[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

great interview on health care

Azazello1313

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow the liberals here did a good job of deflections in the last two pages, not a thing about the issue at hand, just a bunch of "but Bush!"

Interesting graphic on US healthcare vs. some of those evil socialized "universal health care" countries.

LINK

Could the rather minute disparity be caused not so much due to medical care but the the higher standard of living, which affords more food and a more sedentary lifestyle? Could the lower number of doctors visits be because our doctors actually diagnose and treat the problem correctly the first time rather than having the patient come back several times. Could it also be because our medical facilities by in large are more sterile than those of other countries, thus limiting the possibility of infection caught at the doctor's office/ hospital? Just asking?

Wow the liberals here did a good job of deflections in the last two pages, not a thing about the issue at hand, just a bunch of "but Bush!"

Could the rather minute disparity be caused not so much due to medical care but the the higher standard of living, which affords more food and a more sedentary lifestyle? Could the lower number of doctors visits be because our doctors actually diagnose and treat the problem correctly the first time rather than having the patient come back several times. Could it also be because our medical facilities by in large are more sterile than those of other countries, thus limiting the possibility of infection caught at the doctor's office/ hospital? Just asking?

Perch . . according to the graph, we pay more for a lower life expectancy, and visit the doctor a LOT less.

Sooo you blame that on standard of living and sterile hospitals? :wacko:

Maybe there are less visits because people CANT AFFORD IT because it is TOO EXPENSIVE?

Plus we have a LOWER life expectancy? How is that possible with our "superior" sterile protocol, higher standard of living and awesome doctors that do such a great job "diagnosing and treating the problem correctly the first time"?

Those statements just dont jibe big fella . . . :D

Plus we have a LOWER life expectancy? How is that possible with our "superior" sterile protocol, higher standard of living and awesome doctors that do such a great job "diagnosing and treating the problem correctly the first time"?

We have a higher standard of living than most of the countries listed on the graph. The higher standard of living provides us with more "rich" foods such as red meat and refined sugars. Also due to a higher standard of living we have a much more sedentary lifestyle than those in many other countries. The combination of the two makes us the most obese country in the world which has an affect on life expectancy. How does that not jibe?

Edited by Perchoutofwater

We have a higher standard of living than most of the countries listed on the graph. The higher standard of living provides us with more "rich" foods such as red meat and refined sugars. Also due to a higher standard of living we have a much more sedentary lifestyle than those in many other countries. The combination of the two makes many of us the most obese country in the world which has an affect on life expectancy. How does that not jibe?

It doesnt jibe with your statement that since our doctors are so great, we visit the doctor less often and get less infections.

If we visit less, how is the COST more? :wacko: I doubt that is all in extra Purell . . . .

It doesnt jibe with your statement that since our doctors are so great, we visit the doctor less often and get less infections.

If we visit less, how is the COST more? :wacko: I doubt that is all in extra Purell . . . .

The cost is more due to diagnostic equipment, regulations (some of which are good and help promote cleanliness, some are just stupid and need to be done away with.). There are also other costs that no doubt could be trimmed without effecting the level of care, which we've gone over time and time again, in this thread.

I'd also add that to me quality of life is more important than quantity. How much of our quality of life are we going to give up through taxes?

Could it also be because our medical facilities by in large are more sterile than those of other countries, thus limiting the possibility of infection caught at the doctor's office/ hospital? Just asking?

I can personally attest NO to that.

How many countries on Square's link can you attest to?

A quick Google search found this:

Norway responded swiftly to initial MRSA outbreaks in the 1980s by cutting antibiotic use. Thus while they got ahead of the infection, the rest of the world fell behind.

In Norway, MRSA has accounted for less than 1 percent of staph infections for years. That compares to 80 percent in Japan, the world leader in MRSA; 44 percent in Israel; and 38 percent in Greece.

In the U.S., cases have soared and MRSA cost $6 billion last year. Rates have gone up from 2 percent in 1974 to 63 percent in 2004. And in the United Kingdom, they rose from about 2 percent in the early 1990s to about 45 percent, although an aggressive control program is now starting to work.

Japan is way worse and some other countries are better. This only includes MRSA though. MSSA, it's less virulent sibling, is also prevalent.

Could it also be because our medical facilities by in large are more sterile than those of other countries, thus limiting the possibility of infection caught at the doctor's office/ hospital?

You obviously havent been to the Cleveland Browns training facility . . . . the rugby team for Cameroon has more sterile facilities . . . :wacko:

Japan is way worse and some other countries are better. This only includes MRSA though. MSSA, it's less virulent sibling, is also prevalent.

If you've had surgery in the past few years, and did any type of research into staph rates in this country, it'd be one of the most worrisome aspect of the surgery. By far.

One small homogeneous country that you can attest to personally. What were you treated for in Norway?

Now I can personally attest that our hospitals are much cleaner than Mexico's. I still have a scar from walking out of a Mexican hospital rather than getting stitches because the hospital was just scary.

One small homogeneous country that you can attest to personally. What were you treated for in Norway?

Now I can personally attest that our hospitals are much cleaner than Mexico's. I still have a scar from walking out of a Mexican hospital rather than getting stitches because the hospital was just scary.

I unintentionally misled you, it seems. I pulled up the best I could in a short timeframe to show staph prevalence in various countries. My own personal staph infection (which may recur at any time) was contracted on the operating table right here in Minnesota.

If you've had surgery in the past few years, and did any type of research into staph rates in this country, it'd be one of the most worrisome aspect of the surgery. By far.

but i didn't get that info on the radio

Do you have any data that you can link to that compares our hospitals to those of the countries listed in squares link, or did you just here that on Air America Radio?

Do you have any data that you can link to that compares our hospitals to those of the countries listed in squares link, or did you just here that on Air America Radio?

No, I had a 5 inch slice put into my throat several years ago. BASIC INTERNET SEARCHES talked about the rate and rise of staph infections in this country.

I'll use your favorite phrases: go and google it yourself, it's quite simple.

No, I had a 5 inch slice put into my throat several years ago. BASIC INTERNET SEARCHES talked about the rate and rise of staph infections in this country.

I'll use your favorite phrases: go and google it yourself, it's quite simple.

I've never used that phrase. I don't argue that staph is on the rise, but if other countries are any better. Part of the reason staph is on the rise is because everyone can go to the doctor for the sniffles and only have a $20 copay, so more antibiotics are being prescribed. You can thank your government for meddling in the free market and screwing with wages for the rise in staph.

BTW, when did anecdotal evidence become OK to use? Most every time I've used it, it has usually been dismissed, or ridiculed?

I've never used that phrase. I don't argue that staph is on the rise, but if other countries are any better. Part of the reason staph is on the rise is because everyone can go to the doctor for the sniffles and only have a $20 copay, so more antibiotics are being prescribed. You can thank your government for meddling in the free market and screwing with wages for the rise in staph.

BTW, when did anecdotal evidence become OK to use? Most every time I've used it, it has usually been dismissed, or ridiculed?

You are so full of manure you can't even admit it.

When I had my surgery 2 years ago, the US was having so much problems with staph that being admitted as an American in a Canadian or European hospital meant that you were going to be put into isolation in order to prevent you from infecting other patients.

And you don't like to tell people to use the search function? Puh-lease. :wacko: