[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Henry of Bengals passed away in car accident...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad and tragic. everyone knows that all reports were that henry was turning his life around and refocusing on family and football. the cincinnati enquirer had a great shot of his family with the 3 young kids a couple months back showcasing how henry was starting anew. everything right there in front of him and then this. who knows what was happening and i'm sure we will find out more details, but this just sounds like a freak, freak accident. if he falls out of that truck at a slightly different angle, he probably survives with some bumps and bruises ...

sad for this city as well. i watched many groan at mike brown giving henry one more chance and then watched further as the fans came around, recognizing that something was different with chris. who knows how true the conversion was but even the idea of it was enough to give some people hope.

i'll definitely miss him on the football field. he was fun to watch.

this, along with zimmer's wife, have made it quite a season of events. no idea how the teams stays focused this weekend and for the rest of the season ...

Gotta agree, Tone. This will be tough for the team. I'm not sure how they will focus. It's been obvious the last few weeks that Henry was that one missing piece that pulled the offense back together this year. He was too big a TD threat for Defenses to just let go. It helped Chad get open more too. I have to admit I was bummed when he broke his arm...that offense was fun to watch with him in there.

Sad for the fiancee and the 3 kids. I guess his MIL to be said they had been hanging out at the house planning their wedding. Whatever they argued about (and wedding planning makes everyone nuts), I'm sure it sounds so trivial now.

My heart goes out to their families. And to the Cincy faithful.

I'm sorry he died, but to be honest, I'm more sorry that this guy died:

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-soldier-k...,0,782053.story

:wacko:

This isnt about who everyone should feel more sorry for. This is smply about the tragic end of Henry's life after a turn of events that this kid went through.

Im sure everyone here feels as bad or worse for the men and women that have died in the military. But no one is comparing this to that at all.

sad and tragic. everyone knows that all reports were that henry was turning his life around and refocusing on family and football. the cincinnati enquirer had a great shot of his family with the 3 young kids a couple months back showcasing how henry was starting anew. everything right there in front of him and then this. who knows what was happening and i'm sure we will find out more details, but this just sounds like a freak, freak accident. if he falls out of that truck at a slightly different angle, he probably survives with some bumps and bruises ...

sad for this city as well. i watched many groan at mike brown giving henry one more chance and then watched further as the fans came around, recognizing that something was different with chris. who knows how true the conversion was but even the idea of it was enough to give some people hope.

i'll definitely miss him on the football field. he was fun to watch.

this, along with zimmer's wife, have made it quite a season of events. no idea how the teams stays focused this weekend and for the rest of the season ...

+1 on all counts

:wacko:

This isnt about who everyone should feel more sorry for. This is smply about the tragic end of Henry's life after a turn of events that this kid went through.

Im sure everyone here feels as bad or worse for the men and women that have died in the military. But no one is comparing this to that at all.

+1 ... sorry wiegie, this wasn't the place for some back-door attempt at anti-war sentiments. bad form. :D

+1 ... sorry wiegie, this wasn't the place for some back-door attempt at anti-war sentiments. bad form. :wacko:

uh, who the hell said I was against the war in Afghanistan?

My comment is more about the state of society: a football player from Cincinnati with a checkered past dies while doing something stupid and it warrants more than 1300 news stories and everyone is talking about what a tragedy it is; a Cincinnati police officer serving in Afghanistan gets killed and it gets mentioned in less than 100 news stories.

As I said, I'm sorry Henry died, but I am more sorry that Anthony Campbell died. If that makes me an ass, so be it; I can live with that.