[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

great interview on health care

Azazello1313

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you agree that people go to the doctor with the sniffles a lot more than they did 75 years ago?

Would you then agree that many "illnesses" now get a z-pack or omixicilian when 75 years ago minor "illnesses" were just allowed to run their course?

Would you agree that the over use of antibiotics has brought about these resistant strains of staph?

Would you agree people are more likely to go to the doctor if they have an insignificant copay?

So would you agree that insignificant copays have in at least a small way increased resistant strains of staph?

When did insignificant copays start, and what were they in response to?

You are so full of manure you can't even admit it.

And you don't like to tell people to use the search function? Puh-lease. :wacko:

You are obviously confused, or at least I hope that is all it is. I may have used that phrase once or twice that is all. If after sobering up you still think that is a phrase I use often or even occasionally then link it up or shut up.

Would you agree that the over use of antibiotics has brought about these resistant strains of staph?

No idea (though the link to Norway earlier would seem to be supportive of this) but I do know that my staph was finally eliminated (or at least rendered dormant for the time being) by several different antibiotic combos.

You are obviously confused, or at least I hope that is all it is. I may have used that phrase once or twice that is all. If after sobering up you still think that is a phrase I use often or even occasionally then link it up or shut up.

Right - I'm not going to search the word 'search' on your whim, I'll rather simply remind you that all of your early tete a tete's with bpwallace consisted of you saying "search what I said in the past I'm not repeating it." If you've forgotten that already I guess you're the one who's drunk. :wacko:

Can I get a cue for bpwallace?

No, I had a 5 inch slice put into my throat several years ago. BASIC INTERNET SEARCHES talked about the rate and rise of staph infections in this country.

I'll use your favorite phrases: go and google it yourself, it's quite simple.

Wow you really are changing things up here aren't you! There is a big difference in the search feature in this forum and google. You are making a fool of yourself here.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Wow you really are changing things up here aren't you! There is a big difference in the search feature in this forum and google. You are making a fool of yourself here.

What? You type something into a box, hit enter and get pages of stuff to sort through. How the hell is that any different? No, your lovely use of "searsh for it" won't apply to you, so I guess it must be anecdotal. :wacko:

Yeah Perch . . . . you are pretty completely wrong here.

You directed me to "search your past threads" to glean more info on your past stances on many subjects. hell, you didnt even give this noob (me) a hint on what subjects to search . . . .

Pope is right . . . you directed me to "search for you" several times.

But it is all good Perch! I still look forward to drinking a "Lone Star" beer with you someday!

What? You type something into a box, hit enter and get pages of stuff to sort through. How the hell is that any different? No, your lovely use of "searsh for it" won't apply to you, so I guess it must be anecdotal. :D

You first said google, which I took exception to, now you switch horses midstream. Your argument is laughable, and I'm not going to spend anymore time on you here, as you are either drunk, stupid, or just trying to deflect from the points being made that you can't refute. Either way I'm not cluttering up this thread responding to anymore of your nonsense. If you make a legitimate point on the subject of this thread I will respond, but otherwise :wacko:

lots of idiotic noise in the last several pages, but getting back to the point of the original post, I think this little picture is highly relevant. (source)

That is actually a very relevant article. :wacko:

I would LOVE the death of the insurance monopoly on health care and put more of the burden back on the workers with an according rise in pay to offset the benfits they currently receive!

You first said google, which I took exception to, now you switch horses midstream. Your argument is laughable, and I'm not going to spend anymore time on you here, as you are either drunk, stupid, or just trying to deflect from the points being made that you can't refute. Either way I'm not cluttering up this thread responding to anymore of your nonsense. If you make a legitimate point on the subject of this thread I will respond, but otherwise :wacko:

Run, run fast but don't hurt yourself.

Ya know, just because I don't jump in lline like your employees doesn't mean I'm wrong: you love responding to pointed questions by telling people to look it up but gag on your own advice wheen given to you.

How convenient. Staph is worse here than other developed countries, FACT.

Would you agree that people go to the doctor with the sniffles a lot more than they did 75 years ago?

Would you then agree that many "illnesses" now get a z-pack or omixicilian when 75 years ago minor "illnesses" were just allowed to run their course?

