[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys/Vikings

whomper

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I heard on the drive home tonight is questioning if the Vikes ran the score up.

1. The Cowboys were calling timeouts. They were not conceding.

2. The Cowboys were blitzing. Should the Vikes have Favre or any QB take the ball and stand in the pocket so the Cowboys can hit them?

3. Have the Cowboys ever won a game in this way before? link

4. Should the Vikes let up? That is when players get injured.

All I heard on the drive home tonight is questioning if the Vikes ran the score up.

1. The Cowboys were calling timeouts. They were not conceding.

2. The Cowboys were blitzing. Should the Vikes have Favre or any QB take the ball and stand in the pocket so the Cowboys can hit them?

3. Have the Cowboys ever won a game in this way before? link

4. Should the Vikes let up? That is when players get injured.

Don't know it was just one game. They scored with 4 minutes left in the link you gave. Was that running up the score? Maybe....Maybe not.

Maybe this had something to do with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd1WYX_NajA

Or in 1996 where they had the game wrapped up and called timeout with seconds left so they cold kick another field goal? (To give Boniol a then-record 7 in one game)

Favre did mention that in his post game conference. It must have left a bad taste in his mouth.

I may be wrong but have any Boys fans on these boards complained about it ? Brooking took exception and thats fine. The beauty of football is you can always get revenge.

I havent complained about it but I do think it was classless, and I'm all for Brooking going over and calling B.S. on them for doing it, in the heat of the moment. At the end of the day though, if you didn't want them to run up the score, you should've stopped em from scoring...

I like Brooking's passion for the game tho, he's a fiery competitor.

Or in 1996 where they had the game wrapped up and called timeout with seconds left so they cold kick another field goal? (To give Boniol a then-record 7 in one game)

The statute of limitations ran out on this one. Bringing up something in 96 as insanity.

I don't know if it's classless or not, but it's stupid to leave Favre/Peterson/Rice in the game for sure.

The statute of limitations ran out on this one. Bringing up something in 96 as insanity.

I don't know if it's classless or not, but it's stupid to leave Favre/Peterson/Rice in the game for sure.

Really, that's interesting. So how about 1997? Are Packer fans no longer allowed to hang there hats on this?

:wacko: