[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Likely Stat Corrections

Zestmon

Is anyone aware of possible or pending stat corrections, particularly a wacky TD ala Meachum a couple weeks back?

I have a 4 point lead and the tie breaker in our semi-final game. Both of us are finished except I have J. Campbell left to play. I'm considering benching him (accepted practice in this league) to secure the win. I believe the odds of J. Campbell going -5 are slightly higher than a 5 point stat correction in my opponent's favor. This league is hosted by ESPN.

Thank you!

In a fantasy league, scores should be considered final with the start of the next NFL game the following week. I am not 100% certain, but I believe the same is true with NFL statistics - they do not change them after the week they occur. I cannot remember any changes to an NFL stat beyond a few days from when they were created. It would be my guess that you have until around WED or THU of the following week at most and then it is a done deal to the NFL. No way can I imagine them changing stats several weeks later.

DMD is correct. Elias Sports Bureau goes through every play of every game to ensure accurate stats. Final changes occur every Thursday morning for the previous week. Changes are usually announced on NFL.com (i.e. a pass becomes a lateral).

After Thursday, that's it, stats are 'official'.

In a fantasy league, scores should be considered final with the start of the next NFL game the following week. I am not 100% certain, but I believe the same is true with NFL statistics - they do not change them after the week they occur. I cannot remember any changes to an NFL stat beyond a few days from when they were created. It would be my guess that you have until around WED or THU of the following week at most and then it is a done deal to the NFL. No way can I imagine them changing stats several weeks later.

To clarify, I'm concerned with a stat corrections in the coming days for this week only. I used Meachum as an example, since 6 point swings were still taking place mid-week.

Thank you!

I may be wrong about this, but I think stat changes can be made by Elias for 2 to 3 weeks after the games are played, but the "box score" stats are unaffected. These later changes go into a player's "annual stats" instead. :wacko:

As for stat changes in general, I hate late "adjustments". When the Monday game is over, I want to know if I won or lost, period. That means that I also could get the short end of a stat change that didn't go in my favor. Double edged sword, cuts both ways.

There is more joy in winning Monday night than there is in winning on Thursday. There is no greater disappointment than in LOSING on a Thursday with stat changes. I'll live with the game stats. When the games are done, I want my games to be done too. If the NFL ever starts changing games scores on Thursdays, I will revisit this issue. Till then....

If they change the Brees pass TD to a lateral I go from 3rd place to 5th place in 1 league where the top 4 make the championship round.

Any chance that one gets changed ? I sure hope not.

I actually tied in my semi-final game with a guy that had Brees. I'll advance based on the tie-breaker if all the scoring stays the same. With that said, I'm curious as to what they'll do (if anything) about that Bress/Moore play.

It would be a devastating loss after I had to sweat out all last night Minn DF scoring 5 or less and Longwell scoring 9 or less and that happened to be knocked out of the playoffs by less than 1 pt on that play turned into a run.

I think you also have to consider Arizonas last td, Warner to Boldin. It was originally considered a Boldin run for a td before they switched it to Warner pass to Boldin. I think this one might be more likely to change then the Brees to Meachem td. Both are possibilities though.

Wow, I watched it over and over, and changed my mind almost every time. It looks like he started the throw while ahead of Moore's spot, but as the arm swing is finished he is behind him. If where the ball is, the moment the ball leaves his hand determines a throw or not, I think it's probably a pass. If the QBs position determines it, Brees seems to be in front of Moore's position.

Whew, glad I don't need it one way or the other.

Wow, I watched it over and over, and changed my mind almost every time. It looks like he started the throw while ahead of Moore's spot, but as the arm swing is finished he is behind him. If where the ball is, the moment the ball leaves his hand determines a throw or not, I think it's probably a pass. If the QBs position determines it, Brees seems to be in front of Moore's position.

Whew, glad I don't need it one way or the other.

It really stinks to have to wait until Wed or Thurs to find out if I advance or not. I breathed a big sigh of relief at the end of the Minn game. I went into that game not expecting to pull to have pulled it out and then if I wake up Wed or Thurs go to the computer and see me move down from 3rd to 5th in this league it will be a hard pill to swallow.

