[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Economy and Stock Market

Brentastic

Let me just throw out a few price levels, that when broken, will confirm that wave 3 down has begun. Keep in mind, wave 3 is usually the most forceful wave, moving swiftly in it's motive trend (in this case down). So as I was saying yesterday, although it appears that wave 3 has started, it will only be confirmed when the DOW breaks 9835 and the S&P breaks 1044, but it's important to understand that both indicies must break these levels to confirm the wave 3. With that being said, I can say pretty confidentily that wave 3 has begun. The size and force of the selloff last week is consistent with primary degree motive waves.

FWIW, I also think we're in for some long-term pain. Looking at Greece, the rest of Europe, various state and locals in the US, and China, I just can't see how it WON'T happen. Those people in Greece won't give up a damn thing, and they're country is BROKE! They just expect Europe, the IMF, whomever to keep subsidizing them. Where does it end? With people starving, IMO, not in this country, but others, definitely.

I don't know Elliot wave, and always have put my money in mutual funds because I really don't know any better. I'm just looking at objective conditions and can't really see much of a way out - at least not one that people worldwide will accept. :wacko:

:wacko:

Seriously though, I don't have blinders on and if people look back more than 30 years, they would see what the market is capable of. This is not a market to be long in the long-run, that's for sure.

im just f'ing with ya. im using this to get out of everything.

uh, sorry, but according to Brent, the market does not move because of news--today's initial bounce is purely because of fractals

That EU stabilization package is colossal but they still have to fix the fundamental issues across the whole continent to make it work.

Just having a little fun is all. And actually, I'm somewhat serious.

I was talking to a friend of mine who works in one of the bigger financial firms this weekend. He told me how some of the account managers make moves based on what their clients call in and tell them to do. For the client, of course the manager does what he is told (if he can't talk them out of it), but for their whole managed portfolio, they do the opposite. The strategy makes money.

I was talking to a friend of mine who works in one of the bigger financial firms this weekend. He told me how some of the account managers make moves based on what their clients call in and tell them to do. For the client, of course the manager does what he is told (if he can't talk them out of it), but for their whole managed portfolio, they do the opposite. The strategy makes money.

Some of my former students who work in the industry have told me the same thing.

Some of my former students who work in the industry have told me the same thing.

how does the saying go? something like ..smart money is buying when everyone else is selling...or something like that

Just having a little fun is all. And actually, I'm somewhat serious.

That's not bad.

uh, sorry, but according to Brent, the market does not move because of news--today's initial bounce is purely because of fractals

That's not exactly right. In the short-term, the market can move based on news but not in the long run and it's not absolute like some believe. In a bull market, investors will use positive news to justify buying and vice versa in a bear market. It doesn't mean that there's not negative news in a bull market and vice versa.

The rally we see this morning is basically due to a bailout of Greece by the EU and the IMF. My questions is do we know how much of that money is coming from the IMF? Do we know how much of the IMF money is coming from the USA? How do you feel about your tax dollars supporting some idiots that refuse to face reality?