[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

help, my first year with a keeper baseball team

hollywood_69

I just got this team I can keep 8, if I don't I get extra round to pick in draft.

Who should I keep? Standard yahoo scoring

C Jorge Posada NYY

1B Ryan Howard PHI

2B,3B Ian Stewart COL

2B,3B Chone Figgins LAA

SS Jason Bartlett TB

OF Jason Bay BOS

OF Shin-Soo Choo CLE

OF Matt Kemp LAD

1B David Ortiz BOS

OF Denard Span MIN

1B Todd Helton COL

SP Dan Haren ARI

SP Chris Carpenter STL

RP Brian Fuentes LAA

RP Jason Motte STL

RP Ryan Franklin STL

SP Chad Billingsley LAD

RP Matt Guerrier MIN

SP Rich Harden CHC

SP Jarrod Washburn

Thanks!!

I just got this team I can keep 8, if I don't I get extra round to pick in draft.

C Jorge Posada NYY

1B Ryan Howard PHI

2B,3B Ian Stewart COL

2B,3B Chone Figgins LAA

SS Jason Bartlett TB

OF Jason Bay BOS

OF Shin-Soo Choo CLE

OF Matt Kemp LAD

1B David Ortiz BOS

OF Denard Span MIN

1B Todd Helton COL

SP Dan Haren ARI

SP Chris Carpenter STL

RP Brian Fuentes LAA

RP Jason Motte STL

RP Ryan Franklin STL

SP Chad Billingsley LAD

RP Matt Guerrier MIN

SP Rich Harden CHC

SP Jarrod Washburn

Thanks!!

I haven't started my baseball research yet, but off-hand, these are the names I'd consider.

Would keep 4 to 5

Kemp-No. 1

Haren

Bay

Howard

Carp--maybe

Figgins-check other teams for speed --definite plus 2 base

If you just took over team look for health and youth to build with--and the mantra is never keep a relief pitcher unless he gets 75 K's and is dominant think there are 3 this year Broxton, Mariano and Nathan--maybe Pap--

Speed--Bourn, Everth Cabrera, R. Davis, E. Andrus and maybe Span a little later in draft

good luck

I'd keep:

Howard, Stewart, Figgins, Bay, Kemp, Carpenter, Haren

Pretty much the same as earlier, except I'd keep Stewart. That is big pop from a middle infielder.

Stewart is nice but that is a 7th round pick. You can get him much later if you don't keep him.

as a special bonus we are looking to increase the size of our Both Roto League this year, if any are interested send me a PM or go to Huddle Roto King in the non-football fantasy league forums.

Edited by SLAYER

C Jorge Posada NYY

1B Ryan Howard PHI

2B,3B Ian Stewart COL

2B,3B Chone Figgins LAA

SS Jason Bartlett TB

OF Jason Bay BOS

OF Shin-Soo Choo CLE

OF Matt Kemp LAD

1B David Ortiz BOS

OF Denard Span MIN

1B Todd Helton COL

SP Dan Haren ARI

SP Chris Carpenter STL

RP Brian Fuentes LAA

RP Jason Motte STL

RP Ryan Franklin STL

SP Chad Billingsley LAD

RP Matt Guerrier MIN

SP Rich Harden CHC

SP Jarrod Washburn

Thanks!!

Stewart is nice but that is a 7th round pick. You can get him much later if you don't keep him.

as a special bonus we are looking to increase the size of our Both Roto League this year, if any are interested send me a PM or go to Huddle Roto King in the non-football fantasy league forums.

I think you probably could get Stewart a little later, but not much. I guess it would depend on how much is available at 2B/3B in the league. There really aren't any other 2nd baseman under him that I would be happy with, and I might very well take him in the 7th-ish round if I were drafting anyways. If there are other 2B guys you like, or you would rather have a speed guy there, let him slide. There isn't a 2nd baseman ranked below him with anywhere near his pop. Remember, the numbers he put up came in 2/3 of a season. Give him a full year at Coors. Also remember that this is a keeper league. Don't you think there is at least a decent chance that going into 2011, he is going to be a hot commodity? If it were me, I'd lock him up now. For a 7th? Absolutely.

I think you probably could get Stewart a little later, but not much. I guess it would depend on how much is available at 2B/3B in the league. There really aren't any other 2nd baseman under him that I would be happy with, and I might very well take him in the 7th-ish round if I were drafting anyways. If there are other 2B guys you like, or you would rather have a speed guy there, let him slide. There isn't a 2nd baseman ranked below him with anywhere near his pop. Remember, the numbers he put up came in 2/3 of a season. Give him a full year at Coors. Also remember that this is a keeper league. Don't you think there is at least a decent chance that going into 2011, he is going to be a hot commodity? If it were me, I'd lock him up now. For a 7th? Absolutely.

several reservations on Stewart--probably will not hit 260, his bat will have pop but you will have to draft someone just to offset in average; also if Young gets 300 at bats will diminish his value even more--if this is a 12 team league in the seventh round their is someone else with far greater value--would rather go Sizemore later in the draft

Edited by Sir Loins of Beef