I also have Warner and Boldin in leagues but the play won't affect me since I lost the Boldin team anyway and the Warner team is down 22 with Nicks and vs F-Davis so I assumed I lost that too...if somehow Nicks outscores Davis by exactly 22-26 pts and then it gets overtuned that be a wow.

As for stat changes in general, I hate late "adjustments". When the Monday game is over, I want to know if I won or lost, period. That means that I also could get the short end of a stat change that didn't go in my favor. Double edged sword, cuts both ways.

There is more joy in winning Monday night than there is in winning on Thursday. There is no greater disappointment than in LOSING on a Thursday with stat changes. I'll live with the game stats. When the games are done, I want my games to be done too. If the NFL ever starts changing games scores on Thursdays, I will revisit this issue. Till then....

So you rather win or lose because of a mistake and immediately know about it, then getting it right in the end but have to wait a bit to know it? Are you also not a fan of challenges or booth reviews too?

Curious to see what happens. My game ended in a tie, and I lost the tie-breaker (total tds scored) and my opponent had Warner. I hope somehow they overturn this. If anyone hears anything, keep it posted.

I have no dog in the race.....

I took some screen shots and posted them below. Dunno how they can't call this a lateral,

but that's not up to me to decide.

Pic 1 shows Brees dropping back and straddling the 9 yard line and Moore at about the 10 1/2 yard line

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2rq11d3&s=6

Pic 2 shows Brees, cocking his arm back, at the 9 1/2 yard line and Moore still at about the 10 1/2 yard line.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14trim8&s=6

Pic 3 shows Brees's arm MAY BE on the 10 yard line when he releases the ball but no further. His arm is just not that long.

Moore is clearly standing beyond the 10, left foot probably at the 10 1/2 yard line.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33nuqky&s=6

Pic 3 ball highlited. The ball is out of his hand at this point. Brees' left foot is at the 9 1/2, Moore is beyond the 10.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2gtoyv4&s=6

Pic 4 shows Brees landing, with his right foot, at about the 10 1/2 yard line but the ball is in flight

and between the right guard and right tackle at this point.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ja8m0p&s=6

These are not frame by frame snaps but I think they show the positions of both players and the ball

when the ball was released. Brees clearly releases the ball in front of Moore (9 1/2) and is throwing the ball backward.

Moore catches the ball behind where Brees released it (10 to 10 1/2).

So if the rule is where the QB releases it and where the Receiver catches it, then I see a lateral.

Brees' momentum, eventually lands him behind Moore, but I don't think that matters.

So you rather win or lose because of a mistake and immediately know about it, then getting it right in the end but have to wait a bit to know it? Are you also not a fan of challenges or booth reviews too?

Now, that is just silly. Of course I support challenges and reviews.

When the final whistle blows in an NFL game, the score is final too. There may have been some bad calls in that game. But when that whistle blows, I know if my Jets have won or lost. There is no uncertainty, no waiting for 4 days to see if the Jets won or lost. The game is over. I prefer the finality of watching the Monday night game and hitting the sack knowing if I won or lost.

Stat correections by the way, aren't only done on Thursdays. They can be adjusted weeks later. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. I would argue that there are NEVER 100% correct stats, especially in IDP leagues, where from on venue to the next the scorers can vary widely in how tackles and assists are doled out. I've seen passed defensed not credited many, many times. Revis lost at least 2 this past Sunday.

So, the bottom line is that there will always be errors in stat accumulations. A yard here, a yard there... it's simple. I want to know if I won or lost when the final whistle blows on Monday night. I'll live with the result either way. It's just my personal preference.

I may be wrong about this, but I think stat changes can be made by Elias for 2 to 3 weeks after the games are played, but the "box score" stats are unaffected. These later changes go into a player's "annual stats" instead.

ya the key changes like lateral/pass changes should be finalized Thursdays. It does suck when PDs and tackles are missed but noone is going to wait weeks for these things. In our IDP league thursdays we make everything official. I have seen someone's win reversed into a loss once in 6 years.

In standard/PPR leagues, a common mistake is a fumble credited to a RB when it should go to a QB (botched handoffs are always on the qb). Again Elias takes care of these things by thursday.

