[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home Made Irish cream recipes

whomper

I am in the process of getting one from my sister in law which i will post. She makes delicious Irish Cream around the holidays. Anyone have a recipe to share ? I want to try and make it this year

ETA Found this one online

Prep Time:

15 MinReady In:

15 Min

Servings

Original Recipe Yield 4 cups

Ingredients

1 cup heavy cream

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 2/3 cups Irish whiskey

1 teaspoon instant coffee granules

2 tablespoons chocolate syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon almond extract

Directions

In a blender, combine heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, Irish whiskey, instant coffee, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Blend on high for 20 to 30 seconds. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Shake well before serving.

Edited by whomper

I am in the process of getting one from my sister in law which i will post. She makes delicious Irish Cream around the holidays. Anyone have a recipe to share ? I want to try and make it this year

Prep Time:

15 MinReady In:

15 Min

Servings

Ingredients

1 cup heavy cream

1 2/3 cups Irish whiskey

Directions

In a blender, combine heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, Irish whiskey, instant coffee, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Blend on high for 20 to 30 seconds. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Shake well before serving.

Substitute the instant coffee for real & the chocolate syrup for real dark cocoa powder & I think it would be better.

Here's a similar one I found:

Ingredients

* 1 (750 milliliter) bottle Irish whiskey

* 8 3/4 ounces milk chocolate

* 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk

* 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk

* 2 1/2 cups heavy cream

* 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules

Directions

1. Pour a small amount of whiskey into a large bowl. In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth. Mix the melted chocolate with the whiskey in the bowl. Gradually stir in the sweetened condensed milk and the evaporated milk. Stir in the cream, instant coffee granules, and the remaining whiskey.

2. Pour mixture into 3 (750 ml) bottles, seal and store in refrigerator. Best if kept at least 1 month before using. To serve: shake bottle well, serve in small glasses over crushed ice.

Gonna have to give this a try as well. I've been wanting to make some myself & I already have most of the ingredients. A lot of the recipies I've seen have egg in them as well. I wonder what difference that would make. I've also seen a few call for espresso which would be more in line with what I was talking about using a finer grind.

Edited by rajncajn

Prep Time:

15 MinReady In:

15 Min

Servings

Ingredients

1 cup heavy cream

1 2/3 cups Irish whiskey

Directions

What is the shelf life if fridged? Sounds very tasty. I only use egg nog for two days, but this looks like it might get through Christmas and New Years.

• 11 months later...

This is the recipe from my sister in law. I am making it today for Thanksgiving. It comes out great

4 eggs

sweetened condensed milk - 1 can

1 tablespoon of water

1 tablespoon of vanilla extract

1 tablespoon chocolate syrup

1 tablespoon instant coffee

1 1/2 cups of whiskey

1 pint heavy cream

The longer it sits in the fridge - the better it is