Would you agree people are more likely to go to the doctor if they have an insignificant copay?

So would you agree that insignificant copays have in at least a small way increased resistant strains of staph?

When did insignificant copays start, and what were they in response to?

Anyone care to address these quesations?

I TOTALLY agree! The doctors are entirely to blame for over-prescribing drugs they used to get kickbacks for from the pharmacutecal companies. In fact, the entire medical community should be held to task for ALLOWING people to come in if they fell sick, and then prescribing them drugs they dont need . . . . .

I am glad you have seen the light on hos evil and controlling the medical industry and "big pharm" is Perch. I hope you will tirelessly rail against the evil cabal of doctors and insurance agancies ruining our health care system.

:wacko: Perch!

I TOTALLY agree! The doctors are entirely to blame for over-prescribing drugs they used to get kickbacks for from the pharmacutecal companies. In fact, the entire medical community should be held to task for ALLOWING people to come in if they fell sick, and then prescribing them drugs they dont need . . . . .

I am glad you have seen the light on hos evil and controlling the medical industry and "big pharm" is Perch. I hope you will tirelessly rail against the evil cabal of doctors and insurance agancies ruining our health care system.

:wacko: Perch!

There is no doubt that doctors over prescribe antibiotics. I question how much of it is due "big pharm" though I'm willing to concede that they might be a small part of it. I would think that a lot of it has to do with doctors that want to keep their patients, and their patients think they need a z-pack for a sinus infection (even though only 1 in 10 sinus infections are actually bacterial ). The doctors are afraid that the patients will basically fire them if they aren't given what they want. Yes the doctors are at fault, but if you didn't have people going to the doctor for the sniffles because hey what is a $20 copay, you wouldn't have the problem in the first place. Would you at least concede that?

There is no doubt that doctors over prescribe antibiotics. I question how much of it is due "big pharm" though I'm willing to concede that they might be a small part of it. I would think that a lot of it has to do with doctors that want to keep their patients, and their patients think they need a z-pack for a sinus infection (even though only 1 in 10 sinus infections are actually bacterial ). The doctors are afraid that the patients will basically fire them if they aren't given what they want. Yes the doctors are at fault, but if you didn't have people going to the doctor for the sniffles because hey what is a $20 copay, you wouldn't have the problem in the first place. Would you at least concede that?

Absolutely correct....I have three doctors...Primary Care, Urologist, and Gastro....they all pretty much prescribe what I ask for. They just need to see me once a year and then I can call in for many different drugs.

Absolutely correct....I have three doctors...Primary Care, Urologist, and Gastro....they all pretty much prescribe what I ask for. They just need to see me once a year and then I can call in for many different drugs.

Yep same here. I just give my doc a call a month before I take a long overseas flight and she says come on in for a checkup and then says here are some sleeping pills for the low cost of copay.

If I had to pay full price I would take the hassle of being tired when I arrive.

I would think that a lot of it has to do with doctors that want to keep their patients, and their patients think they need a z-pack for a sinus infection (even though only 1 in 10 sinus infections are actually bacterial ). The doctors are afraid that the patients will basically fire them if they aren't given what they want. Yes the doctors are at fault, but if you didn't have people going to the doctor for the sniffles because hey what is a $20 copay, you wouldn't have the problem in the first place. Would you at least concede that?

First . . :D at "firing their doctor". there are PLENTY of other patients for the low, low cost of a co-pay, as you pointed out. So it comes back to what is the best medical advice versus the most conveneint medical advice? When most docs make in excess of 200K a year, I doubt a person leaving cause they didnt get some unneccesary penicillin is doing to make a huge dent . . . unless they are getting incentives to prescribe a certain drug? :wacko:

I agree on the role insurance plays in the overuse of medical services. But if the docs DONT prescribe drugs that are unneeded, then they would be part of the solution, instead of an enabling part of the problem . . . right? :D Wouldnt that HELP defuse unneeded antibiotics being prescribed?

Bottom line is there is plenty of blame to go around, but I severely doubt anyone can say we are getting the best medical care relative to the price we pay for it . :D