Good luck with the warner to boldin thingie...whatever it is you want to call it!

Jared Allen should be awarded another 1/2 sack....he had 1 on his own that created a fumble and then split another with winfield but his stat line just shows the 1 sack(looks like he got the assist for it but not the 1/2 sack)

Hey Keggerz. The play you detailed above is critical for my fantasy run. My league awards an extra 1 pt for 8-10 solo tackles (IDP) and 2 points for a sack, 1 point for a half sack. They guy I played had Winfield. He was given a solo tackle and a full sack, yet on the NFL stats J Allen was awarded an assist, but no half sack. Is it possible that someone could receive a full sack while another guy gets an assist but no half sack? I lost by two points but have the tiebreaker. If they amend the stats for Winfield to 7-1 .5 sacks he loses two points, the game is tied and I am in the Super Bowl. Your thoughts?

Hey Keggerz. The play you detailed above is critical for my fantasy run. My league awards an extra 1 pt for 8-10 solo tackles (IDP) and 2 points for a sack, 1 point for a half sack. They guy I played had Winfield. He was given a solo tackle and a full sack, yet on the NFL stats J Allen was awarded an assist, but no half sack. Is it possible that someone could receive a full sack while another guy gets an assist but no half sack? I lost by two points but have the tiebreaker. If they amend the stats for Winfield to 7-1 .5 sacks he loses two points, the game is tied and I am in the Super Bowl. Your thoughts?

I have never seen someone awarded an assist on a sack not get a half sack and as I understand scoring it looks like an error to me...i dont own winfield so I didnt calculate his totals but I don't know if he got a half or solo on that sack....if it wasnt a sack then winfield could get solo and allen an assist but i have never seen sack split where someone got the solo and full sack and someone else got just an assist....hopefully it will get corrected....if it was just a tackle error it might not get fixed since tackles are not official stats but sacks are so I think it should be fixed

I have never seen someone awarded an assist on a sack not get a half sack and as I understand scoring it looks like an error to me...i dont own winfield so I didnt calculate his totals but I don't know if he got a half or solo on that sack....if it wasnt a sack then winfield could get solo and allen an assist but i have never seen sack split where someone got the solo and full sack and someone else got just an assist....hopefully it will get corrected....if it was just a tackle error it might not get fixed since tackles are not official stats but sacks are so I think it should be fixed

It was a sack I saw the replay, Winfield hit him a split second before Allen, but Moore was on his feet until both guys pulled him to the ground. I am hopeful on this one. We'll see Thursday.

Also this camera angle is not straight down the 10 yard line so if they have no other camera angle it should stand as a TD pass.

From this angle it shows him catching the ball at the 10 yard line or just inside ... does not matter where his feet are it's where he catches it and has control.

this is what a split sack looks like (at least i think it usually does)

(2:17) (Shotgun) 11-D.Culpepper sacked at DET 24 for -11 yards (sack split by 24-A.Wilson and 53-C.Haggans).

3rd Down Attempt Failed: DET Sack Yards (Offense): DET 11 (D.Culpepper), -11 yards 1/2 Sack Yards (Defense): ARZ 24 (A.Wilson), -

11 yards 1/2 Sack Yards (Defense): ARZ 53 (C.Haggans), -11 yards Quarterback Hit: ARZ 24 (A.Wilson) Quarterback Hit: ARZ 53

(C.Haggans) Tackle Assist: ARZ 24 (A.Wilson) Tackle Assist: ARZ 53 (C.Haggans)

This is what the Allen/Winfield Sack is currently recorded as:

(:12) 3-M.Moore sacked at MIN 42 for -6 yards (26-A.Winfield, 69-J.Allen).

Sack Yards (Offense): CAR 3 (M.Moore), -6 yards Sack Yards (Defense): MIN 26 (A.Winfield), -6 yards Quarterback Hit: MIN 26

(A.Winfield) Assisted Tackle: MIN 26 (A.Winfield) Tackle Assist: MIN 69 (J.Allen) Tackle for a Loss: MIN 26 (A.Winfield)