[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most pain you've ever been in?

BeeR

What happened? :wacko:

Nothing and that is the problem...go in tomorrow for ureteroscopy ...at least they are gonna knock me out

to share my pain a visual for you guys::tup:

Edit: and after reading this I am just all smiles :sarcasm: http://www.dentonurology.com/urs.html

time to step away from google, webMD etc

oh and I go in tomm at 1:30 PM so I even get to think about it all day long while I am not allowed to eat or drink anything

Edited by keggerz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing and that is the problem...go in tomorrow for ureteroscopy ...at least they are gonna knock me out

to share my pain a visual for you guys::tup:

Edit: and after reading this I am just all smiles :sarcasm: http://www.dentonurology.com/urs.html

time to step away from google, webMD etc

oh and I go in tomm at 1:30 PM so I even get to think about it all day long while I am not allowed to eat or drink anything

:wacko: Good luck brother . Our thoughts are with you

thanks...home now & resting...looks like things went well...will post better update tomm when I have fewer cobwebs

I hate having procedures that I can't pronounce and that's most of them.

Take care, my friend.

thanks...home now & resting...looks like things went well...will post better update tomm when I have fewer cobwebs

Good news! :wacko:

I know what you mean about the condoms, but have you ever used the foam? Wife and I did on the honeymoon. I thought I was pizzing broken glass and razorwire for 3 days.

They weren't able to get my stone out in 1 piece so they hit it with the laser and broke it into 3 major pieces...not I say MAJOR, that means that I have "shrapnel" left to pass. Well I had to urinate at the hospital after the surgery before they would let me go home....let's just say that I did and from that 1st time to right now I feel like I am passing shrapnel that feels like broken glass and razor wire too.

Here is how things went down...was scheduled to go to the hospital at 1:30 for a 3:30 procedure yesterday. Wasn't allowed to drink or eat anything after midnight. Well, at about 12:10am I got an excruciating pain in my lower right side from the stone. The pain started to escalate and was almost like the pain that took me to the ER just 2 weeks ago. Wasn't quite that bad but it was probably about a 7 out of 10 on the pain scale. I said screw it and took 2 percocets even though I wasn't supposed to eat or drink after 12am. Took the percs around 12:30am and just figured I would tell that doc (also only took a small sip of water with them)...I got all of like 2 hours of broken sleep from the pain...at 7am I decide to call the doc and ask if I can take more percocets because the pain is still in the 6-8 range...he says that I can take 2 more and that if my pain gets worse or I can't stand it that I can go to the hospital early and tell them why I am early and the anesthetist would be able to get me something for the pain. The percs barely took the edge off but by 9am I was really starting to feel nauseated on top of the pain. Taking percs on an empty stomach was the culprit. At one point I sorta dry-heaved but never did throw up....well about 10am I finally puked...what little "water" I had in my stomach but still in pain and feeling horrible from the nausea and vomiting I decided to call my wife and have her take me to the hospital early.

Get to the hospital at 11am....I am in bad shape, dizzy, nauseous and feel like I am going to puke so they hustle me up to the 2nd floor so that I can be tended to. Well I sat there waiting about 30-45mins for a nurse...when I finally got in they took vitals...the anesthesiologist came in to go over stuff with me... still no pain meds or even an IV yet....end up getting an IV for fluids around 12:00pm ish....and finally around 12:15 they give me some Fentanyl (which is like 100 time stronger than morphine) and believe it or not it barely took the edge off my pain....then I hear the nurses in the hall talking about how someone having a procedure drank some Mountain Dew this morning so they are going to push him back...luckily for me that pushed me up and they took me in for my surgery/procedure at 12:50

They wheel me into the operating room and I have to slide onto a special gurney that has a spot cutout for your ass to sit in ( :tup: )...shortly after that the anesthesiologist starts to give me some goodies and then I am out...fully out because I was told I would have a breathing tube...once I woke up in recovery I was shaking like I was in 20 below weather...they piled tons of warm blankets on me and over my head....then off to my room. At that point I was told again I would need to urinate before I could leave....made my way into the bathroom and the 1st time was basically all blood, including a pretty large clotted piece...yeah that makes you feel good...oh and I forgot...it felt like a flame thrower, broken glass, barbed wire etc the entire time...then back in bed while they finish up paper work and get some liquids and crackers in me before they send me on my way...leave the hospital at like 3:45 (originally my procedure should have started at 3:30)...oh and before I leave the nurse tells me one very important thing...if I go 5 hours without urinating I need to get to an ER and she reiterated it two more times.

Got home and pretty much was going every hour and the longest span without going was 3 hours (while sleeping last nite and also this morning after I woke up)...still feels like fire, broken glass, barbed wire every time :wacko: I would say the 1st 3 or 4 times I went once I got home I passed some small shards (disgusting but I have to urinate thru a strainer and save the shards for the Doc)...outside of the burning sensation everything is fine...occasionally there are times when the urine is bloodier than others but it evidently is ok

I go back on Tues to have the Stent that they put in my ureter removed...yeah that sounds like fun but evidently they will put me to sleep to have that done.

I will leave yall with this....I don't wish a kidney stone on anyone but if you do by chance ever get one do your damnedest to pass it naturally..I tried as i was drinking in excess of 128 oz of fluid a day but I had no such luck.

and yes I feel safe saying that a kidney stone is by for the most pain I have ever been in and that includes herniating a disc in my back.

I hate having procedures that I can't pronounce and that's most of them.

Take care, my friend.

Thanks...I wonder if I should try and take some macro shots of the bigger pieces of shards :wacko:

Get better soon

Thanks

Good news! :tup:

thanks and still looking good

I remember when i tore ligaments in my knee back in 5th or 6th grade that it wasn't fun when I went to the doc and they drained fluid from it. The actual needle going in wasn't that bad, but for whatever reason the pressure when pulling back on the thing to suck the fluid out really sucked. (Joe Biden - Litterally).