[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TX / NEB

muck

Didn't see the play; following it online... What happened?

Threw it out of bounds, then the clock ran out, but replay put 1 second back on the clock.

Now FG made. UT wins.

Edited by Big John

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a crappy way for the season to end for both TCU and CIN.

Replay putting one second on the clock will keep either of these two very deserving teams from playing in the NC game.

:wacko:

dude- yer not even watching the game - the refs got it right - how can you comment on something you didn't even see :D

yawn - another clusterf*ck national championship game

Bama will destroy these guys

dude- yer not even watching the game - the refs got it right - how can you comment on something you didn't even see :wacko:

yawn - another clusterf*ck national championship game

Bama will destroy these guys

hey bra- why is it when the Big 12 puts up points all day, a-la UT/TAM they have no defense, then when the D's show up, they just suck?? Championship teams find ways to win and that is what TX will do against Bama. Write it down baby!

Considering that only a quarter of the country played this weekend, there certainly wasn't a shortage of exciting games... Over half went down to the wire:

Oregon 37 OSU 33

FSU 53 Illinois 52

Cinci 45 Pitt 44

WVU 24 Rutgers 21

ECU 38 Houston 32

Zona 21 USC 17

UConn 29 USF 27

Texas 13 Nebraska 12

GTech 39 Clemson 34

So much for telling my wife I would clean out the garage today. :wacko:

Texas O-line was weak tonight. Greg Davis called a pathetic game. After the last reception by Shipley they should have run it 3 times in a row right up the middle. Nebraska wasn't playing all that well against the run. The announcers went on and on about NEB defense, but Texas held Nebraska to 106 yards. I hope Ingram wins the Heisman. Texas does pretty well in the Rose Bowl when their QB is slighted and they are playing the Heisman winning RB. Seriously I don't give Texas much of a chance, but they will not be embarrassed.

Considering that only a quarter of the country played this weekend, there certainly wasn't a shortage of exciting games... Over half went down to the wire:

Oregon 37 OSU 33

FSU 53 Illinois 52

Cinci 45 Pitt 44

WVU 24 Rutgers 21

ECU 38 Houston 32

Zona 21 USC 17

UConn 29 USF 27

Texas 13 Nebraska 12

GTech 39 Clemson 34

don't want to hijack, but what a freakin wild ending my boys took on the chin today...

Oregon 37 OSU 33

FSU 53 Illinois 52

Cinci 45 Pitt 44

WVU 24 Rutgers 21

ECU 38 Houston 32

Zona 21 USC 17

UConn 29 USF 27

Texas 13 Nebraska 12

GTech 39 Clemson 34

This!

Wife was out all day Christmas shopping and I spent a cold nasty day on the couch. A great day of football from start to finish. :D

Texas O-line was weak tonight. Greg Davis called a pathetic game. After the last reception by Shipley they should have run it 3 times in a row right up the middle. Nebraska wasn't playing all that well against the run. The announcers went on and on about NEB defense, but Texas held Nebraska to 106 yards. I hope Ingram wins the Heisman. Texas does pretty well in the Rose Bowl when their QB is slighted and they are playing the Heisman winning RB. Seriously I don't give Texas much of a chance, but they will not be embarrassed.

This. If I'm Alabama I'm not thrilled that Nebraska woke Texas up to some of their weak spots. Bama has weak spots as well. It should be a GREAT game.

BTW - I hadn't seen much of Nebraska the past few seasons, but they're in good hands and are clearly a force not too soon from now. And Suh is a man amongst boys. WOW. :wacko:

I haven't looked up his stat line for 2009 but he should be on the Heisman short list, in a year of no stand out candidates just a buncha nice ones.

Not taking anything from the Texas D here but Nebraska may have the worst OC in America. I used to think it was USF's but after last night... Wow! The play calling was absolutely atrocious for most of the game. The didn't execute very well either but still.

That is it for me. College football is now as legitimate as the WWE and boxing. I've never seen refs so in the bag. Looks like I get to spend more time watching and supporting my HS team.

:wacko: You want to talk about a poorly officiated game, look at the Pitt / Cincy game. Pitt got screwed.

:wacko: You want to talk about a poorly officiated game, look at the Pitt / Cincy game. Pitt got screwed.

Did they make a phantom horse collar call and then violate the rules of the game to put time back on the clock?

Did they make a phantom horse collar call and then violate the rules of the game to put time back on the clock?

Both of those were good calls, you need to stop believing everything on the Faggie message boards. With regard to the horse collar, I was yelling about it to the wife when the play happened in real time. The slow motion replay didn't nothing to change my mind. With regard to the time, the replay does not lie, the ball hit the ground out of bounds with 1 second left on the clock. They use replay to put time back on the clock all the time in both the college and the pro game.

Both of those were good calls, you need to stop believing everything on the Faggie message boards. With regard to the horse collar, I was yelling about it to the wife when the play happened in real time. The slow motion replay didn't nothing to change my mind. With regard to the time, the replay does not lie, the ball hit the ground out of bounds with 1 second left on the clock. They use replay to put time back on the clock all the time in both the college and the pro game.

+1. If they made a video about what a horse collar tackle looks like, they could use that one. Mind you, dude eventually let up and I've seen worse, but, not unlike a facemask, you don't have to rip the guy's head off to earn the flag, you just have to tug on the thing for a second.

Also, they obviously got the call right on the clock. Was it completely stupid on McCoy's part to even make it that close? No question. Is he lucky as hell the ball landed when it did? Absolutely. However, there was a second on the clock when the ball landed and it would have been more of a crime to not allow them the kick than to do so.

+1. If they made a video about what a horse collar tackle looks like, they could use that one. Mind you, dude eventually let up and I've seen worse, but, not unlike a facemask, you don't have to rip the guy's head off to earn the flag, you just have to tug on the thing for a second.

Also, they obviously got the call right on the clock. Was it completely stupid on McCoy's part to even make it that close? No question. Is he lucky as hell the ball landed when it did? Absolutely. However, there was a second on the clock when the ball landed and it would have been more of a crime to not allow them the kick than to do so.

What is really funny is that Mack Brown still does not know the rule. He said yesterday that there was 2 seconds on the clock, as if the clock stops when the ball crosses the out of bounds line, not when it is grounded.....