[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most pain you've ever been in?

BeeR

Dislocated and tore almost every tendon in my ankle/foot during football practice in college. My ankle was lying at a very unnatural angle and not moving at all . . .

I may have some shoulder surgery coming up pretty soon . . not looking forward to that.

Also had surgery to repair a detached retina. The eye didnt hurt but all the muscles around the eye looked like I was beat with a baseball bat. The headaches were BRUTAL. Also the fact my eye had stitches in it that itched for week wasnt fun either.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAURKICE POUNCEY (Florida Gator offensive lineman)

How tough is Maurkice Pouncey? After spending five hours in Tulane Hospital passing kidney stones, the center was cleared to play and started the game. He came out in the second half only because he began passing another kidney stone. Wow.

Pouncey thinks you are a pussslly.

For me it was the pain during the first few days of recovery from a spinal fusion procedure. Every time I moved my back I was in agony. Thank God for Dilaudid!!

I had appendicitis when I was 17. That was pretty bad considering I felt pain for about 2 days before I couldn't handle it anymore.

Also had two kidney stones before. Horrible. The worst part about the kidney stones is when the stone moves from higher up in your back (near the kidneys) to the front (just in from your hip). My second kidney stone hurt so bad that I was sick to my stomach.

tf, I hear ya. Oddly the cramps/etc I had right after for several days gradually subsided (in fact I only got at night and I suspect might have been nerves as much as anything) so if I passed it, it musta dissolved or broken up or something. Been week and a half now and I think the longest is rarely more than a couple weeks. Or maybe the flomax drugs helped. Who knows I just think/hope it's over. Not stopping the water inflow though, or the cutting back on salt and meats. Sucks, but beats the flip out of another stone.

Edited by BeeR

tf, I hear ya. Oddly the cramps/etc I had right after for several days gradually subsided (in fact I only got at night and I suspect might have been nerves as much as anything) so if I passed it, it musta dissolved or broken up or something. Been week and a half now and I think the longest is rarely more than a couple weeks. Or maybe the flomax drugs helped. Who knows I just think/hope it's over. Not stopping the water inflow though, or the cutting back on salt and meats. Sucks, but beats the flip out of another stone.

I actually started drinking demineralized water. Laying off the salt and meat also helps.

Hopefully you managed to get rid of yours.

Thx - as I say, not sure so really laying low for at least another week, but even after that definitely cutting back on salt and meats. Booze too. :wacko: Really changed my grocery shoppin. I'm all but dissing the snack aisle now and instead of buying chicken breasts n brats etc, I'm buying more pasta, veggie.....and I like all that good enough, but I'm sure gonna miss the really good stuff. Sucks, but of course not nearly as bad as having kidney stones.

• 5 months later...

Thursday nite had a pain that almost had me in tears and ended with me in the ER...thought it was something to do with my herniated disc but it ended up being a 6mm kidney stone...got torodol while in the ER for the pain..sent home with Percocets and some other stuff to try and pass it naturally...saw a urologist on Monday because I hadn't passed it yet....the pain has subsided but I haven't passed it yet :wacko: If I still haven't passed it by next week when I go to see the urologist it looks like I will have to go thru the same thing that Whomp did...to make matters worse they will need to put a stent in and then remove it a week after the initial "surgery" :tup:

Thursday nite had a pain that almost had me in tears and ended with me in the ER...thought it was something to do with my herniated disc but it ended up being a 6mm kidney stone...got torodol while in the ER for the pain..sent home with Percocets and some other stuff to try and pass it naturally...saw a urologist on Monday because I hadn't passed it yet....the pain has subsided but I haven't passed it yet :wacko: If I still haven't passed it by next week when I go to see the urologist it looks like I will have to go thru the same thing that Whomp did...to make matters worse they will need to put a stent in and then remove it a week after the initial "surgery" :tup:

:tup: Lets hope you pass it on your own. As painful as that may be at least , with this stone, it will be over with. Prayers to you bro.

One hit after another... Hope you get better soon.

Tore my mcl and meniscus at the same time. Second baseman jumped to catch a ball and landed right above my ankle as I slid into the base. Resettindislocated wrist was pretty bad as well.

Edited by mrip

After the surgery on my ruptured achilles the doc told me to go ahead and take the pain pills when I got home, they take about 30 minutes to kick in and that would be too long if I waited until I could feel some pain in my ankle where they did the surgery. The reason being is that once you begin to feel pain the anesthesia has worn off and will go bye, bye almost immediately. Well, I didn't heed his advice. Started to feel pain popped a pill and sat there in excruciating pain for about 30 minutes, I mean blinding, searing pain... It sucked bad.

Dunno if it was the "worst", but some knucklehead kamikazed the net and rolled up onto my ankle Sunday during v-ball.

Popped in and out quickly, did not feel good.

"Almost" in tears? I absolutely was in tears, still can't believe how much that hurt. ouch, sorry to hear, hope it goes well.

That spermicide that they put in condoms didn't feel too good. :wacko:

Standing next to my brother while he hit a softball with a bat wasn't such a good idea either. Luckily it hit me in the arm. I knew that this was going to suck even before the pain hit. I was probably about 10 at the time.

The time I fell about 10 feet and landed flat on my back and head onto cement wasn't so great.

Both times that I had my toe nail ripped off wasn't too fun. One time I was hiding behind my brothers bedroom door and he opened it and my toenail went back as the door opened and it pulled the nail off. The other time a tongue from a wagon fell onto my toe when a tractor drove off after it was getting unhitched from the wagon. I didn't realize that gravity was such a beatch back then. The toenail turned blue and fell off the next day that time.

Growing up on a farm there were plenty of times when I got pinched, poked, and pulled by machinery that didn't feel too good.

That spermicide that they put in condoms didn't feel too good. :wacko:

Standing next to my brother while he hit a softball with a bat wasn't such a good idea either. Luckily it hit me in the arm. I knew that this was going to suck even before the pain hit. I was probably about 10 at the time.

The time I fell about 10 feet and landed flat on my back and head onto cement wasn't so great.

Both times that I had my toe nail ripped off wasn't too fun. One time I was hiding behind my brothers bedroom door and he opened it and my toenail went back as the door opened and it pulled the nail off. The other time a tongue from a wagon fell onto my toe when a tractor drove off after it was getting unhitched from the wagon. I didn't realize that gravity was such a beatch back then. The toenail turned blue and fell off the next day that time.

Growing up on a farm there were plenty of times when I got pinched, poked, and pulled by machinery that didn't feel too good.

I know what you mean about the condoms, but have you ever used the foam? Wife and I did on the honeymoon. I thought I was pizzing broken glass and razorwire for 3 days.

I know what you mean about the condoms, but have you ever used the foam? Wife and I did on the honeymoon. I thought I was pizzing broken glass and razorwire for 3 days.

Yea, that was the same experience. At least the vasectomy only hurt once.

I had the same thing mentioned above with having my Appendix removed shortly before it was about to explode. I remember that it was the same year that Jimmy Smith had his removed. He said that he was going to get back out on the field shortly after. You couldn't have paid me enough money to say the same thing.

Edited by MikesVikes

I thought Jimmy was playing for the Jags at the time. I don't remember all of this story...

After missing much of the 1992 season with a broken leg, early in 1993 he underwent an emergency appendectomy which led to a severe infection and was nearly fatal. In the aftermath, a dispute broke out between Smith and Cowboy owner Jerry Jones, who claimed that, since the condition wasn't football related, the Cowboys should not have to pay Smith for the 1993 season Smith spent all of 1993 on the injured reserve list.

link