[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The" "Official" "BCS Championship Game" "Thread"

Chief Dick

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas was looking pretty good with McCoy in there. His loss deflated the whole team. Up until it became apparent that he was gone, the Texas defense was man handling Bama and Texas was hyped up. Not saying they win it with McCoy, but I don't you can say Bama wins with him either, particularly since Texas was really whipping up in them before he got hurt.

Co-National Champs sound good?

Bama wears on you and wears you out at the LOS - Ingram and Richardson are averaging about 8 yds a pop.

Losing Colt DEFLATED the defense?? haha ok perch.

that was a helluva play by the big fella there on the INT, wow

This play-calling is making Bilichek and Tomlin's doofus moves look brilliant. First that fake punt early on, TX just runs and runs, then at the end of the half they try to get cute w/that shovel pass wt*?? Totally stupid.

Game over.

Losing Colt DEFLATED the defense?? haha ok perch.

Well, with McCoy out Davis went to a zone read offense, which led to 3 and out after 3 and out. UT defense is tired from getting no rest and thus, is deflated. See how I did that?

This play-calling is making Bilichek and Tomlin's doofus moves look brilliant. First that fake punt early on, TX just runs and runs, then at the end of the half they try to get cute w/that shovel pass wt*?? Totally stupid.

Game over.

Davis has been doing this for a while now.

Well, with McCoy out Davis went to a zone read offense, which led to 3 and out after 3 and out. UT defense is tired from getting no rest and thus, is deflated. See how I did that?

not buying it homie - it is the first half, no one on the UT D is tired yet, if anything the D is gonna dig in and fight like hell as long as they can- at least in the first half, unless they are getting dummied up front, and giving up 8 yds/carry......

Mccoy out is such a killer. Even if you have a very talented guy (as im sure Gilbert is) to come in under these circumstances as a freshman is so difficult. No chance to really set a gameplan on the fly for him. No excuses, as Alabama is playing great, but hard to argue that this game would be different if Colt didn't get hurt.

Texas looks like they have already given up. I feel bad for the QB. The game of his life but as a fresh he's nowhere near ready.

However the highlight of the game is Mussberger on the loose fan: "time out to get rid of the idiot" lol

Bull. They aren't anything amazing tonight. I still think they win with McCoy there but it woulda been close and TX might have pulled it off.

Would like to agree with you because I can't stand Alabama and their fans, much less their miserable excuse of a human being they have as head coach, but objectively, I have to say they are playing well. I agree, this game would be a lot closer if Colt didn't get hurt, but Alabama's defense is still playing extremely well, and offensively they are executing the gameplan and wearing the Horns down.

Texas was looking pretty good with McCoy in there. His loss deflated the whole team. Up until it became apparent that he was gone, the Texas defense was man handling Bama and Texas was hyped up. Not saying they win it with McCoy, but I don't you can say Bama wins with him either, particularly since Texas was really whipping up in them before he got hurt.

You mean all of the one and half series he played?? While the adrenaline was still pumping from the start of the game? It sucks that we don't get see a better game with Colt in, but as someone else stated... Bama just wears you down on the line of scrimmage. The tide (pardon the pun) was bound to change. You do realize these guys on Texas still have pride and are extremely focused athletes that hate to lose regardless of who they are blocking for.

Teams have won with backups before, but this deficit is just way to large now.

Would like to agree with you because I can't stand Alabama and their fans, much less their miserable excuse of a human being they have as head coach, but objectively, I have to say they are playing well. I agree, this game would be a lot closer if Colt didn't get hurt, but Alabama's defense is still playing extremely well, and offensively they are executing the gameplan and wearing the Horns down.

Objectively, I again say BS. Texas has all but handed the game to them. They have a freshman QB who when he is on target, half the time the passes are dropped. They have also been given a totally "free" TD at the end of the half. Except for a play or 2, Newton can hardly get out of his own way. And the play-calling is pathetic. Not trying to say Bama isn't a great team or anything but they aren't winning this game. They're having it handed to them by a team with its tail between its legs.

Objectively, I again say BS. Texas has all but handed the game to them. They have a freshman QB who when he is on target, half the time the passes are dropped. They have also been given a totally "free" TD at the end of the half. Except for a play or 2, Newton can hardly get out of his own way. And the play-calling is pathetic. Not trying to say Bama isn't a great team or anything but they aren't winning this game. They're having it handed to them by a team with its tail between its legs.

Texas receivers certainly arn't stepping up to help the young QB.

Like I said BeeR, I'm one of the biggest Alabama/Nick Saban hater on this board, but even I gotta give them some credit here. No one would argue your point that this game would be different if Colt wasn't hurt, but they have 144 yards rushing half way through the 3rd quarter. THIS is Alabama football. It just is, and they are imposing their will right now, and REGARDLESS of who is playing QB or not for Texas, the Alabama defense still has to execute the gameplan, and make plays, and that's what they are doing.

Like I said BeeR, I'm one of the biggest Alabama/Nick Saban hater on this board, but even I gotta give them some credit here. No one would argue your point that this game would be different if Colt wasn't hurt, but they have 144 yards rushing half way through the 3rd quarter. THIS is Alabama football. It just is, and they are imposing their will right now, and REGARDLESS of who is playing QB or not for Texas, the Alabama defense still has to execute the gameplan, and make plays, and that's what they are doing.

+1