[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Committ to the Indian

gilthorp

Not sure how many hockey fans are out there, but I am just absolutely stoked with the way my Hawks are doing.

They haven't even hit their ceiling and are starting to make good teams in the league look ordinary.

This team is capable of winning it all this year, but even better, they could be 2-3 years away from being their absolute best, and then it's the type of place other players will want to play allowing them to make smart decisions and keep this thing rolling they way it should be.

Not sure how many hockey fans are out there, but I am just absolutely stoked with the way my Hawks are doing.

They haven't even hit their ceiling and are starting to make good teams in the league look ordinary.

This team is capable of winning it all this year, but even better, they could be 2-3 years away from being their absolute best, and then it's the type of place other players will want to play allowing them to make smart decisions and keep this thing rolling they way it should be.

They look fantastic

I am impressed with their whole game ... great team to root for at this time for sure

I still hold a deep hatred of the Hawks that goes back to the North Stars days. That said, I do think they are definitely one of(if not the) best young teams going today. Fun to watch and should be successful for a while. They are one of the best examples of how it works in the NHL now...you gotta be really bad for a while, stock up on young studs in the draft, mix in some free agents when the young guys start panning out, and then you're really good. Pittsburgh is another great example.

Sadly, my Wild dont seem to believe in this recipe. They continue to try to be competitive each year and (as a result) are stuck in limbo as a middling team that either just makes or just misses the Playoffs. They're usually good enough to miss out on the real elite talents in the draft yet not good enough to get anything done in the playoffs(save for the miracle WCF run back in 03) :D

Oh, and you can have Havlat back, too :wacko:

Edited by Delicious_bass

Oh.....the days of Willie Plett and Dino Cicarelli, and bench clearing playoff brawls.....North Stars/Hawks....it did NOT get any better than those days.

Maybe the most amazing childhood sports experience of all was the Star Spangled Banner at the old Chicago Stadium before Hawks games. I am not a hugh hockey fan for whatever reason but that is something that will always stick with me. Pun intended.

Maybe the most amazing childhood sports experience of all was the Star Spangled Banner at the old Chicago Stadium before Hawks games. I am not a hugh hockey fan for whatever reason but that is something that will always stick with me. Pun intended.

tbimm, especially if you were like me, and only went to that place in the cheap sheets...up in the rafters, that place absolutely rocked.