[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss!

splotchman

Call it what you want, he probably does have a little gas left in the tank. But that's 7 straight quarters now that he's looked like he's running on empty. I don't see him busting out with a 2007-like season, or even 2008-like season in 2010. I will bet that he breaks 1000. But barely.

Wow, what do you want in a WR? 1000 yds not enough?

In the only league I managed to get him, he's the 2nd highest scoring WR. (We give extra for long TDs) That sounds like a lot of gas in the tank to me!

Wow, what do you want in a WR? 1000 yds not enough?

In the only league I managed to get him, he's the 2nd highest scoring WR. (We give extra for long TDs) That sounds like a lot of gas in the tank to me!

Everything looks fine on the surface with Moss this year. Same good numbers and in my local non-PPR with benchmark bonus' league he was the #1 WR coming into this week. The problem is when you look closer. For most Moss owners he was drafted in the first or at the turn of the second and he's had far too many weeks where he's lost games for their owners because he came up with less then even mediocre numbers. I think a lot of us expected Moss to have a year closer to 2007 where he had A LOT more TDs with Brady at the helm compared to Cassell, and at the very least I expected to see less games where he falls off the face of the planet not a repeat of last years 3 for 56 in week 14.

Because of where owners were forced to draft him, he has not performed up to expectations. Still, do not underestimate Randy this week, He's had more then a few monster games the week after laying an egg.

it's BRADY not MOSS that's the issue. moss runs behind the secondary even in double coverage at times, throws his hand up to signal brady for the ball. then he looks back and sees brady decided to go with welker in the checkdown/hotread/whatever.

and the problem with brady is strange. of course there's the knee injury, but manning got it together by halfseason last year. the OC this year pretty much is mediocre, and the oline is playing mediocre as well.

so fix the oline, maybe get some better playcalling by the OC, and brady should light it up. but of course, its not that easy for the oline to pick it up just like that.

having a nonD doesn't help either as it burdens brady to make plays with mediocre protection

not to mention he has missed the throw on most wide open deep balls

Edited by kickureface

Incorrect. I am a Patriots season ticket holder and am saying he's clearly on the downslope of his career and it's not going to get any better for him because I've seen it with my own eyes.

He's turning 33 at the end of the year and he isn't an effective player that can overcome top defenders like he used to. Revis shuts him down. The Panthers shut him down today. His back is also a chronic problem. He's dropping a lot of passes.

It's also become apparent that mentally he knows this and isn't "into it" anymore, either. He's going half-speed a lot on plays - plays where you DONT see him on TV. He's showing up late to meetings now, etc.

Call it what you want, he probably does have a little gas left in the tank. But that's 7 straight quarters now that he's looked like he's running on empty. I don't see him busting out with a 2007-like season, or even 2008-like season in 2010. I will bet that he breaks 1000. But barely.

PS- Brady hasn't been healthy since 2000.

We hear this stuff every year, yet he still catches TDs. The only point I can agree with you on is that he's getting older, just like every other human. His half speed is still faster than alot of people out there.

it's BRADY not MOSS that's the issue. moss runs behind the secondary even in double coverage at times, throws his hand up to signal brady for the ball. then he looks back and sees brady decided to go with welker in the checkdown/hotread/whatever.

and the problem with brady is strange. of course there's the knee injury, but manning got it together by halfseason last year. the OC this year pretty much is mediocre, and the oline is playing mediocre as well.

so fix the oline, maybe get some better playcalling by the OC, and brady should light it up. but of course, its not that easy for the oline to pick it up just like that.

having a nonD doesn't help either as it burdens brady to make plays with mediocre protection

not to mention he has missed the throw on most wide open deep balls

Do you think Brady woulod have gotten in Moss's face and chewed him out if Moss wasn't the issue? Do you think that it's ok for a professional WR to quit on his team because he is pouting that Brady throws too much to Welker? Have you really not been paying attention to Moss's career which clearly shows that despite being one of the most talented WR's to ever play the game, that he quite regularly quits on his team in the middle of a game? Were you asleep when Moss refused to make any attempt at playing football while he was with the Raiders?

