[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Henry of Bengals passed away in car accident...

uh, who the hell said I was against the war in Afghanistan?

My comment is more about the state of society: a football player from Cincinnati with a checkered past dies while doing something stupid and it warrants more than 1300 news stories and everyone is talking about what a tragedy it is; a Cincinnati police officer serving in Afghanistan gets killed and it gets mentioned in less than 100 news stories.

As I said, I'm sorry Henry died, but I am more sorry that Anthony Campbell died. If that makes me an ass, so be it; I can live with that.

what a d1ck, and just a flat out dumbf*ck post - what exactly is ur point with this?

I watched the Bengals on HBO this summer, he seemed like a good kid and liked by all his teammates

RIP - Henry

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh, who the hell said I was against the war in Afghanistan?

My comment is more about the state of society: a football player from Cincinnati with a checkered past dies while doing something stupid and it warrants more than 1300 news stories and everyone is talking about what a tragedy it is; a Cincinnati police officer serving in Afghanistan gets killed and it gets mentioned in less than 100 news stories.

As I said, I'm sorry Henry died, but I am more sorry that Anthony Campbell died. If that makes me an ass, so be it; I can live with that.

I agree.

You have a valid point. However, this was probably not the place to state your views on the injustice of celebs getting more ink than honest to God decent people. You would have been better served by just posting about you being sorry Henry died and then started something in the TG about what gets pushed in the media and what doesn't and the inequity of the system.

Just a thought on why I was a bit unhappy with your post. Don't think less of you...but you could have done things a bit different and headed off being called out.

You have a valid point. However, this was probably not the place to state your views on the injustice of celebs getting more ink than honest to God decent people. You would have been better served by just posting about you being sorry Henry died and then started something in the TG about what gets pushed in the media and what doesn't and the inequity of the system.

Just a thought on why I was a bit unhappy with your post. Don't think less of you...but you could have done things a bit different and headed off being called out.

Very well said.

I know people have marital or extra-marital relationship problems, but I am still amazed when it escalates to this. This seems like it wasn't intentional, but the risk was there if the driver didn't immediately slow down and stop after he jumped in the back of the truck. McNair died due to a relationship situation and now this. Breaks my heart that children are involved.

Odd, on a message board where many don't bother to observe much of a grace period on making jokes about the deceased, weigie gets called out for simply being reminded of a rather annoying habit we as a country have of making a huge deal about when someone famous dies compared to people who have actually done good. If weigie was hanging out with Henry's family or something and brought this up, I could see that. But this is a forum who has devoted a number of threads to actually trashing this guy (and rightly so) while he was alive.

Does that warrant dancing on his grave? Certainly not. But that's not what weigie was doing.

Odd, on a message board where many don't bother to observe much of a grace period on making jokes about the deceased, weigie gets called out for simply being reminded of a rather annoying habit we as a country have of making a huge deal about when someone famous dies compared to people who have actually done good. If weigie was hanging out with Henry's family or something and brought this up, I could see that. But this is a forum who has devoted a number of threads to actually trashing this guy (and rightly so) while he was alive.

Does that warrant dancing on his grave? Certainly not. But that's not what weigie was doing.

read sky's post. he summed it up perfectly. nobody is arguing weigie's point. to come into the middle of people expressing their grief, however, and attempt to put yourself above that by introducing a "who's life is worthy of more grief" was inappropriate. sure, weigie could have done the right thing and started a forum on this topic in the tailgate, but coming off as as elitist jerk was more important to him.

funny you should chime in to his defense ...

I just heard about this and had no idea he was in an accident. Very sad and tragic. Thoughts and Prayers go out to his family. It is a shame when a young person passes, I hope his family will be able to make it through this difficult time.

read sky's post. he summed it up perfectly. nobody is arguing weigie's point. to come into the middle of people expressing their grief, however, and attempt to put yourself above that by introducing a "who's life is worthy of more grief" was inappropriate. sure, weigie could have done the right thing and started a forum on this topic in the tailgate, but coming off as as elitist jerk was more important to him.

funny you should chime in to his defense ...

Wow. Pot meet kettle.

For what it's worth, I mpstly (though not completely) regret my earlier post in this thread.

I just had gotten finished reading the article about the soldier and I was annoyed that Chris Henry was getting all of the attention.

It is what it is. I probably shouldn't have made my post in this thread.

For what it's worth, I mpstly (though not completely) regret my earlier post in this thread.

I just had gotten finished reading the article about the soldier and I was annoyed that Chris Henry was getting all of the attention.

No doubt most folks here would agree with you on your point. But the fact is, this is a Chris Henry thread. Thus, people are mourning his death, not anyone elses.

Dont worry dude... We all still love you.

:wacko:

if we can't get completely, we'll take mpstly ...

Odd you chose to honor a fallen serviceman in the middle of a thread about Chris Henry?

I would think this deserves a thread of his own.

No one would look at it or pay any attention to it. Go ahead and post it, I bet you would get less than 100 views and less than 10 posts.

Us Americans have our priorities mixed up, We think a "Celebrities" lives are more important than "Avergae Joe" ala. Michael Jackson, Johny Cash and even Billy Mays and many others. Any life lost is sad......