[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas - Bama

Bonedaddies

OK- We are less than a month away, let the smack begin on who will be #1 when the season comes to an end. Let us first give a moment of silence for Boise St, TCU and Cinci as they are great teams with outstanding seasons and were left out of the title game for several reasons that have been posted and debated in many other threads, but on any given day could beat any team in the Nation.

Putting that behind us, we are down to 2 teams that many of us called early on in the season to be there in the end, it was the SEC champ (UF/Bama) winner against Texas if they ran the "cupcake" schedule, which they did. Other teams had a shot along the way, but we are now down to Bama and Texas, so answer the following five quick questions and post how you think the game will play out.

1) Who wins the game outright and why?

2) Your mortgage money on Bama (5.5) / Texas +5.5 who ya got?

3) Competitive game or one sided win & who?

4) Who are you rooting for and why:

a. Bama- Bama fan

b. Texas- Texas fan

c. Bama- Big 12 is over-rated

d. Texas- Can’t stand the SEC

e. Bama- SEC fan

f. Texas- Big 12 fan

g. Other- Explain

5) Who does an awkward chest bump toward the end of the game

a. Saban-Ingram

b. Brown-McCoy

How do you see the game playing out?

OK- We are less than a month away, let the smack begin on who will be #1 when the season comes to an end. Let us first give a moment of silence for Boise St, TCU and Cinci as they are great teams with outstanding seasons and were left out of the title game for several reasons that have been posted and debated in many other threads, but on any given day could beat any team in the Nation.

Putting that behind us, we are down to 2 teams that many of us called early on in the season to be there in the end, it was the SEC champ (UF/Bama) winner against Texas if they ran the "cupcake" schedule, which they did. Other teams had a shot along the way, but we are now down to Bama and Texas, so answer the following five quick questions and post how you think the game will play out.

1) Who wins the game outright and why? Texas. Sure, the Horns haven't played a powerhouse like Alabama this season, but they have a solid front seven that can gobble up the run in a hurry. Playmakers in the secondary will make the Tide's attempts at plays downfield very risky. Offensively, I think Colt McCoy will once again be efficient and if the OL holds up, can find his big athletes downfield. The key will be whichever Longhorn RB excels (if any).

2) Your mortgage money on Bama (5.5) / Texas +5.5 who ya got? Well, I'd never bet that much. :wacko: But I think UT can keep it close, if not win outright.

3) Competitive game or one sided win & who? Very competitive.

b. Texas- Texas fan

b. Brown-McCoy

How do you see the game playing out? Probably more scoring than the pundits are projecting. I think UT will score in double digits in the first quarter, but will be held without a score in the 2nd quarter. Crimson Tide may struggle early but will put points on the board in 2nd quarter. Longhorns have been a 2nd-half team this season and will make key adjustments at halftime. Third quarter could feature some turnovers and not much scoring. Fourth quarter will be all about Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley. 38-30 UT

Edited by darin3

1. Alabama... Hate to say that, but they win because they simply have the better defense. They've impressed me a lot since the LSU game, and thumping Florida like they did is by far the most impressive thing that anyone has done all year.

2. If I was a betting man, I could see Bama winning by a td and covering.

3. I think it will be a good game, with Bama winning by like I said, a td.

4. g other... Rooting for Texas because Alabama is one of my least favorite teams in all of college football. There head coach is the biggest a$$hole in college football.

5. c neither

I think Texas' offense will provide the toughest match up for the Alabama defense, and the Texas defense is good enough to keep the game low scoring, but that's how Alabama likes it anyway. I see a 17-10 game or something of that sort with the Tide winning the Mythical National Championship. I think the game being played on the west coast favors Texas, but Alabama is so outstanding defensively that I think they can offset that. If Ingram gets his touches, and Mcelroy doesn't turn the ball over, I just don't see them losing. Don't underestimate the Longhorns defense though. They've only had on real bad game, and that was against the Aggies, and the Aggies QB was playing out of his mind.

1. Texas wins. Ratting the defenses I would rate Alabama a 90 and Texas and 85. Offensively I rank the Alabama an 80 and Texas a 90. Special Teams I rate Alabama and 80 and Texas a 90. There is no doubt Alabama has the better defense, but Texas is better in the other two phases of the game.

