass