[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 2010 Book Thread

CaP'N GRuNGe

A few days early, but why not? I intend to read more in 2010.

I got a few books for Christmas / my birthday:

Subterranean - James Rollins first book

The Templar Legacy - Steve Berry (my first of his)

Seven Deadly Wonders - Matthew Reilly (my first of his)

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand (guy at work has been pestering me to read for a while now)

Thriller - Anthology of Thriller Short Stories from like 32 thriller authors

I had been reading the Rollins' Sigma Force books and was just about half way through The Last Oracle but have left it for quite a while so might need to start over (hate that).

My brother-in-law has been on a reading frenzy and has read 2-3 Preston/Child books starting with The Relic in a couple of days each. I think i need to check into those soon too.

So whatcha reading? :wacko:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few days early, but why not? I intend to read more in 2010.

I got a few books for Christmas / my birthday:

Subterranean - James Rollins first book

The Templar Legacy - Steve Berry (my first of his)

Seven Deadly Wonders - Matthew Reilly (my first of his)

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand (guy at work has been pestering me to read for a while now)

Thriller - Anthology of Thriller Short Stories from like 32 thriller authors

I had been reading the Rollins' Sigma Force books and was just about half way through The Last Oracle but have left it for quite a while so might need to start over (hate that).

My brother-in-law has been on a reading frenzy and has read 2-3 Preston/Child books starting with The Relic in a couple of days each. I think i need to check into those soon too.

So whatcha reading? :wacko:

I just read Rollins' Sandstorm, the first Sigma Force book - great stuff.

Not a fan of Berry.

Matthew Reilly is awesome. His next book comes out next week.

I'm currently reading Cemetery Dance by Preston/Child. The Pendergast novels are excellent.

On deck are Under the Dome by Stephen King, John Dies at the End by David Wong, King Dork by Frank Portman, Heavier than Heaven (Kurt Cobain bio) and Map of Bones by James Rollins.

I also plan on rereading Peter Hamilton's Nights Dawn trilogy which is probably the best, most epic books I've read.

Just finished The lost symbol by Dan Brown

I'm all caught up on the sigma series and have read all of Rollins other books so I've been reading the Philip mercer series by jack du brul. I think I'm on the fourth book Pandoras Box.

Good to see that Reilly's new book is coming out next week, I'll definitely pick that one up.

Edited by twiley

I don't like hardcovers (price nor size), so i wait until paperbacks come out. I wish the e-book readers were a bit cheaper, i might just convert to one of those someday. I have to become more of a consistent reader to justify the expense though. Nice to have the 9.99 price and instant downloads, ability to browse books before purchase, etc with them though I bet.

Been reading Rollin's 'Amazonia' but can't quite make it through...it's okay but a bit tedious in places.

Probably grab Clive Cussler's new Dirk Pitt novel 'Arctic Drift'...the first one's were really good but the later ones, with his twins, haven't been that great...

I'd recommend 'True Evil' by Greg Iles if you haven't read anything by him...great read if you like sci-fi/thrillers in the vein of Crichton/Robin Cook

Been reading Rollin's 'Amazonia' but can't quite make it through...it's okay but a bit tedious in places.

I read Subterranean, Amazonia, and Deep Fathom prior to starting the Sigma Force books.

I enjoyed Subterranean and Amazonia. I finished, but didn't like Deep Fathom. I stopped reading Excavation 1/2 of the way through.

Thankfully, his Sigma Force novels are far superior than his earlier work.

I wish there was more Brandon Sanderson to read out there. Anyone into fantasy should give his Mistborn series a go. Terrific fun.

I plan to read the WOT series just because he is finishing it. That's going to take awhile...

I wish there was more Brandon Sanderson to read out there. Anyone into fantasy should give his Mistborn series a go. Terrific fun.

I plan to read the WOT series just because he is finishing it. That's going to take awhile...

I could be wrong, but I think i saw this series as a package deal at B & N.

Seems like this thread turned into a James Rollins commercial. :wacko: I'll hop on board: just finished Map of Bones after reading Sandstorm...both good reads. I'm tackling Stephen King's Under the Dome now. After that I'll probably go back to the Sigma Series with the next book in line..Black Order.

Seems like this thread turned into a James Rollins commercial. :wacko: I'll hop on board: just finished Map of Bones after reading Sandstorm...both good reads. I'm tackling Stephen King's Under the Dome now. After that I'll probably go back to the Sigma Series with the next book in line..Black Order.

Indirect social media marketing at its finest. :D