[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Florida-Alabama

Chief Dick

I'm not so sure that Tebow hasn't already accomplished far more, in terms of football, than Locker ever will. I guess we'll see how good of a pro Locker ends up being... I think we both agree that Tebow probably isn't an NFL QB. That doesn't mean that he won't be able to find a place in the NFL, necessarily, but I don't think it will be as a QB... at least not a long-term starter, anyway. I do agree that Alabama will beat Texas... What do you think the spread will be? I'm guessing Bama -6....

A few losers/haters will certainly ridicule Tebow for shedding a few tears today. Personally, I think that shows just how competitive the guy is. Plus, I think we sometimes forget that these are just kids, really. Some of them are about to become pretty wealthy kids, but they're still kids at this point, nonetheless. Tebow is a class act, and will go down as one of the greatest college players of all time.

His mother, on the other hand, looks like she's made out of glass/plastic. :wacko:

calm down Gopher- Tebow is a great college QB - no doubt, but let's get real, college is college and pro is pro. Time will tell with Locker obviously, there is just a clear comparison between the 2 that we will hear up til draft day. Two mobile, athletic QB's and Locker has him beat across the board- and has the potential to be great in the NFL. The list of great college football players who never do squat in the NFL is endless, so to say he has accomplished more than Locker ever will is a bit premature.

Tebow is everything that is great about college sports and is a great kid.

GO HUSKERS!!!!! eff this BCS chit up!!

I'm not so sure that Tebow hasn't already accomplished far more, in terms of football, than Locker ever will. I guess we'll see how good of a pro Locker ends up being.

I'm thinking we might see how much more of a senior that Locker can be than Tebow is/was.

Edited by bushwacked

calm down Gopher- Tebow is a great college QB - no doubt, but let's get real, college is college and pro is pro. Time will tell with Locker obviously, there is just a clear comparison between the 2 that we will hear up til draft day. Two mobile, athletic QB's and Locker has him beat across the board- and has the potential to be great in the NFL. The list of great college football players who never do squat in the NFL is endless, so to say he has accomplished more than Locker ever will is a bit premature.

Tebow is everything that is great about college sports and is a great kid.

GO HUSKERS!!!!! eff this BCS chit up!!

No need to calm down... I agree with pretty much everything you're saying. But, just as the list of college players that didn't equate in the NFL is endless, the list of QB's who have "NFL talent" and don't pan out in the NFL is just as endless... So, before Locker should be anointed as anything special, he needs to actually accomplish something besides beating a USC team that had their worst season in nearly a decade. That's all I'm saying... I'm not saying he WON"T be a good pro, necessarily... If I had to wager on it, I'd probably say that he'll have a decent NFL career. It's just WAY to early to declare that he's better than Tebow. More athletic? Sure. But, the same could be said for a dozen other college QB's (probably even more than that). In terms of accomplishments, though, Tebow is head and shoulders above any of them, right now. That was my point.