[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ding Dong the witch is dead...

BS Miscreant

And I could not be happier. Well, that's not entirely true. I hate what this mess that he left in his wake might do to recruiting but other I am pleased to see him out the door.

Yes, he built the program and was a hugh part of their getting into the FBS and a BCS conference but his value had run it's course. They have underachieved for several years in a row now and were consistently one of the most undisciplined teams in the country. We, myself and every other Bulls fan I know that have even a shred of football acumen, are eagerly awaiting our new coach and a new direction.

Go Bulls!!!

So what's the latest on the coaching search? What do you think of Phil Fulmer's name being tossed around?

It has been confirmed that USF has been in contact with Calvin Magee (OC at Michigan/former USF asst) and Skip Holtz. Both have openly expressed interest in the idea but neither has really committed any good info.

Fulmer would bring with him big name recognition and that certainly would not hurt and he has obviously been successful. It would really come down to why he wanted the job which he of course would likely not share with the public. Does he just want another shot at being a BCS head coach or is this one in hopes of landing another?

There are a few other guys out there that are intriguing but not enough info to really talk about yet.

I'd like a guy who's relatively young, ideally with some Florida ties, that has already had recent success or is currently enjoying success at a somewhat "smaller" program that has proven he can get kids to come to the school and buy in to his program and would look at USF as a chance to make his mark. I would absolutely take one of the "studs" of coaching but that is not likely to happen.