[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where can I buy a Chess Set?

electricrelish

Any ideas where I can get a nice chess set? Not a $300 one, but a $50-$70 is OK. Trying to get a better one than just the standard plastic one for kids.

This is a last minute X-mas gift, so I don't have time to order it online. I'm in the Charlotte, NC area. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by electricrelish

Any ideas where I can get a nice chess set? This is a last minute X-mas gift, so I don't have time to order it online. I'm in the Charlotte, NC area. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Target. I was in line behind a lady buying exactly that in Target a couple days ago.

Any ideas where I can get a nice chess set? This is a last minute X-mas gift, so I don't have time to order it online. I'm in the Charlotte, NC area. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Saw one at Borders last night, $19.99. Simple, classic design and pretty nice.

Thanks. Great suggestions. I actually looked at Target.com, but I can't tell what they sell in the store and what is only online. I will run by there today. One thing I forgot to mention is that I am looking a nice looking set. Not a $300 one, but a $50-$70 is OK. Trying to get a better one than just the standard plastic one for kids. Thanks.

Edited by electricrelish

Target online is really just a version of Amazon.com.

There is ZERO relationship between the online version and the bricks-and-mortar store. You cannot return online purchases to the store and there is no inventory relationship.

A friend of mine is the Team Store Lead here and everyday he gets questions about their website. He's been told not to go overboard explaining that there's no relationship whatsoever and it's quite annoying.

They're the only big company I know of who's like that.

OK, thanks. I won't go in there asking for this one that I saw on the website.

They're the only big company I know of who's like that.

I believe Toys R Us is similar, at least in that their online site is (or at least was) run by Amazon.

As for the chess set, many malls have Game stores (one of our local malls has a place called "Game Master", and they carry nice chess sets such as you describe. May want to check the directories of local malls to see if you can find a similar store

I believe Toys R Us is similar, at least in that their online site is (or at least was) run by Amazon.

As for the chess set, many malls have Game stores (one of our local malls has a place called "Game Master", and they carry nice chess sets such as you describe. May want to check the directories of local malls to see if you can find a similar store

You can often find good ones at Pier One, or world market, as well.