You can try to point the finger in other areas, but if you don't also hold Moss accountable for his own failures (a predictable pattern I might add) then you're a fool. His opponents are now game-planning to get him to quit. Doesn't that tell you something?

Moss' opponents have been game-planning to get him to quit since his Minnesota days. How are you even from Minnesota and do not know this!? :wacko:

Where do you think the "I play when I want to" and the Randy-Ratio came from?

My personal feeling is it's a combination of Randy having a bad back and injuries to Brady and the O-line resulting in some inconsistent play. Then Randy just checks out. I feel Brady finds a way to get his buddy back on his feet and feeds him the ball like mad next week.

We hear this stuff every year, yet he still catches TDs. The only point I can agree with you on is that he's getting older, just like every other human. His half speed is still faster than alot of people out there.

Perhaps, it's very possible I'm premature in my negative evaluation. And TDs he does catch. He knows how to play the position and get open, veterans don't lose that.

I think the mental problems right NOW are a symptom of the fact that he isn't getting open and isn't getting the looks. And he doesn't like it. But why is it the case now? He's not getting open enough because of this injury....and that injury to Brady....and that defensive player on that defense is really good, etc., etc......and oops he just dropped that pass, well maybe it was just a miscommunication.

When you have to keep saying all those IFs...at some point, you just have to think that Moss maybe isn't as good as he used to be, because truly great players don't need every little thing to be going their way to have a good game. And right now Moss seems to. Welker keeps churning out receptions regardless. Injury, old age, attitude, whatever, Moss doesn't.

Your knowledge of history is correct, and I'm sure you have heard it and probably will hear it every year with Moss until it's true. I'm just saying you look at his career arc....at this point, it's possible he's past his prime.

Despite the wretched performance this past weekend, somehow the Randy Moss owner is facing me in the playoffs in both leagues where I was fortunate enough to make the playoffs. He's been so quiet of late, and all of the Carolina DBs talking about how he quit out there this past weekend... it all seems to add up to a bounce back for Moss. I can just see him dropping 8-165-2 on Buffalo this weekend to prove the naysayers wrong. I hope there is a blizzard there this weekend.

:wacko:

Despite the wretched performance this past weekend, somehow the Randy Moss owner is facing me in the playoffs in both leagues where I was fortunate enough to make the playoffs. He's been so quiet of late, and all of the Carolina DBs talking about how he quit out there this past weekend... it all seems to add up to a bounce back for Moss. I can just see him dropping 8-165-2 on Buffalo this weekend to prove the naysayers wrong. I hope there is a blizzard there this weekend.

:D

i hope there is a blizzard too. then he will have 3 deep td's. there's no db in the league that will cover him in the snow. expect alot of balls thrown to him in buffalo after belichek kissed his ass on national television after what he did against carolina. i am starting him over reggie wayne this week. i will have moss, welker, and d. jackson in my ppr league.

i hope there is a blizzard too. then he will have 3 deep td's. there's no db in the league that will cover him in the snow. expect alot of balls thrown to him in buffalo after belichek kissed his ass on national television after what he did against carolina. i am starting him over reggie wayne this week. i will have moss, welker, and d. jackson in my ppr league.

Per Weather Underground:

Forecast for Orchard Park Sunday Dec. 20

Chance of snow at game time

High 31.

:wacko:

Do you think Brady woulod have gotten in Moss's face and chewed him out if Moss wasn't the issue? Do you think that it's ok for a professional WR to quit on his team because he is pouting that Brady throws too much to Welker? Have you really not been paying attention to Moss's career which clearly shows that despite being one of the most talented WR's to ever play the game, that he quite regularly quits on his team in the middle of a game? Were you asleep when Moss refused to make any attempt at playing football while he was with the Raiders?

You can try to point the finger in other areas, but if you don't also hold Moss accountable for his own failures (a predictable pattern I might add) then you're a fool. His opponents are now game-planning to get him to quit. Doesn't that tell you something?

likewise, do you think there would be any of this kind of press on moss if brady were finally connecting on the td passes? he'd be near 12-15 td's by now.

griff got it right, although wayne/manning last year wasn't too great coming off a similar injury. this year, however, got much better. perhaps the same is true for brady/moss