[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Climategate

Lady.hawke

Pot, Kettle, Black?

About the MRC

The mission of the Media Research Center, "America's Media Watchdog," is to bring balance to the news media. Leaders of America's conservative movement have long believed that within the national news media a strident liberal bias existed that influenced the public's understanding of critical issues. On October 1, 1987, a group of young determined conservatives set out to not only prove — through sound scientific research — that liberal bias in the media does exist and undermines traditional American values, but also to neutralize its impact on the American political scene. What they launched that fall is the now acclaimed — Media Research Center (MRC).

Given the lack of coverage by the mainstream media regarding climategate, it would seem then MRC is needed. Wouldn't you agree? Or is this just more of the same, attack the messenger avoid the message.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the lack of coverage by the mainstream media regarding climategate, it would seem then MRC is needed. Wouldn't you agree? Or is this just more of the same, attack the messenger avoid the message.

By slamming the "mainstream media", aren't you doing the same? Hence the pot & kettle reference.

I think you, Lady Hawke and the MRC need to get together and compare notes . . .

Or maybe it's not near the story you want it to be.

I think you, Lady Hawke and the MRC need to get together and compare notes . . .

Have any of the mainstream media reported on climategate? Yes or no? Do you not think based on current pending legislation and the fact that our President is scheduled (and one of our past VP's was scheduled but cancelled) to speak at a climate conference in Copenhagen that it should be discussed? Is that too crazy to expect news agencies to actually report the news? Or does it make you feel better when the so called news agencies bury their collective heads in the sand?

Have any of the mainstream media reported on climategate? Yes or no?

Yes, they were just discussing it on CNN

Yep, your probably right, just like you were when you told us Obama was a moderate prior to the election :wacko:

Where were I when I told you Obama was a moderate?

Yes, they were just discussing it on CNN

Where were I when I told you Obama was a moderate?

CNN is cable news, not mainstream media and not mentioned in what I linked. Mainstream media normally refers to ABC, CBS, and NBC which is mentioned in what I linked.

CNN is cable news, not mainstream media and not mentioned in what I linked. Mainstream media normally refers to ABC, CBS, and NBC which is mentioned in what I linked.

Yeah - if it was 1982.

CNN is mainstream there bunky, and has been since Gulf War 1.

Not to mention it's pretty easy to find stories on CBS:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/01/...ain;contentBody

ABC:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/JustOneTh...tory?id=9246500

NBC:

java script:vPlayer('34275119','832013da-d106-40d1-b9a1-4f4b2336afae')

all linkable off the main world news pages. Thanks for playing. You are,once again, flat out wrong.

Edited by Pope Flick

Yeah - if it was 1982.

CNN is mainstream there bunky, and has been since Gulf War 1.

Not to mention it's pretty easy to find stories on CBS:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/01/...ain;contentBody

ABC:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/JustOneTh...tory?id=9246500

NBC:

java script:vPlayer('34275119','832013da-d106-40d1-b9a1-4f4b2336afae')

all linkable off the main world news pages. Thanks for playing. You are,once again, flat out wrong.

No, no that's not possible. Perch and his ilk are hapless victims of the liberal media; that's the only reasonable scenario.

Don't sprain an ankle with all that backpedaling.

:wacko: No kidding.

ETA - here's how behind the times you are perch;

here are, however, a couple of notable exceptions to this pattern of stability. The percentage of Americans who regularly turn to cable news channels has edged up over the past two years. The overall audience for cable TV news exceeds that for network television news by a narrow margin: 38% of Americans say they regularly watch cable news channels, compared with 34% who regularly watch the nightly news on one of the three major broadcast networks. In April 2002, the two audiences were nearly identical in size 33% for cable news, 32% for network news. So while the nearly decade-long slide in network news viewership may have subsided, the networks now risk being eclipsed by their cable competitors.

That's 5 years old.

Edited by Pope Flick

Don't sprain an ankle with all that backpedaling.

I'm not backpedaling. If you would read what I linked it specifically said on their morning or evening news shows. It did not mention their website one way or the other. Maybe you should read a link before commenting on it.

I'm not backpedaling. If you would read what I linked it specifically said on their morning or evening news shows. It did not mention their website one way or the other. Maybe you should read a link before commenting on it.

Ok, az. You need semantics to back out of your claim. :wacko:

I'm waiting for ABC, CBS and NBC to call me on the phone and tell me about this story. I will except nothing less.

Don't count on it, they are in bed with the scientific community and Obama administration; they are part of the vast left-wing conspiracy.

Sure they report it, but you have to go through the laborious process going to their homepages on the innernets. We are all victims here. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Ok, az. You need semantics to back out of your claim. :wacko:

Go back and read the link I posted Pope. It specifically says their news broadcasts. It's sad that you and your ilk are trying to pick this apart and defend these "news" organizations. Yet ya'll are the first to jump all over Fox.

Go back and read the link I posted Pope.

Go back and read what you posted.

Have any of the mainstream media reported on climategate? Yes or no?

It's apparent you don't like the answer and your routine kneejerk scapegoating on the media is once again misplaced.

Go back and read what you posted.

It's apparent you don't like the answer and your routine kneejerk scapegoating on the media is once again misplaced.

Excuse me I should have stated "have any of the mainstream media reported on climategate on their television news broadcsts", though I thought it was implied since the first time I brought it up, I brought it up with a link that specifically talked about news broadcasts. What was I thinking. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me for thinking you could read something and put two and two together.