[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jake Locker

bushwacked

maybe he's trying to figure out which sport is right for him. Also, he ain't poor like most college kids are, so that helps.

Worked out well for Peyton Manning compared to say Ryan Leaf or even Jamarcus Russell who both left school early to get some $$$$.

Perhaps Jake doesn't need the money right now and believes an extra year in school gaining experience will enhance his chances of making the real big bucks later on in those 2nd and 3rd NFL contracts. :wacko:

If he's good, he'll still get paid on contracts 2-3.

If he's going back for money reasons, then it's a huge mistake and a factual error.

That's the whole point. In his mind he might be thinking staying that extra year in college gives him the experience and maturity he needs to be a longtime QB in the NFL. Every kid is different. Apparently Sanchez didn't think he needed it. Only time will tell.

I have some ties to the Locker family and it's always been Jake's position to finish his senior year at the "Cut". For me, it's great to see a kid that isn't swayed by the almighty dollar but put's TEAM first and that's exactly what he's doing. He has gone through some very tough times at Washington and this program is on the brink of doing some very special things.

Jake wants to win, more than anything else, and he wants to leave the UW with a winning season and a bowl berth. He knows that he probably would have made more money by leaving this year but the kid chose to stay because he wants to finish his senior year. Instead of admiring him and praising him for his choice we're asking "why" and calling him an "idiot"? In my opinion, we need more Jake Lockers in collegiate sports. This kid gets it.

I have some ties to the Locker family and it's always been Jake's position to finish his senior year at the "Cut". For me, it's great to see a kid that isn't swayed by the almighty dollar but put's TEAM first and that's exactly what he's doing. He has gone through some very tough times at Washington and this program is on the brink of doing some very special things.

Jake wants to win, more than anything else, and he wants to leave the UW with a winning season and a bowl berth. He knows that he probably would have made more money by leaving this year but the kid chose to stay because he wants to finish his senior year. Instead of admiring him and praising him for his choice we're asking "why" and calling him an "idiot"? In my opinion, we need more Jake Lockers in collegiate sports. This kid gets it.

While this is all quite admirable, unless he's already loaded or set up some other way, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The vast majority of college attendees do so to better their marketability. Given, his "big board' status and the current CBA situation in the NFL, he will never be more marketable than he is right now. I guess it's possible that he'll be better off next year but...

Doing the honorable thing is more often than not the right way to go. I'm sure most of us agree with that. However, doing the fiscally responsible thing and moving on when a hugh opportunity presents itself is also, more often than not, the right way to go.

I'm quite certain that Sam Bradford, among others, is fresh in everyone's mind who might second guess Mr. Locker.