[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Neb Vs Zona

Akfatha

I know im a husker homer, but so far it looks like a typical nebraska game. shutdown the opposing O, try to run the ball, and control the tempo.

Game over, no way Zona comes back from 20 down against this D.

I didn't realize until just now that:

NEB lost to VaTech by one point (16-15).

NEB lost to Iowa State by two points (9-7).

...and I knew that they lost to Texas by one point (13-12)...

I wonder where they'd be ranked heading into the bowl season if they'd won those three games (with their only loss coming to Texas Tech 31-10)?

I didn't realize until just now that:

NEB lost to VaTech by one point (16-15).

NEB lost to Iowa State by two points (9-7).

...and I knew that they lost to Texas by one point (13-12)...

I wonder where they'd be ranked heading into the bowl season if they'd won those three games (with their only loss coming to Texas Tech 31-10)?

Yea, they had 8 or 9 turnovers in that Iowa State game (it was ridiculous on a level I've never seen before out of this team). Tech legitimately kicked our ass this year. We just didn't show up for that game. Nebraska ended on a very solid note as they had their ups and downs this year.

Yea, they had 8 or 9 turnovers in that Iowa State game (it was ridiculous on a level I've never seen before out of this team). Tech legitimately kicked our ass this year. We just didn't show up for that game. Nebraska ended on a very solid note as they had their ups and downs this year.

NEB will be a force in the Big 12 North for a while, very well coached team and not too much competition around them.

Anyone hear any rumors of Mizzou joining the Big 10 so they can have a conf championship like others? That would open the door for TCU to join the Big 12??

NEB will be a force in the Big 12 North for a while, very well coached team and not too much competition around them.

Anyone hear any rumors of Mizzou joining the Big 10 so they can have a conf championship like others? That would open the door for TCU to join the Big 12??

Yup. They should own the Big-12 North.

And yup, I've heard rumors (ESPN Radio) about Mizzou moving to the Big-12. TCU coming over would make the most sense, and was what I first thought of, but I don't think they mentioned them as a potential add, for one reason or another.

congrats to Nebraska

just a flat out azz beating- not much else to say. That D is as good as the hype - they reminded me of UA's desert swarm D under Tomey - just phenomenal and able to completely take the offense out of anything they wanted to do. I never expected for the UA offense to be dominated like that - and for the UA D to take the night off - just embarrassing.

Hoping Oregon and Stanford can salvage some respek for the Pac 10 bc so far the bowl season is not good.

congrats to Nebraska

just a flat out azz beating- not much else to say. That D is as good as the hype - they reminded me of UA's desert swarm D under Tomey - just phenomenal and able to completely take the offense out of anything they wanted to do. I never expected for the UA offense to be dominated like that - and for the UA D to take the night off - just embarrassing.

Hoping Oregon and Stanford can salvage some respek for the Pac 10 bc so far the bowl season is not good.

Kudos for taking your lumps, unlike some people - who will go unnamed :D - who would just make excuses.

But man, I'm tellin' ya, the Pac-10 is wayyyy down right now. You know I'm a left-coaster and have been watching Pac-10 football since I was a tyke.

SC needing a hugh comeback to stave off Boston College? Boston College? Dude, Matt Ryan is long-gone and BC started a 25-year old freshman chump QB. SC will reload, I'm sure, but wow.

UCLA got by Temple... uh... Temple... only because their stud RB went out just after halftime.

I'll tell you this, though: Oregon and Stanfurd are probably the Pac-10's most under-rated teams and may salvage a little bit of respect for ya. Unfortunately, you have to continue to suffer with the Pac-10 hoops also being way down this year too. :wacko:

Kudos for taking your lumps, unlike some people - who will go unnamed :D - who would just make excuses.

But man, I'm tellin' ya, the Pac-10 is wayyyy down right now. You know I'm a left-coaster and have been watching Pac-10 football since I was a tyke.

SC needing a hugh comeback to stave off Boston College? Boston College? Dude, Matt Ryan is long-gone and BC started a 25-year old freshman chump QB. SC will reload, I'm sure, but wow.

UCLA got by Temple... uh... Temple... only because their stud RB went out just after halftime.

I'll tell you this, though: Oregon and Stanfurd are probably the Pac-10's most under-rated teams and may salvage a little bit of respect for ya. Unfortunately, you have to continue to suffer with the Pac-10 hoops also being way down this year too. :wacko:

werd - the funny thing is even tho I am Pac 10 homer thru and thru, the consensus nation-wide that the Pac 10 was neck and neck with the SEC as the #1 conference, in fact both ESPN college guys Schlabach and Ivan Maisel had the Pac 10 as the best overall conference - not a huge deal either way and I don't put THAT much stock in these lower tier games as a conference-wide measuring stick, - that being said just effing shocked at how badly UA was dominated

Pac 10 hoops is as low as I can ever remember - but they will be back, the ONLY reason is bc the Pac 10 lost more studs early to the NBA than any other conference, so just a small adjustment

werd - the funny thing is even tho I am Pac 10 homer thru and thru, the consensus nation-wide that the Pac 10 was neck and neck with the SEC as the #1 conference

I guess I could kind of see why... teams like Stanfurd, Cal, Arizona, ASU and even UW were kind of on the cusp of being decent-to-good, and the big swingers like Oregon and USC would make a ton of noise. Problem is, some of those up-and-comers didn't rise to the top and USC was down.

Stanfurd does look pretty good against OU right now (albeit this is a makeshift Sooner squad). Gerhardt is a beast!

congrats to Nebraska

nice to see someone take their lumps and not make excuses. good luck to the cats next year.