[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers vs Jets - Divisional Round

Riffraff

I started looking artound for articles on this game. USA Today, a SD newspaper, here there and everywhere. After reading about 8 or 9 articles, something struck me as a bit odd.

The Jets talked about SD, Rivers, Gates, etc. From Rivers to the HC, SD never talked about the Jets at all. They talked about themselves exclusively. They talked about their offense, their great record on comitting few penalties, and basically about how good they are.

I don't know if there is anything to read into any of that, but I did find it at least a bit curious. Does it mean that they think as long as they play their game, they can beat anyone? Does it mean they don't think the Jets can beat them, not worth mentioning? Gag order? Trying to avoid buletin board material? I mean, wouldn't you mention that your opponent is the highest ranked pass D in the NFL? Or talk about the best rush offense in the NFL?

Just struck me as... curious. Quiet confidence or not taking the Jets seriously?

Maybe they haven't been quoted in print, but in many interviews, especially with Rivers and Turner, there has been considerable mention of the Jets defense, Revis, the recent stellar play of Sanchez, and the Jets power running game.

Believe me when I say the Bolts are taking NOTHING for granted.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'm callin this one. The Ravens could not upset the Colts. There is bound to be an upset this weekend. It's gonna be raining in SD. Worchestshire-Tomatillo-fennel

? Rain? In SD? A sign from above. I'm callin for the big upset. The Jets run even better in the mud.

God himself has made a ruling. The Jets get another shot at the Colts. :D

Yes, I've been :wacko: , but this is the state in which I find my utmost moments of clarity. Now I need to take a nap.

OK, I'm callin this one. The Ravens could not upset the Colts. There is bound to be an upset this weekend. It's gonna be raining in SD. Worchestshire-Tomatillo-fennel

? Rain? In SD? A sign from above. I'm callin for the big upset. The Jets run even better in the mud.

God himself has made a ruling. The Jets get another shot at the Colts. :D

Yes, I've been :wacko: , but this is the state in which I find my utmost moments of clarity. Now I need to take a nap.

Got news for you, Rovers. The forecast for game time is party cloudy and in the 60's. No God ruling, no sign from above, and no upset. Sorry.

I had a dream..... :wacko:

:D

I had a dream too.

It was about being a better boyfriend.

However! The Jets will prevail, and me and Rovers will be 2-0 for sig lines this off season.

Edited by Infinity

I'd like to apologize, in advance, to all the Chargers' fans. I picked them today in my local playoff pool. The only game I've gotten right this playoff season was the Jets-Bengals. Again, sorry for picking the Chargers.

Edited by buddahj

Spooky how when the announcers point out a streak it ends. Seems to happen an awful lot.

Gonna say the same thing. As soon as that graphic popped up, I told my wife "He'll miss it for sure now." It seems like every time the announcers mention a streak like that, it ends on the next play.