[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

state of the union thread

dmarc117

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many state jobs (services such as police, etc) would have been cut without federal funds?

I don't know, this past weekend three different administration officials gave three different numbers form several thousand to 2 million. Even they don't know how Obama counts the jobs he has "saved".

Apparently the GOP also doesn't want tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas to be cut either.

Apparently they realize that if the taxes go up on those companies, the products the produce will necessarily get more expensive, meaning a great number of people will no longer be able to afford them, and may need the government's help to purchase them. Or it may cause the companies to be so much less profitable that the government ends up actually collecting less from them.

We need to export more of our goods. Double our exports over 5 years? Wow...

I guess we're doing our best to devalue our currency and making them cheaper.

I was just about to post that (until I heard him basically say that we would increase our exports by selling more weapons to foreigners). :wacko:

I actually agree with him on energy for the most part, as long as he doesn't go to new taxes. I like the sound of more exports, but don't see how he can make that happen unless he busts union and do away with the minimum wage. I like the sound of no capital gains on small businesses (depending on the definition of small businesses) as you know revenue isn't a good yard stick. I like a lot of what he says, I just question if Pelosi and Reid will include much of any of this in the legislation they write.

Perch sees a new truck in his future.

Had the killed the health care bill last summer I probably would have bought a new truck this month. Now maybe the hospitals will have something to build 6 months from now, unless it gets put back on the table. Then I may have to wait a little longer.