[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most pain you've ever been in?

BeeR

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I immediately thought kidney stone too, sorry you had to endure this, I hear they have burs, like sticker-burs as my mom called them, cutting you all the way thru....but of course, being a woman, my 1st c-section was horribly painful, not even valium worked, plus I was afraid to take them due to breast-feeding, imagine being gutted like a fish, or quartered and drawed, then stapled back together, I was the hunchback of notre dame for several weeks, couldn't even stand up straight without immense pulling of the abdomen, don't even want to think about coughing, even walking stairs was a major hurdle... Stangely, round 2 was a piece of cake! Hope you get to feelin better soon!

Saw the thread title and immediately clicked to say KIDNEY STONE. No freaking question. I hear you man.

My doctor said he has heard women compare it to giving birth. If true women are totally nuts not to get drugged up for that. My sympathies to you too or anyone who has that.

The POS ER unit is a whole other story.....Bin Laden woulda been proud though.

Never had a stone, but appendicitis is real bad especially when it's a stage below bursting which is what I had!

I've heard stones are nasty and was in the ER when a guy was humped over a pay telephone groaning and grunting like a mofo. I asked a nurse what his problem was and she said kidney stones. :wacko: Must be bad.

My doctor said he has heard women compare it to giving birth. If true women are totally nuts not to get drugged up for that. My sympathies to you too or anyone who has that.

The POS ER unit is a whole other story.....Bin Laden woulda been proud though.

why dont they give a painkiller then?

I immediately thought kidney stone too, sorry you had to endure this, I hear they have burs, like sticker-burs as my mom called them, cutting you all the way thru....but of course, being a woman, my 1st c-section was horribly painful, not even valium worked, plus I was afraid to take them due to breast-feeding, imagine being gutted like a fish, or quartered and drawed, then stapled back together, I was the hunchback of notre dame for several weeks, couldn't even stand up straight without immense pulling of the abdomen, don't even want to think about coughing, even walking stairs was a major hurdle... Stangely, round 2 was a piece of cake! Hope you get to feelin better soon!

Given what I just said above, I have an entirely new respect for women giving birth (not that I didn't already). I would demand the strongest drugs possible. Valium? Bag that weeny BS and pass the morphine!

+1

the morphine+vicodine combination helped though

I hope vicodine (what they gave me a presc for) on its own is enough to allow me to drive to ER if this resurfaces. Honestly it puts my stomach in a knot just thinking about it.

And major ouch to these other examples, I don't even wanna think about those either :wacko:

http://www.webmd.com/kidney-stones/kidney-...eases-your-risk

I STRONGLY recommend people read this. I have been hitting the salty foods heavily lately and don't drink much water. Till now that is. Here I thought it just might put my blood pressure up a bit, no big. D'oh. Thought it was esp interesting that dark green veg's, high levels of protein, aspirin, and antacids can also contribute. I've been hitting all of those for various reasons, including thinking it was healthy. :wacko:

Edited by BeeR

The most pain I have ever been in ?

I once had a cystoscopy done. If you dont know what that is here is a cystoscope. Every man think of the one place on your body that you would never want the cystoscope to ever enter. Then you can imagine the worst pain I ever felt in my life

Playing football as a kid, about 10 or so... Tackled, broke my thumb & bit into my lower lip which got infected & abscessed. It literally looked like & was holding a large marble in my lower lip. For two months I had to make regular visits to the doctor who would lance it & squeeze it like a pimple with no painkiller. It took the doctor, nurse & my Dad to hold me still in order to do it. To add insult to injury, literally, I would also have to get a penicillin shot in my ass with every other visit. The first one gave me a bruise the size of a softball & the knot took several days to go down. To this day I still have an aversion to needles. I can sit & watch the podiatrist rip out a section of my toenail, but I have to sit back & think happy thoughts when he does the needle.

Picking shards of cable out of my shin after running it over with the lawnmower was a joy as well, but a distant second.

My father-in-law had one that was so large the doctors had to bombard it with sounds waves to break it up. The same theory on why we don't shoot nukes at asteroids applied here. He spent days passing dozens of small broken up pieces of the stone though he said it wasn't that bad compared to others.

the worst pain I suffered came when I was running one morning when I was in the service. My platoon was finishing up one of our 2m runs for PT. It was still dark outside and the side of Fort Jackson we were in there weren't too many street lights. The last 30 yards of our run is where Drill Sgt roberts would yell at us to spring as fast as we could....a full balls out run. One morning while in that last 30 yards my right foot came down to strike the pavement however there was nothing there. Someone left a manhole open and I came down in step perfectly to the hole, my foot didn't hit any of the lip or sides....just empty space. So just imagine running as fast as you humanly can and then stepping into an uncovered manhole. It was god awful. My leg and stomach looked like bad road rash from dumping a bike.

The closest I can get to any of that:

I was about 17yrs old and getting some dental work done on a tooth that had chipped off at a wierd angle when I was a little kid. Tried to cap it then, but it kept falling off. It didn't hurt, so I just sorta didn't worry about it.

Well, now it's time for college and mom wants to make sure I have a purdy smile; get that tooth fixed.

Ok, mom.

Well, apparently, the nerves in your teeth can grow in places they're not supposed to if your tooth is chipped and remains uncapped for several years.

The dentist gave me (iirc) 15 shots to try to get the nerve in that tooth that they had to shave down with the grinder. They never did deaden that thing.

So, she just shaved away. With no pain meds.

It hurt so bad that I ripped the armrest off the chair.

Thank goodness the cap is still on the tooth 20yrs later!