2. I wouldn't bet on this game, because I never bet on college games.

3. It will be a competitive game, both defenses are too good to allow a blow out.

4. Texas - Texas fan from birth.

5. I see this game ending up with Texas winning 24-20. Like I said earlier Bama's defense is better but not much better, and Texas' offense and special teams are considerably better. I three turn overs in this game. Both QB's will throw a pick, but I see McElroy throwing two. I also see either Shipley or D.J. Monroe returning a kick for a TD, and that being the main difference in the game.

1. Bama wins. Lockdown defense, combined with an outstanding balance and Ingram will control the ball and the clock. Bama is SEC and battle-tested, with the Big 12 being so down, and UT playing no one out of conference, I flat out don't think they are that great of a team.

2. Bama - I see 34-17

3. close thru 1st half and Bama will wear them down - hoping for a good game, but I just don't see it.

4. Will just be rooting for a good, close game really, unless I do bet Bama - then Roll Tide!!!

5. Could be fairly close in the 1st half - but Bama will wear them down, get a big play or two and pull away

Here's my problem--I've seen very little of Texas this year. So I am basing my predictions on what I have read and my knowledge of Alabama. Therefore, it may be best to ignore my opinions.

Alabama.

Alabama

Alabama pulls away in the 2nd half.

e. Bama- SEC fan

No idea.

I was not surprised to see Alabama's defense stop Florida's offense (although I thought Florida would do better than what it did). However, I was extremely surprised in how Alabama's offense completely dictated the game to Florida's defense. The only reason Florida was undefeated was their defense. No one, since the Ole Miss game in 2008, has made Florida's defense look bad--Alabama did. I think the game will likely be close in the first half. By the second half, Alabama simply wears down Texas and wins by 20 (and NO! I will not bet anyone and give Texas 20 pts).

Bama. D is too tough and they are probably the most physical team in the country. As good as the Longhorns may be, any strength they have, I see an answer for on the Bama side of the ball. OU and Nebraska were the only legit Ds Texas faced this year and they held them to a total of 29 points in two games. Yes, Texas won both games but neither the Sooners nor the Huskers had good enough offenses this year to finish in the top 20. Special teams is, at best for UT, a wash. They have the better QB but can they keep him clean and will he have seen the schemes he'll see in this game? I don't think so. Brown and his staff with a month to prepare vs Saban and his?

I'll take Bama giving the points... if you held a gun to my head. I'm not a big gambler. I'd do $20 - $50 with someone I know here in person but don't call on me for a bet cuz I'm not betting someone over the innernets.

Pretty competitive but Bama by 10+. I see it much like the Florida game. You'll keep expecting the Horns to make a run to either pull away or comeback but it just won't happen and Bama's combination of physical play and athleticism will win the day.

Bama because one of my former athletes/students plays for them.

My drunk ass and the nearest person to me that shares my enthusiasm.

The Ds will be tough but the Tide, like most games this season, will stick to a game plan and wear Texas down. Not saying they'll shut them down because I believe Texas' O is better than Florida's but Texas will struggle much like they did in the OU and Nebraska games. Bama will force more turnovers than Texas and they will be more consistent in every faze of the game. The Longhorns will need 2-3 really big plays to win this game and I just don't see the Bama D or special teams giving that much away.

Texas wins the game and the NC

2) Your mortgage money on Bama (5.5) / Texas +5.5 who ya got?I never takes bets I have a 50/50 chance to lose, so I would go ahead and use that money for my extra mortgage payment next year!

3 weeks ago I would say Bama could not open this game up, after what they did to UF anything is possible, but this game will be within a score in the 4th quarter

b. Texas- Texas fan

C. Bevo and the NE Pats mascot (Bevo accepts cash)

I think the first drive will be a factor no matter who gets the ball first, emotions will be very high, a three and out that changes field position could have a 10-12 minute affect on the 1st half and who gets the upper hand. I see Ingram making a few big plays that lead to most of Bama's production and a possible turnover by TX that leads to another scoring op. I see McCoy rushing for 45 plus yards and I see a few long passes that lead to points for TX.

I see the game being 20-17 or 24-17 Bama with under 3 mins to go, TX and McCoy drive down and score to take the lead or force OT.

Final 24-20 Texas